Lschevy

sundown z v.3 or nightshade

I love my Z 15's but im eventually going to change my subs, i was wondering with the same box and power which will perform better?

I would say the Z, but what are your goals?

and how much is said box and power?

Depends on power, above 2Kw per woofer the Nighshade is a better choice.

Nightshade line has a higher motor force, more linear x-max, and a bit more maximum thermal power handling.

If you are more into competition then I'd get the Nightshades, if you're daily driving then I'd go with the Z v3's. True enough the NS's will get nastier but I think the gain would be more for SPL, that's just my .02

I've impressed a lot of people and turned a lot of heads with my z v2's so I can imagine how the nightshades are. Will the z v.3' a be a big improvement over the v'2's?

if you are debating whether or not to upgrade to the z3s it could be a slight difference but i think you want a big difference. just get the nightshades. worry less about breaking your subs and more time abusing them.

Unless you have strong electrical I wouldn't run .5 ohm daily.

How strong does he need? I have a 180 amp alternator and a Kinetick HC2000 in the trunk, mine never let me down

untill the day it does.......

you may not have an issue... but as we can plainly see the OP is not a audiophile ... so dishing out advice that encourages rooks to try wreckless things with thair amps with no need, results in mistakes that are not necessary.

to the OP

sure it may work out just fine on .5 ohms.. but why???

the 3500 D will give those subs PLENTY of power, at 1 ohm .. infact... you will never notice the 500 watts or so you will gain by running the at below 1 ohm.

you will only void any warrenty you may have and also maybe perhaps even shorten the life of your amp.

IF YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT THEN WHY DO IT??

your going to buy new subs anyway.. so just order dual 1's and do the thing right..

just my 2 cents... but WTF do i know.

my personal thoughts, you wanna run .5ohm daily? get yourself a dc or similar ho alt, a couple runs of 1/0 wiring, a couple xs d3100's or very similar batteries, have a professional design your box and check your box rise. you'll probably be just fine....if you half ass it anywhere in that spectrum, you'll be fixing your amp. if i was you, i'm with the above, get dual 1's to begin with.

I have 2 nsv1 18s in a 9 cu ft wall, two3500s strapped at .5 each. I rise to 1 ohm per amp... And with 1 amp it seems just about equally as loud and I'm metering damn near the same numbers. Gonna try unstrapped one day.

untill the day it does.......

you may not have an issue... but as we can plainly see the OP is not a audiophile ... so dishing out advice that encourages rooks to try wreckless things with thair amps with no need, results in mistakes that are not necessary.

to the OP

sure it may work out just fine on .5 ohms.. but why???

the 3500 D will give those subs PLENTY of power, at 1 ohm .. infact... you will never notice the 500 watts or so you will gain by running the at below 1 ohm.

you will only void any warrenty you may have and also maybe perhaps even shorten the life of your amp.

IF YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT THEN WHY DO IT??

your going to buy new subs anyway.. so just order dual 1's and do the thing right..

just my 2 cents... but WTF do i know.

i agree

I agree with big Jon no need to run at. 5 ohm unless doing comps. Why void warranty on amp if not needed and the extra strain on electrical .

X eleventy billion

No need to run at .5

i know there was talk of the zv2 having just as much motor force as a nightshade v1. I think between the nightshade v2 and zv3 would be extremely close and not a big difference. What jacob has in the works looks insane tho ;)

NOOBY.....