ZacCutt

Fi glue, who has used it?

I ordered the glue from Fi with my recone kits and it arrived with some sort of activator. Any ideas on how to use this in the recone method?

Thanks

Edited by zcutt

spray it on before you put the two pieces together, makes them bond quickly and securely.

I'm guessing its like a cleaner.. Use it on the basket and then let it dry before applying glue? And its not to be used on the surround or spider or cap?

I'm guessing its like a cleaner.. Use it on the basket and then let it dry before applying glue? And its not to be used on the surround or spider or cap?

No. Apply to wet glue right before you attack the surround and such to the basket.

You should have someone else do it if you don't know how to recone it.

But what you have to do is attach the parts right after you spray the activator or spray it after you attach the parts with the glue. You don't want to wait too long because the activator will dry the glue up quick. You don't have to use the activator but then you will need to put pressure on the parts for a while until the glue dries.

Ok so it is an activator. Just trying to figure out what it was.. Unmarked bottles ftw..

If you order a recone kit and do it yourself. They assume you know what the two fluids are, which is right.

Lol no way I'd pay to ship these subs all the way across north america and back..... And it could have been an adhesion promoter. I stand my ground, but that's why I asked so don't hate.

Lol no way I'd pay to ship these subs all the way across north america and back..... And it could have been an adhesion promoter. I stand my ground, but that's why I asked so don't hate.

im in ur same boat bro im just messing with you! :gayhaaay1:

its activator...

glue it, then spray it..

i use baking soda :ehh:

If this is your first recone, do not spray before you attach the spider or surround.

Wait till after, to much sure you have it set. Cause once you apply the accelerator, its there.

Also, do not use accelerator on the dust cap! It will cause the glue to turn white. Some say not even to use CA glue.

I actually use 10-15 min epoxy for recone.

I just ordered a couple recones and was wondering what's better CA or epoxy? I seem to see people using both.

I just ordered a couple recones and was wondering what's better CA or epoxy? I seem to see people using both.

CA glue(Cyanoacrylate) is just the chemical name for Super glue, with an activator sprayed on separately, epoxy is resin mixed with a hardener, it really won't matter.

If it is your first time reconing I highly suggest 15 minute epoxy.

If it is your first time reconing I highly suggest 15 minute epoxy.

This guy knows his shit. Lol.

I agree,being first timer epoxy can be easier. Less to mess up.

Actually my first recone I used CA glue. Then after than I used Epoxy. I find I like epoxy better.

CA glue can be tricky, if you never used it before.

nice tutorial... pinned pls???

I've reconed before, but it has been a few years. I'll be getting some assistance with it as well. Looks like we'll be using epoxy. I actually didn't know the recone comes preassembled basically. When I reconed before I had to put everything together myself. This looks much simpler lol.

Lol.

Which company came preassembled? With it like that, leaves a lot more room for error. Definitely when the person hasn't reconed before.

I've always wanted to do a video of how I recone. I know there are other videos out, but most are by people who recone A LOT or builds subs, and the way they do it is kind of different than what a normal person would.

Plus I'm not sure if there is a video of how to the tinsels Fi/associate Use. Its kinda simple, once you know how. Plus it leaves less error for the people doing it. Its almost a art getting the old style tinsels the perfect length. To long would slap and break. And to short would break on over excursion.