Sign in to follow this  
swagger_wagon468

New build idea...

Soo... im trying to determine the next setup. I know i am doing ZCONs. And I will be using saz-3ks. Now what I need to figure out is if I can somehow fit 4 18" zcons on 4 saz-3ks. I am thinking of a wall behind the back seats... I dont(wont) want to remove my back seat.

Now im not sure exactly how much room I have back ... So I will have ro measure it out later. How many cubes do you think would suffice for 4 18" zcons ? Since I will have a little more power than recomended, the enclosurecould be on the smaller side correct?

Im thinking I will have enoughroom but not entirely sure. I will be doing competitions with this setup, but itwill also be a daily driver. So I

will want to utilize a adjustable port, whether that be aero or plug, not sure. Also some questions for the electrical... I was thinking ofa DC Power 270xp. But I dont think that would be enough for 4 saz-3ks. So maybe the 390xp(or whatever the highest one is...) Or dual 270xps?... Though im not sure theres room for dual alts. For batts, ill be going with xs power D3100s. How many? Not sure of that yet.

Any input on anyof this is appriciated.

Right now I have just one saz3k. This build will take me a little bit to get everything. I just want to find out how many amps I need ro get...etc. I will take some measurements and pics romorrow. :)

Thanks!

You're definitely going to want 2 or more alts if you want to do much more than burp I think. 4 would be probably be ideal but I don't think you can fit 4. I think running a pair on 6k would be much easier to do.

It probably won't be a daily driver anymore.

It probably won't be a daily driver anymore.

^^ I would think this will be the case just do to weight.

I would suggest doing the research on your possibilities on alts and electrical, that would play a significant peice in achieving the required power that 4-saz3ks will draw.

Sounds like a hell of a setup, would love to see this come together!

When you say due to weight, what do you mean? do you mean because of stress on the suspensin? it is lowered on shocks and springs now...if I do this...all that weiggt will cause it to ssag. what about coilovers? I thimk those would be a better choice. right?

When you say due to weight, what do you mean? do you mean because of stress on the suspensin? it is lowered on shocks and springs now...if I do this...all that weiggt will cause it to ssag. what about coilovers? I thimk those would be a better choice. right?

I am referring to weight from an enclosure large/strong enough to support the 4 ZCONS (probly needs to be double walled all the way around), add that to 4 sub amps, bats, the subs. It's getting heavy to tote suspension wise. Also what motor is in this wagon?? Just things to consider...

Its got a 3.0 v6. 380,000miles on the car. 150,000ish miles on the tranny and motor. Grandma bought it new in 94. Im about to replace the engine/tranny mounts, hub bearings, coolant bottle, and power steering. And ive already done timing belt, c/v axles, suspension, custom intake, etc to it. After my next round of repairs/upgrades... It should be like a new car. Lol

Be prepared to spend a lot of money on suspension upgrades to support something like that. The biggest problem with adding all that weight is going to be the stress on the tranny.

why do you need four again???

Be prepared to spend a lot of money on suspension upgrades to support something like that. The biggest problem with adding all that weight is going to be the stress on the tranny.

This is very true. You're looking at adding probably at least 1500lbs. maybe closer to 2000lbs. The suspension is not going to like that kind of load, the tranny is going to be working it's ass off thinking you're towing a trailer constantly and will get hot. You will notice your brakes won't stop you near as well and will wear out faster. Your mpg will go to shit and the strain of the alts on the motor will cause a loss of hp which will decrease acceleration. There are all sorts of things affected by adding a constant load of this magnitude to your vehicle.

You can overcome all of these obstacles and maintain it's daily driver status by throwing money at suspension, brakes, gears, rebuilding tranny and adding/upgrading cooler, motor mods, etc.

I'm not trying to tell you not to do it, just telling you it's going to be expensive to do it right so you can have a safe, dependable car and be happy to drive it daily. Just my $0.02

Well damn. Lol. Didnt think of all that. :(

Now what... I really want to do atleast 2 zcon 18's on 2 saz3ks... That would be alot better right? Single 270xp alt. Oly one or two d3100s. And half the wood, sub, and amp weight.

You could always go with 4 lower power 18s. More cone area rather than lots of power

Well damn. Lol. Didnt think of all that. :(Now what... I really want to do atleast 2 zcon 18's on 2 saz3ks... That would be alot better right? Single 270xp alt. Oly one or two d3100s. And half the wood, sub, and amp weight.

Well I am going with zcons for sure. I love the quality and loudness of SSA. ;)

My responce to your first question was not to be discouraging, only to have you think of all the things mentioned if you havn't. If you don't drive that much or have a second vehicle so this project is not your primary vehicle, then why not? It would not be very enjoyable to have an awesome system installed and not be able to cruize around to show it off.

I understand it wasnt meant like that. :) I just didnt think kf all that. Lol

I want to get a second car... But no funds for that. :/

I want to get a 2door version of this camry 5speed and do a performance build on thar..thing is, I cant have two projects witg no DD.

So maybr, get my 2dr... Then drive it while I do my audio buold. Then when im done with that, use it asmy DD temporarily untill I finish my coupe. Then switch off... Hmm, thatcould work. ;)

I understand it wasnt meant like that. :) I just didnt think kf all that. Lol

I want to get a second car... But no funds for that. :/

I want to get a 2door version of this camry 5speed and do a performance build on thar..thing is, I cant have two projects witg no DD.

So maybr, get my 2dr... Then drive it while I do my audio buold. Then when im done with that, use it asmy DD temporarily untill I finish my coupe. Then switch off... Hmm, thatcould work. ;)

Now that sounds like a plan.

Trust me, my truck hates me for all the shit I have in it. It drives like crap, squeaks, and stuff is constantly falling off or just breaking all together.

Your wagon will die a quick and painful death I can promise you that. 2 18" zcons on 6k will POUND. When I went from 15" xcons to 18" xcons that difference was VERY noticeable. I think you would be very happy with half what you originally wanted.

I am in the same boat and I will be getting a second car come first of the year. I just hope I can stay the course and put a modest SQ system in there as far as audio. Last thing I need is two piece of shit cars. lol

OT, but why do you want to do a performance build on a Camry? I'm just curious as there are many other candidates with more performance per $

OT, but why do you want to do a performance build on a Camry? I'm just curious as there are many other candidates with more performance per $

I was waitingforsomeone to ask that. Haha. The engine in the 94-96 camry is a 1MZ-FE 3.0 v6. TRD made a bolt on Supercharger. Megan makes an amazing exhaust for it. And OBX makes a nice header system. BC

coilovers. TRD or Whiteline rear swaybar... Ljst goes on and on. And its SUCH an easy car to work on. Wheni get home, iwill posta link of this body camry making 700+hp. :woot:

I was waitingforsomeone to ask that. Haha. The engine in the 94-96 camry is a 1MZ-FE 3.0 v6. TRD made a bolt on Supercharger. Megan makes an amazing exhaust for it. And OBX makes a nice header system. BC

coilovers. TRD or Whiteline rear swaybar... Ljst goes on and on. And its SUCH an easy car to work on. Wheni get home, iwill posta link of this body camry making 700+hp. :woot:

I'm familiar with that engine. It was the FWD that threw me off. It sounds like you've got a plan together though. I'd be interested in seeing it come together if you get one.

Notif... When. Haha. Andim going all out on this. Ill probly end up converting it to RWD with lsd. :) bur that will be wayyyyyyy down thw road. Lol

I may do a 91ish Supra instead. ONLY other choice fir me. :)

I love MKIII's. Sorry to get this off topic btw.