jonbearsmt

sundown lincoln

some of you may know i have had a new car for a while now.. and i just started working on it,

i would like to share some of my updates with you so far,

2 runs of 0 gauge + 2 runs of -

1 orbit cell under hood

4 D31T batteries

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

2 neo pro 8's

2 Bohlender Graebener Neo-3

1 sundown 100.4

1 sundown 4500d

2 nightshade V1 D1 chrome baskets, OG. but i have these sold this week and im picking up a pair of the ns V2's

and this list will grown this is just a starter list

b90df5c02d62__1283848217000.jpg

2011-06-12_19-35-07_718.jpg

2011-06-11_22-43-38_420.jpg

2011-06-11_22-23-34_981.jpg

2011-06-07_17-53-08_152.jpg

2011-06-07_18-24-49_981.jpg

2011-06-04_17-32-09_359.jpg

2011-06-04_17-32-03_138.jpg

more pics to come,

Edited by bigjon

Damn I want to hear this when it is done!

:popcorn:

Very nice equipment. Glad you were able to pick out some tweeters for your active set up

Nice car, I'll be tuned in for this one. I just bought my first Lincoln the other day, an old '92 LSC.

Nice car, I'll be tuned in for this one. I just bought my first Lincoln the other day, an old '92 LSC.

oh a sweet mark very nice. what color,.

thanks guys. i just got most everything installed ups fucked me on my 4500D remote gain.... so i gotta wait for that. im ordering new subs from sundown this week.

and these tweeters are very nice!

I think it's the medium regatta blue but I'm not 100% on that, I'd have to check the codes

th_2011-06-15_12-00-24_249.jpg

Looking good. I'd like to hear how those BG neo-3s and Sundown neo 8s sound when you have some time. Text me, I'll take the suburban so you can take a listen to it. :)

Looking good. I'd like to hear how those BG neo-3s and Sundown neo 8s sound when you have some time. Text me, I'll take the suburban so you can take a listen to it. :)

sure thing, i would really like you to take a look at it aswell.. and perhaps you could take a turn at tuning it ..

cant wait to hear yours!

Im really interested in how you got those 8s to fit behind the door panel, because I know the TC door panels are similar to mine on the inside. Did you have to cut a large amount out?

Also from what the video showed it sounded great.

Nice lookin car man. I bet this is gonna sound great when its done. Keep up the good work!

thanks i hope so..

Im really interested in how you got those 8s to fit behind the door panel, because I know the TC door panels are similar to mine on the inside. Did you have to cut a large amount out?

i didnt take pics of what i cut.. but on the back of the door pannels it has a 5x7 shape on the door pannel its self.. so that it meshes with the factory location so the 5x7 is kinda sealed to the pannle... i shaved that flat, used two 8 inch MDF rings.. mounted siliconed, and then dropped my speaker in and put the door skin on..

the driver side took me alot more time(it was the first) i had to mount it a few times..put the door back togather.. then try again,,, 3 times... the passenger side i got it with out shaving.. but then when i got my amp installed it made noise.. so i took it off shaved it and it worked fine.

i didnt take pics of what i cut.. but on the back of the door pannels it has a 5x7 shape on the door pannel its self.. so that it meshes with the factory location so the 5x7 is kinda sealed to the pannle... i shaved that flat, used two 8 inch MDF rings.. mounted siliconed, and then dropped my speaker in and put the door skin on..

the driver side took me alot more time(it was the first) i had to mount it a few times..put the door back togather.. then try again,,, 3 times... the passenger side i got it with out shaving.. but then when i got my amp installed it made noise.. so i took it off shaved it and it worked fine.

Thanks for the reply. Thats kinda what I had to do when I put my crescendo 6.5s in the door make a ring then mount panel, shave repeat.

Can I ask why you made 2 mounting rings?

Thanks for the reply. Thats kinda what I had to do when I put my crescendo 6.5s in the door make a ring then mount panel, shave repeat.

a few reasons.. it was the only way the basket would sit into the 5x7 hole and its an 8 so its a little deep, and the depth on these cars is shallow. so to insure i had depth, (so the window would roll down) and do make it to where i did not have to cut the sheet metel in the door up.

So you used 2 3/4"

a few reasons.. it was the only way the basket would sit into the 5x7 hole and its an 8 so its a little deep, and the depth on these cars is shallow. so to insure i had depth, (so the window would roll down) and do make it to where i did not have to cut the sheet metel in the door up.

So you used 2 3/4" rings per door to allow the magnet structure to clear the door and cut and shaved the inner plastic panel to allow the cone side of the 8 to clear?

Also how loud are those 8s compared to a normal 6.5 comp set?

not so much the motor, but the basket,and the terminals

shhs i thought the CDT m6's were decent, but damn i was wrong.. i have used alot of midbass speakers, all 6.5's but i never ever heard a drum snap the way they do now with this 8, i mean you hear and feel the snar drum .. its nice...

rap and shit.. well i have never heard rap sound good, but im still playing with the adjustments... but i think its hard to make rap sound natural

side note.. my mom had a demo yesterday with just the mids playing.. nothing else.. and when drum solo came on she light up! she was yelling " i like that shit did you hear it!" yeah mom i did lol

shes gonna be stoked to hear these neo 3's paired with the 8s and the bottom end from my NSs

What do you have the neopro8s crossed at. I am having trouble finding a good spot for them. Right now I am at 85 and 24dB, I want lower though.

What do you usually pay for your town cars? We have this city that only retired people can live in, thats where 95% of the lincolns are and when they sell them.... they aren't cheap! 01s start at 10k

not so much the motor, but the basket,and the terminals

shhs i thought the CDT m6's were decent, but damn i was wrong.. i have used alot of midbass speakers, all 6.5's but i never ever heard a drum snap the way they do now with this 8, i mean you hear and feel the snar drum .. its nice...

rap and shit.. well i have never heard rap sound good, but im still playing with the adjustments... but i think its hard to make rap sound natural

How much do the neo 8s sell for, and do you like them in a 2 way setup?

I checked the SSA store with no luck.

Also kudos on another nice TC man.

New wheels since last time i saw it. not too shabby.

I heard this front stage today and it sounds absolutely fantastic. The range those tweeters have is ridiculous. Not to mention how well the Sundown 8s blend in. I really like how you kept them in the doors without exterior modification. The V1s were ridiculous on the 4500D... while they were still there. :drink40: :drink40: