HawkEye

Need Advice

Hey all.I know im going to get hammered with "your a noob" and crap like that but I need to know something.Im pretty limited on space in the trunk of my 2001 galant.I need room for a box,batteries,ect and im trying to figure out which route i need to go.Right now I have sitting in my backseat 2 15" american bass xfl subs.I want to get a box built for them for my trunk but everyone on here and elsewhere seems to think the box would be to small for them.SO, I am wondering if I could get a single 15" Fi BTL N3 and get a box built to specs for the sub and be as loud as the 2 american bass xfls in a small box.

My goal is to be loud on music and I have a 220amp HO alt and im running a planet audio bb 2400,big 3,all 1/0 wiring ect...

I plan on getting a bigger amp later on down the road (would love a saz 3500) but for now the bb2400 is all i have

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question but im having to teach myself car audio because no 1 around here knows much or wants to help teach me

I would go for the n2 btl, the n3 is meant for spl but it will play music but not sound as good as the n2 and unless your competing the n2 is a beast sub. It should be louder in the optimal box than the 2 in a small box

Are you stuck on 15s? Two 12s could fit in the same space as the one 15. (for most subwoofers)

Why not try building a new box to fit in your trunk with just 1 of the AB subs you already have? Test it and see if you want more.

First step: Measure your trunk and determine your actual space.

Second step: Discuss what subs will fit.

And NO, you cannot do it in a different order as it will just be a waste of time.

....n3 hmm ok have fun with that.

Are you stuck on 15s? Two 12s could fit in the same space as the one 15. (for most subwoofers)

No Im not stuck on 15's. What would be a good pair of 12" subs that could handle alot of power?

Some one is ahead of them selfs

Some one is ahead of them selfs

I completely agree.

No Im not stuck on 15's. What would be a good pair of 12" subs that could handle alot of power?

Hey all.I know im going to get hammered with "your a noob" and crap like that but I need to know something.Im pretty limited on space in the trunk of my 2001 galant.I need room for a box,batteries,ect and im trying to figure out which route i need to go.Right now I have sitting in my backseat 2 15" american bass xfl subs.I want to get a box built for them for my trunk but everyone on here and elsewhere seems to think the box would be to small for them.SO, I am wondering if I could get a single 15" Fi BTL N3 and get a box built to specs for the sub and be as loud as the 2 american bass xfls in a small box.

My goal is to be loud on music and I have a 220amp HO alt and im running a planet audio bb 2400,big 3,all 1/0 wiring ect...

I plan on getting a bigger amp later on down the road (would love a saz 3500) but for now the bb2400 is all i have

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question but im having to teach myself car audio because no 1 around here knows much or wants to help teach me

Define A LOT of power. There's a ton of subs out there that are rated to handle lots of power, you need to choose a sub based on your goals for the system, period. What's wrong with the American Bass 15's you have now, other than the potential box size problem? Can they be ran sealed? Are you trying for numbers to compete?

There's so much more to the sub system than the sub that's chosen alone, 90% of the end result is decided by it's installation, which includes the design and implementation of all the components involved and their interaction with the vehicle. You need to figure out where you're really going with it first, then choose your equipment accordingly. Personally, if I were you I'd be looking at two 12's such as BTL's, ZCON's, Nightshades, IA Death Rows, DC Level 4 XL's or Level 5's or another sub that's rated to handle absurb amounts of power. Then you know that fitting the enclosure will be much easier, easier to redesign and change in the future when your tastes or goals change and able to handle the SAZ-3500 or bigger amp.

Just my .02

The zcons can handle some nasty lows but I believe the btl n2's are crazy loud so my 2 cents is two 12 inch btl n2s. Good luck with your build!

Check the room available in the trunk. Maybe you can fit those 15's in a ported box with aeroports. you never know ! That would allow you to keep your subs.

If you want to change them, get 2 12's. Zcon, xcon, btl, death row, whatever you like ...