Sign in to follow this  
swagger_wagon468

Where should i mount my Stinger Volt meter?

So, i had my meter mounted on the left side of the pocket below the HU using velcro. well, that was late last year (cool weather), and now...

Hot Weather = the glue/tape on the back of the Velcro melting. :suicide-santa:

so, heres a few pics of my dash. there is nowhere to mount it that i can see. you can see where the trim piece around the pocket is a separate piecs. i have to take that off when i need to get to my HU. so i cant mount it there.

ANY opinions wanted. :)

thanks! :eek5wavey:

2011-05-09_15-40-31_524.jpg

2011-05-09_15-40-40_516.jpg

2011-05-09_15-40-48_796.jpg

2011-05-09_15-40-22_171.jpg

2011-05-09_15-41-23_941.jpg

2011-05-09_15-42-00_889.jpg

2011-05-09_15-41-51_73.jpg

Maybe try etching out a square beneath the cigarette lighter? Might be able to squeeze it in there enough to see the display while not having it's ass jamming into the new HU.

Oh and YelaWolf ftmfw :dancing:

clean up the same spot u had it, and the back of it, gorilla glue. doesnt seem like a bad spot to have it mounted.

clean up the same spot u had it, and the back of it, gorilla glue. doesnt seem like a bad spot to have it mounted.

If I understood correctly, he said that the entire trim piece that he had it mounted to will be coming out when he gets his new HU, so he's searching for an alternate spot. I'm sure he never thought about putting it back where it was.. :P

Where it was is fine. That is my new HU. I was just saying tht the trim piece right next to the pockeet(part with cig lighter) will need to be able to be removed incase I need to take my HU out. There's not enough room under the cig lighter. I would keep it where it was but there's no where to put any screws...

Where it was is fine. That is my new HU. I was just saying tht the trim piece right next to the pockeet(part with cig lighter) will need to be able to be removed incase I need to take my HU out. There's not enough room under the cig lighter. I would keep it where it was but there's no where to put any screws...

D'aw I assumed you were getting a double din. In that case, I'm not quite sure.

Good luck! I'm sure someone on here will have a solution for you :fing34:

ok here we go! take a piece of cardboard and cut it out so that it takes the whole slot where it is currently then once it fits SNUG! cut that out of wood or plastic or whatever and then put two voltage meters in there and also cut a piece for your usb plug like I did in mine! voltage monitor front and back! :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

Hold on hold on.. let me understand this right....

You don't want to put it back where it was because you "MIGHT" need to pull the head unit out?

For what? when? why?

Whatever you need to do back there, do it now then put it back in and secure the voltmeter back in place.

Why would anyone ever normally need to take the headunit out?

And even if they did.. we are talking about securing the voltmeter with double sided tape.. TAPE....

Pull the tape off.. put some more on there, done...

It's not like u are welding it in there and gotta cut the dash out just to get in there, lol..

Ramrod... I really reall like that idea. Might be what I do.

Shizz, yes. I want it where I can easily take out the HU. Also want it where it looks clean. Not just slapped om there. I am re-wiring my whole system when its time. Its not very clean install. And I want the volt.meter now. So when the time comes for my to rewire everything, I wont have to remove the meter. And if velcrow melted in the heat, wont double sided tape? :ughdunno:

Eggy, that's an idea. But with no cover, it will be HELLA bright.

I hope you don't have that installed at the radio. I would run the input wire to your amps just incase you have a voltage drop due to a faulty connection between your power source and yuor amps.

it depends on the properties of the tape..

I'm sure if u get some high temp 200F double sided tape that it won't..

I was just looking at 3M VHB tape..

That would work awesome for you but because you must buy it in rolls.. for this little project it's not worth it..

Each roll is $40 and is rated to handle up to 300F continuous, double sided, and xtreme high strength capable of replacing mechanical connections and can be used on plastic and painted surfaces.

Cut a piece of plexi, tint it with some window tint, hot glue voltage meter behind the plexi, and mount it in that pocket. Win!

Eggy, that's an idea. But with no cover, it will be HELLA bright.

Put a piece of tint over it

Cut a piece of plexi, tint it with some window tint, hot glue voltage meter behind the plexi, and mount it in that pocket. Win!

I was thinking he should stick it in his....

I would love to put a one way mirror in the rear view and mount a volt meter behind it. That would be bad ass!

Here is mine

Edit-0022-1-1.jpg

Edit-0023-3-1.jpg

Edited by edouble101

ok misread a bit. i'd go with the idea of double readouts. in fact i like that for myself. i'd do a reading at your battery or alt, and one like was said, right at the amplifier or rear batteries. lets see how it looks when ur done bro.

Edouble... I LOVE your false oem radio. That's the sickest thing Evarrrr.

So many ideas.

Now I gotta figure which to do.

And mine is hooked at my battery now.