NDMstang65

IB3's and SSD's are up!

IB3's and SSD's are up!

:sleepwerd4:

www.ficaraudio.com

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

So you guys decided against the NEO motors on the SSD's? That's kewl though, I doubted the SSD's ever needed the change myself.

Glad to see they're back!!!

Ha, IB3 backplate looks silly. Reminds me of a bowling ball. :P

Now that the SSD's are 1,000 watts RMS instead of the old 600, would my Rockford Fosgate P500-2 be better for the old SSD?

Thanks in advance!

Now that the SSD's are 1,000 watts RMS instead of the old 600, would my Rockford Fosgate P500-2 be better for the old SSD?

Thanks in advance!

The old SSD's were 800. But there is no such thing as underpowering, you can put a BTL on your 500-2 and it will perform well.

Thanks in advance!

The old SSD's were 800. But there is no such thing as underpowering, you can put a BTL on your 500-2 and it will perform well.

Oops, thanks for the correction on the wattage!

I understand that you can't underpower the sub, but wouldn't the old SSD take the wattage more efficiently, which would in return create more sound? Thanks for the quick reply too! :D

Thanks in advance!

I understand that you can't underpower the sub, but wouldn't the old SSD take the wattage more efficiently, which would in return create more sound? Thanks for the quick reply too! :D

No, the power rating is only a general recommendation on the maximum amount of power to apply to the woofer, there are cases where it does not hold true, but it is accepted as true.

The efficiency is a separate specification, and I am confident that Fi did not take a step backwards with the redesign of the SSD, it should be as good if not better than the previous version.

Thanks in advance!

No, the power rating is only a general recommendation on the maximum amount of power to apply to the woofer, there are cases where it does not hold true, but it is accepted as true.

The efficiency is a separate specification, and I am confident that Fi did not take a step backwards with the redesign of the SSD, it should be as good if not better than the previous version.

Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

EDIT: You're almost at 10k posts! Gratz!

Edited by Freshh

Thanks in advance!

Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

EDIT: You're almost at 10k posts! Gratz!

Post pp a build log with some pictures for us! We'd love to see it!

I didn't even realize that, thank you :)

With the heli-cool system on the SSDs like their bigger brothers, it does bump up the thermal capacity of things.

Took big steps forward to do the SSDs with Neo, then took many more backwards when the Neo prices went crazy. We had been several months into having things tooled, sampled, and approved to have pricing go through the roof. We then had to scramble backwards and redo the SSD and IB3 lines to make upgrades and our desired price points. We are stuck with the N2 and N3 drivers right now (and will try to continue to eat the magnet costs) but they are selling better than the older versions ever did... so thats a good thing.

Im happy with the new SSD line and think its a good step forward for the line. Not too mention all US steel (and US made 18" 12 spoke basket).

Thanks,

Scott

With the heli-cool system on the SSDs like their bigger brothers, it does bump up the thermal capacity of things.

Took big steps forward to do the SSDs with Neo, then took many more backwards when the Neo prices went crazy. We had been several months into having things tooled, sampled, and approved to have pricing go through the roof. We then had to scramble backwards and redo the SSD and IB3 lines to make upgrades and our desired price points. We are stuck with the N2 and N3 drivers right now (and will try to continue to eat the magnet costs) but they are selling better than the older versions ever did... so thats a good thing.

Im happy with the new SSD line and think its a good step forward for the line. Not too mention all US steel (and US made 18" 12 spoke basket).

Thanks,

Scott

Where price decreased with the N series, would increasing to the old price point be beneficial?

Also, any ETA on the N1? I want a true to it's roots SQ driver machined from US steel, in the US, for my birthday! :gift:

It's March 1st, you have a little time to get moving :P

Just bought my first 10" sub, SSD :D I can't wait!

Thanks Duran for talking me into it! :thanx:

Now 30 days... :suicide-santa:

Odds are it is less then 30 days.

That is up there just incase we run into any issues which has been sort of par for the course with our first run of new parts.

there some little beasts man

u gonna port it or seal it?

I'm going to start working on the box today, I decided to do an L port box, and it's going in the trunk of my Mazda Rx8!!

It's bigger for a 10" sub, 1.6 cubic feet!

I'm going to start working on the box today, I decided to do an L port box, and it's going in the trunk of my Mazda Rx8!!

nice, goin for low end extension im guessing?

I do love the low notes, but really just some air pressure in my ride is fine with me. :D

I see you had your 10" in pretty big box for Fi standards too! How'd it sound?

Edited by Freshh

I do love the low notes, but really just some air pressure in my ride is fine with me. :D

I see you had your 10" in pretty big box for Fi standards too! How'd it sound?

it shook my truck lol

i had it in a box almost twice the recommended size for several months until the tinsels finally broke from overexcursion, man that thing moved :lol2:

Well... My RF P500-2 is dead, and I'm now in the business of looking for a new amp, any recommendations for me?

I ordered a Fi SSD DVC 2-OHM, and my car is wired with 4 guage wire. I'd like to keep the price below 350 is possible. Thanks in advance..