basshead7890

95 Honda Accord Build Crossfire XS-V2 18"

Listening to young jeezy white girl, it was louder on both notes but the xcon sounded like "deeper" on the low note, it's hard for me to put it in words of how it sounds lol

1011984fg.jpg

Edited by marq7890

If I were an amp, the things I would do to all that subwoofer tail. It'd be some real live action. Like Prince, those some sexy mofos.

Do you know whose soft parts were used to build the DC?

Do you know whose soft parts were used to build the DC?

no, from my understanding it's just a regular m1 with the different dust cap

Edited by marq7890

i got the lvl 5 metered today and here are some numbers

meca style, driver's door open

1012012r.jpg

meca style playing Baby D -Get Out, driver's door open

1012018.jpg

sealed on the dash playing baby d get out

1012016.jpg

Edited by marq7890

I was one of the winners in MurderMat's giveaway and I just got it today, should have it installed later this week.

1012019.jpg

Great progress. Next in line should be a Zcon ;)

that basket just looks really sexy man!!!

Great progress. Next in line should be a Zcon wink.png

I want a Zcon but I just like the look of the inverted dust cap and Aaron said the zcon can't use them, so hopefully if ssa comes out with another sub it will have it.

Edited by marq7890

If u don't mind repeating yourself.....

What is the noteable differances between the two subs...

*on a musical stand point by ear?

*on the meter under similar Mic placements?

Is there anything that tends to stand out about one versus the other in the way of pro or cons?

Just curious of your experiences and opionions thus far.

Two very impressionable subwoofers, within a close swap, leaves me intrigued for details.

Thanks for your input.

Chop

The dc is louder to the ear and on the meter by 2db, measured at the headrest both at 37hz. The most notable difference is the higher bass notes like around 45hz & up, it's like more of a punch in the chest and it's hard for me to explain, but xcon sounded deeper on the lower bass notes like around like 30hz and below. There really aren't any cons, just that the xcon wasn't the type of sub I wanted, I'm more of the spl type.

cool stuff man yeah my zcon is really punchy on the high frequencys! i remeber when sirlancealot switched from xcons to zcons the xcons sounded REALLY GOOD specially on low end but the zcons just pinched your ears really good on the higher end frequency's!

update:

the alternator didn't fit, found out it was made for a civic, but I did get my other amp installed. I will finish up the cover panel tomorrow

0000005x.jpg

0000006qq.jpg

now im going to save up for another alternator and box

Damn man its all gorgeous! Im trying to do the samething with my truck but im havin to save up. Its nice to see another guy from Alabama on here who is into the hard hitting SPL like me. At the momment i had to get something kinda small to drive around with (P3 12 in a custom box running a 1000rms) but im lookin to get a DC or SSA. Next time im in Huntsville id love to hear it! I live in Anniston btw.

Damn man its all gorgeous! Im trying to do the samething with my truck but im havin to save up. Its nice to see another guy from Alabama on here who is into the hard hitting SPL like me. At the momment i had to get something kinda small to drive around with (P3 12 in a custom box running a 1000rms) but im lookin to get a DC or SSA. Next time im in Huntsville id love to hear it! I live in Anniston btw.

cool man, next time your in huntsville let me know