chris the man

LEAKED INSIDE "DD" INFO!

i clearily meant it the way i typed it. This is their attempt at the first 180db ever from a DC Soundlab sub.

In A-Team's testing, they can do a 178.x with a standard paper cone before it rips to shreds...

They are awaiting some sort of custom composite cone for these dc subs they will be using for both vehicles.. the 1 sub burp and the bassrace install.

Could of been read either way. Just need to clairify.

I'm surprised the cone held up that much honestly. Not knocking it or nothing, but its not even a special pressed paper cone. Just a standard "daily high power handling" cone persay.

I've seen damn strong paper cones fold at 155dBs(same cones held up to 179.4) It has to do with the install also in how much it can hold.

So just cause A-Team could do 178, doesn't mean anything less it won't happen.

i clearily meant it the way i typed it. This is their attempt at the first 180db ever from a DC Soundlab sub.

In A-Team's testing, they can do a 178.x with a standard paper cone before it rips to shreds...

They are awaiting some sort of custom composite cone for these dc subs they will be using for both vehicles.. the 1 sub burp and the bassrace install.

thanks for the information, i had no idea dd was already on that top.

im assuming concrete floors, and bolt on doors?

i dont know their insides.. it's an extreme vehicle..

I do know sub swaps showed the XL was louder than a 99z but that's a nono way of comparing subs..

They run 24kw to an XL and clamped ~ 12.2kw actual power.

I remember this setup, pretty crazy...

It did a 154.x at 39w clamped, lol. Pretty efficient.

180 has already been broke with 1 sub?! Or is this with one DC sub? I hope DC has a different cone, their standard won't like 180 well.

And all this DD talk, supercharged, really?! Bahaha.

DD is trying to hype up there product once again. Not that it won't deliver but regardless, what's the point in it?

I actually think half the shit you,Chris the man, post is bullshit. And you have no idea the half shit you say or what it means.

Seriously dude, you need to quit posting nonsense. Please actually research instead of going on "hear say".

dude get your shit out of here man. no one in here was talking shit and you have to go and ruin it. just to let you know my DD dealer is Kyle stephens . The marketing director for DD. so i think he JUST MAY know what hes talking about.

quit attacking me on here bro, your not proving any point. i dont even know what you look like. untill you can prove your as big as me, or have had as many systems as me. then you can talk. just take your shit elsewhere. we were all having a good convo in here untill you came with that crap. id whoop your ass hard bro and you know it.

heres a taste =]

dont be the next little boy...

You need to be attacked. Your a idiot, I'm just the only one who wants to point it out directly, in this thread anyways.

I don't care who your dealer is, as I didn't say YOUR dealer is full of shit, but posting saying what you said doesn't mean SHIT.

Now if you would of said a NAME to begin with, that might make people believe more. You posted stuff you could of pulled out of your ass or the person who told you ass. You didn't post any proof. Hell you can say you did 180 dB with 1 10 and 200RMS, swear a million times, but without proof, whats the point?

And just because YOU don't know who I am, doesn't mean I don't know anything.

And just because you have had a few instals doesn't make you a expert. Hell most audio enthusist, don't know or understand half what stuff in this industry means. Doesn't mean they are stupid, just means they don't fully research every detail.

You think your special, you posted a thread bragging you knew the Fi N3 could be played daily, but in reality, it isn't a secret. Its not suggested for the best daily sub. So therefore everybody suggest the N2 for daily. Its not like we are stupid.

Just like this thread too, you brag you know something somebody else doesn't, but your wrong again. So do us a favor, keep your specialness to yourself. Or is that a problem? Do you need the attention because in real life nobody pays you any?

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Well you did do work on that kid

lol thanks man!

ill be making one just like it with Ford302redneck coming soon

I do know sub swaps showed the XL was louder than a 99z but that's a nono way of comparing subs..

i think it wa the XL SPL motor correct? because that exact test i actually have heard of.

or am i wrong?

Edited by chris the man

180 has already been broke with 1 sub?! Or is this with one DC sub? I hope DC has a different cone, their standard won't like 180 well.

And all this DD talk, supercharged, really?! Bahaha.

DD is trying to hype up there product once again. Not that it won't deliver but regardless, what's the point in it?

I actually think half the shit you,Chris the man, post is bullshit. And you have no idea the half shit you say or what it means.

Seriously dude, you need to quit posting nonsense. Please actually research instead of going on "hear say".

dude get your shit out of here man. no one in here was talking shit and you have to go and ruin it. just to let you know my DD dealer is Kyle stephens . The marketing director for DD. so i think he JUST MAY know what hes talking about.

quit attacking me on here bro, your not proving any point. i dont even know what you look like. untill you can prove your as big as me, or have had as many systems as me. then you can talk. just take your shit elsewhere. we were all having a good convo in here untill you came with that crap. id whoop your ass hard bro and you know it.

heres a taste =]

dont be the next little boy...

You need to be attacked. Your a idiot, I'm just the only one who wants to point it out directly, in this thread anyways.

