Sign in to follow this  
andrewgipson

Need help on what amp to get

I just ordered a BL 12 ohm duel 1. I am not very savvy at all with any of this stuff but know i want good stuff and it to sound good. One of my friends is selling a class D amp rated at 5000watts, I do not know the name of the amp right now, but hes selling it for 150$ because he needs money right now. Of course I dont want to push out 5000watts on my sub lol but I could get a capacitor for it and bring it down to what I want it to be at? I dont really know what im talking about so some help would be much appreciated! And yes, I am having a professional install the sub for me when I get the sub.

well im most certain the amp isnt putting out 5000watts because if it was it would be almost 3ft long and cost well over $500 used. thats most likely the peak power rating. you need to find out what amp and model then we can tell you weather its a good choice or not. I had just purchased a audioque 2200d amp that puts out 1200watts @ 2 ohms. you have a dual 1ohm so you either wire it to .5 ohm or 2 ohms. so try to find an amp that does anywhere from 1000-1500 rms watts @ 2ohms. hope that helps and great decision on sub choice you will love it :)

well im most certain the amp isnt putting out 5000watts because if it was it would be almost 3ft long and cost well over $500 used. thats most likely the peak power rating. you need to find out what amp and model then we can tell you weather its a good choice or not. I had just purchased a audioque 2200d amp that puts out 1200watts @ 2 ohms. you have a dual 1ohm so you either wire it to .5 ohm or 2 ohms. so try to find an amp that does anywhere from 1000-1500 rms watts @ 2ohms. hope that helps and great decision on sub choice you will love it :)

What he said :fing34:

Alpine mrp-1000 puts out 1000 @ 2ohm. But just because you have a sub that can take 1000 watts, doesn't mean it has to be. Keep your electrical in mind. You'd be wasting money on a capacitor. Do the big 3 and get a better battery up front. SSA is having a 15% off all XS power batteries in the store plus shipping is 24.99 flat on all batteries. Go as big as you can on the battery up front.

Hey thanks guys, ill let you know what kind of amp it is when I find out. Wow FI is working really fast.. I ordered my sub on saturday and UPS already notified me and its already being delivered! Thumbs up to FI audio!!!

congratulations man, you will be very pleased with your purchase as i am with my 12 bl. just make sure you dont go turnin the gains up straight out the box, let it brake in for a few days cuz it will loosin up and be alot louder and lower. Wow im surprised how fast yours has shipped cuz i had to wait for steel to come in for a month but was well worth the wait :). now i just gotta find a decent alt for my 05 honda civic so i can actually play my sub lol. Let us know what amp and we can help you determine if its a good match

Hey thanks guys, ill let you know what kind of amp it is when I find out. Wow FI is working really fast.. I ordered my sub on saturday and UPS already notified me and its already being delivered! Thumbs up to FI audio!!!

Once you order, you automatically get sent a tracking number. Don't get that confused from it being shipped.

If it says billing infomation received, your order is being processed and Hasn't shipped yet.

Now if you see movement of the package, it has shipped.

I just figured I'd let you know before you wait a week and its not there yet. It usually takes a few days to build the sub(depinding on lead time).

Once you order, you automatically get sent a tracking number. Don't get that confused from it being shipped.

If it says billing infomation received, your order is being processed and Hasn't shipped yet.

I just figured I'd let you know before you wait a week and its not there yet. It usually takes a few days to build the sub(depinding on lead time).

:WTFBubble:

:ughdunno:

Still havent figured out what amp my friend has so i give up and I am just going to buy an amp.. im thinking of a 1200 watt amp? any suggestions. And on the tracking deal it says "to be delivered to destination May 31st". even if it doesnt come intime thats good cuz it gives me more time to get my box built and get more money for a good amp

I was just making sure he didn't read it wrong.

I've seen countless people come on here, having a tracking number for two weeks and its still not delivered and raising hell. Just because it said bill info received, they thought it was shipped.

I think it would be less confusing if a label wasnt made till the sub was built.

Still havent figured out what amp my friend has so i give up and I am just going to buy an amp.. im thinking of a 1200 watt amp? any suggestions. And on the tracking deal it says "to be delivered to destination May 31st". even if it doesnt come intime thats good cuz it gives me more time to get my box built and get more money for a good amp

Whats the budget man??? You'll be running it a 2 ohms I hope ... I am in the same boat as you right now for my XCON though... I'm looking at the ZED Minotaur which is 1000w @ 2 ohms but has some very very good crossover features so it will sound bidzzling!!! It is on GROUP BUY right now as well for $435.

If you want to spend more money and have that 1200w, you could get this Sundown SAZ-2500D for $815.

I've also considered this Alpine PDX-M12 ...

Another good one but no real SSF at all is this JBL GTO14001 which has great output but again no SSF!!!

dont know if your willing to spend a lil more but i had just purchased an aq2200d from audioque.com. it does 1200 at 2ohms and if you ever wanted to upgrade or get another dual 1ohm you could wire it to 1 ohm and get 2200 true watts out of it. so if you get the aq2200 and wire it to 2 ohms it wont even phase the amp and will last soo much longer. the amp came out to $411 shipped which is a damn good deal for a 2200 watt amp! check em out man they got real good feedback and have always impressed me

Okay so this is what I ended up getting let me know if you guys think I made a good choice or if I really just did very horrible things to myself.. its a massive audio n3

1000 watt.. the guys at the store said it was a very good class D sub... whats your take?

I was just making sure he didn't read it wrong.

I've seen countless people come on here, having a tracking number for two weeks and its still not delivered and raising hell. Just because it said bill info received, they thought it was shipped.

He's right. I was going to say the same thing to avoid the "where is my sub" thread. This is the Fi section BTW. There is no reason to post this in here just because the sub is made by Fi. SSA has an amplifier section and you could simply state which sub you have and ask the same question in there. It would get more traffic and possibly help someone later on with the same question because it is in a more logical location. I don't get why this happens in the Fi section so frequently.

Anyway as far as amps go....running that AQ at 2 ohm wont make it last longer than at 1ohm if your giving it clean power and use some common sense. Shogen gave you some great recommendations. I was going to recommend finding a used PDX too. Another option is the JL HD1200. Like the PDX it will do 1200 at 1-4ohms. If you can find either for the right price they will suit your needs. Don't be put off by the fact that its JL. They generally have great resale values which is something frequently overlooked.

Edited by theluker69

Okay so this is what I ended up getting let me know if you guys think I made a good choice or if I really just did very horrible things to myself.. its a massive audio n3

1000 watt.. the guys at the store said it was a very good class D sub... whats your take?

Bad timing lol I literally just typed out that whole answer. Oh well maybe it will help someone else. Never heard of that amp maybe someone else can weigh in.

Well I put money down for that massive n2 1000 watt but when I got to the store they said they didnt have any left so they gave me $50 back and an AQ1200D... I might have gotten lucky guys. The place I go to I am friends with so they hook me up..

Haha yes thats what i was wondering because stereo shops wouldnt be selling products for dealer price or they wouldnt make any money. Gipson when you first started this post i referred you to audioque.com, did you go check it out?

Wish I had seen this topic sooner. There are a number of amps I would have suggested, but you have one now. Set it correctly and enjoy your new sub woofer.

Sign in to follow this