SMpaintball78

so im putting subs in my 1965 mustang....

As my title reads, im putting subs in my 1965 mustang. im not doing anything big like my truck (12" orion hcca) i just want a little something. i was thinking about 2 10" kicker cvr's or 1 15 of something but idk what.IM NOT SPENDING MORE THAN 150 ON SUBS! i have a kicker zr240 (TRUE 500 watts) to push whatever i get. any ideas?????

Thanks

Edited by Lantz

depends on how much room you have and how much your willing to spend. IF you have the room id say 2 12" dcons would be awsome on a budget and with that amount of power. Or 2 12" Fi x's.

i dont think you even need 2 of anything.. infact i would do 1 good 10' or 1 good 12. in the right box,. it will be more then you expect. and you can still some in on budget,.

i did a single SA 12 on 500 watts in a buick roadmaster for a friend of mine.. he could not belive the sound.

i dont think you even need 2 of anything.. infact i would do 1 good 10' or 1 good 12. in the right box,. it will be more then you expect. and you can still some in on budget,.

i did a single SA 12 on 500 watts in a buick roadmaster for a friend of mine.. he could not belive the sound.

agreed...

Audioque has their SDC2.0 12's on sale for $79. 250rms a pair of those may be a thought for ya.

I'd go with a single quality 10 or 12 as bigjon said. A single SA series, Incriminator 187, SSA Dcon or Fi X series would do you good, maybe even a 15" Dcon sealed up?

Yeah, a buddy of mine ran a single SA-12 off of like 600w, it hit every note you threw at it.

well heres the situation... i am having a custom box built as we speak for my 12" orion hcca for my truck. after i get that box, i will have a empty 12" ported box, and 1 15" sealed box. im looking for SQ. it a '65 mustang so i dont want vibrations and such. no telling what might come apart... lol im HIGHLY considering the 1 SA 12 or the incriminator 187. will it sound good in a single 1.8CF ported @ 38Hz with 500 watts?????

if im doing 1 12, i really dont want to spend more than 125 on one. i have the kicker cvr 12 in the back of my mind...... iv owned cvr's befor and i have decided a long time ago that they are the best bang for the buck. but iv always wanted a sundown sub. WHAT DO I DO???? used SA 12??????

Edited by Lantz

Maybe a b-stock SA-12 if your minds set on one. I personally think that sub is geared more toward SPL but depending on what you listen to I'm sure it will sound fine, especially in the right box. Sundown recommends 1.75 cubes for the SA-12 so your box should be ok if you really wanted to reuse it.

im looking for SQ.

Then front stage first
im looking for SQ. will it sound good in a single 1.8CF ported @ 38Hz with 500 watts?????

Those two sentences have nothing in common.

if im doing 1 12, i really dont want to spend more than 125 on one. i have the kicker cvr 12 in the back of my mind...... iv owned cvr's befor and i have decided a long time ago that they are the best bang for the buck. but iv always wanted a sundown sub. WHAT DO I DO???? used SA 12??????

None of the above unless your goals aren't what you say they are. You should take a step back and focus on the install if its true and the driver a bit secondary. Bass won't be your problem anyways.

I'd personally go with an SA-12. You have the box, and if you ever did wanna get louder you could throw another 500w at it. I think it'd be worth a little extra cash, if you can't find one used.

I'd personally go with an SA-12. You have the box, and if you ever did wanna get louder you could throw another 500w at it. I think it'd be worth a little extra cash, if you can't find one used.

I'm not sure how much I will be using the system though. Whenever I drive my car, I love to listen to the v8 rumble haha. I seldomly listen to the sterio but when I do, I want a little bass. That's y I don't want to drop to much on a sub.

What about a incrimator audio 12 or a ss dcon 12? Those brand new are in my price ranger and have good reviews

What about a incrimator audio 12 or a ss dcon 12? Those brand new are in my price ranger and have good reviews

You didn't comment on your time frame for getting a sub, and you said you might like a Sundown sub, so you could check these out:

I'd like to get one within the next 2 weeks lol. I seen a vid on YouTube And they are some beast subs. But I don't want to wait till September to bump lol.

I'd like to get one within the next 2 weeks lol. I seen a vid on YouTube And they are some beast subs. But I don't want to wait till September to bump lol.

AQ SDC2.0?

AQ SDC2.0?

i want something a little more beefier. im stuck between the IA 187 12, the kicker cvr 12, or the SSA dcon 12

Yeah, you don't really need to consider the kicker. Not like you're gonna be brutal on your subs, but recones are like the best thing ever. Just saying.

id just scratch that kicker off the list if i were you, they have absolutely no sq whatsoever. If i were you id just do 2 10" dcons :)

i have owned many kicker cvr's and I LOVE THEM. im not going to need a recone anyways. like i said i very rarley use the sub to begin with. and when i do, i only have 500 watts for it. im either doing 1 12 or 1 15. im between the IA 187 12, the dcon 12 or the cvr 12

I'd go for the Dcon or 187

What's wrong with a X?

What's wrong with a X?

Like another lower powered sub that has already been mentioned they need more publicity or word spread or something. There's nothing wrong with a great lower powered sub like the X but everyone thinks they need 1 or 2 thousand watts worth of subs to get loud enough.