I don't care who your dealer is, as I didn't say YOUR dealer is full of shit, but posting saying what you said doesn't mean SHIT.

Now if you would of said a NAME to begin with, that might make people believe more. You posted stuff you could of pulled out of your ass or the person who told you ass. You didn't post any proof. Hell you can say you did 180 dB with 1 10 and 200RMS, swear a million times, but without proof, whats the point?

And just because YOU don't know who I am, doesn't mean I don't know anything.

And just because you have had a few instals doesn't make you a expert. Hell most audio enthusist, don't know or understand half what stuff in this industry means. Doesn't mean they are stupid, just means they don't fully research every detail.

You think your special, you posted a thread bragging you knew the Fi N3 could be played daily, but in reality, it isn't a secret. Its not suggested for the best daily sub. So therefore everybody suggest the N2 for daily. Its not like we are stupid.

Just like this thread too, you brag you know something somebody else doesn't, but your wrong again. So do us a favor, keep your specialness to yourself. Or is that a problem? Do you need the attention because in real life nobody pays you any?

this ends right here.

its over PERIOD.

yea ur right, it was on the SPL motor, forgot bout that..

I have actually talked to Rusty bout 1 week ago about if i should put the SPL motor on my subs i'll be orderin soon and he todl me that motor has been discontinued.

I asked why?

He said because they always continue to revise their product lines to make them better, more efficient...

they are currently in the process of modifying the current stock XL motor to still have a pole vent but be as efficient as the SPL motor was without an increase of cost to the customer!

He said it's been taken a while. Prototypes probably won't even be available til late summer. Market-wise, ETA is far from known.

Well, you got to think, if it did 130dB with 150watts, it wouldn't be near as loud with full power.

Doubling power adds 3dB in theory.

178 at 12k

175 at 6k

172 at 3k

169 at 1.5k

166 at 750w

163 at 325w

160 at 162w

157 at 81w

154 at 40w

Soooo. :)

Also I did these number in a hurry. They could be off. Just shows a example.

yea ur right, it was on the SPL motor, forgot bout that..

I have actually talked to Rusty bout 1 week ago about if i should put the SPL motor on my subs i'll be orderin soon and he todl me that motor has been discontinued.

I asked why?

He said because they always continue to revise their product lines to make them better, more efficient...

they are currently in the process of modifying the current stock XL motor to still have a pole vent but be as efficient as the SPL motor was without an increase of cost to the customer!

He said it's been taken a while. Prototypes probably won't even be available til late summer. Market-wise, ETA is far from known.

thats exactly what he told me when i ordered a 5 spl.

his plans are to bump up the XL to 1" slugs from what i heard last. but he is trying to keep it affordable

VERY INTERESTING...

Do you know how hard it is to get a 3db increase by doubling power in the real world?

It's not easy for a full 3db..

Next question is.. do you know how hard it is to continue to get 3db increase even if you are running over 8x the actual clamped power through power compression?

Goddamn I fucking LOVE E-Thuggin.

J

Settle down children.

Settle down Beavis.

Fixed. ;)

VERY INTERESTING...

Do you know how hard it is to get a 3db increase by doubling power in the real world?

Next question is.. do you know how hard it is to continue to get 3db increase even if you are running over 8x the actual clamped power through power compression?

I said in theory.

Actually it should be louder with low power than what you stated. Because there isn't any loss for factors.

Sooo, sounds like its not as efficent as it should be.

I would assume doubling power from 6kw to 12kw wouldn't increase the full 3dB. Its hard to say exactly what the gain would be, I'm just saying.

;)

Also, Aaron, how can I get in touch with you the easiest?

VERY INTERESTING...

I said in theory.

Actually it should be louder with low power than what you stated. Because there isn't any loss for factors.

I would assume doubling power from 6kw to 12kw wouldn't increase the full 3dB. Its hard to say exactly what the gain would be, I'm just saying.

;)

BatSignal.jpg

Damn Aaron, I pee'd a little when I saw that!

VERY INTERESTING...

I said in theory.

;)

BatSignal.jpg

:roflmao:

CONFIRMED FRM DIRECTEMAIL FROM JASSA @ DD

Chris the reason the Z is out done is because we add a neodymium shorting ring as well as another shorting ring. It reduces or eliminates stray flux. It is so strong that a 9500 series ferrite motor, after supercharging is as strong or stronger than the z95 woofer.

it can be done to almost ay woofer.

CONFIRMED FRM DIRECTEMAIL FROM JASSA @ DD

Chris the reason the Z is out done is because we add a neodymium shorting ring as well as another shorting ring. It reduces or eliminates stray flux. It is so strong that a 9500 series ferrite motor, after supercharging is as strong or stronger than the z95 woofer.

it can be done to almost ay woofer.

Well, the shorting ring(s) will reduce back-EMF, and lower inductance, neither will make the motor stronger, lower inductance can lower impedance and distortion, if you get the shorting ring right.