Sign in to follow this  
bhsdriller

First comp. with the XCON's

I compete in MECA and went to my first comp. today with the xcon's. Did my personal best of a 151.1@40hz

Also did a 127.6 in park and pound....mic outside the vehicle 6 feet away. These subs not only sound awesome but can get pretty loud too. Did 3 p&p runs back to back (30seconds full tilt) and the subs handled it fine, didn't get warm or smelly

setup is 2 15" xcons's on a crescendo 3500

nice... any vids buddy??? or pics???

yeah a teammate got some vids...I'll post them when he uploads them. Here's the only pic I have

When I had a sundown 3k

003.jpg

Congrats on the score.

Wow. congrats on the score. love the way the XCONS sound. i got to hear marks brothers truck and it was very very impressive. gotta love SSA subs!

Thanks guys...thinkin I could tweak some things and gain a little bit

Pure daily box too, 7@32hz. My trucks getting destroyed when I play lows lol

Thats a really good score. I was able to get a 149.9 in meca with a 7cu/ft 30hz box. I think x-cons are way underestimated by alot of people. They sure as heck sound amazingly good doing it too.

Nice score buddy! :drink40: That's good enough to win at most shows around here, are you competing in M4 and DB4?

Nice score buddy! :drink40: That's good enough to win at most shows around here, are you competing in M4 and DB4?

street3 and db3

150amp fuse with the crescendo wired to .5

I see, I wasn't sure if you were able to run in a street class with that box. Have you gone through many 150a fuses? I will be running S3 next season using a pair of 15s and 160 amps of fusing, looks like I'm gonna have to step up my game. Competition around here isn't as tough as it is further north, I'm just hoping to make it to finals and learn some more. Unless I fall into some big money anyway :lol2:

actually I don't go through fuses at all. It's an Audiopipe...150 stamped on it of course. idk man but this fuse is lucky or something, hasn't popped yet

Box is in an extended cab truck and it's barely below the window line

I couldn't tell from the pic, looked like it might have been above it. I'll be using an SUV so I can go a bit above the window but have to stay below the seat.

Thanks guys...thinkin I could tweak some things and gain a little bit

Pure daily box too, 7@32hz. My trucks getting destroyed when I play lows lol

Have you started bracing and deadening the truck yet?

Layers are not going to do much, don't listen to the fools who are pushing their product with the more is better ideal. There is a point where you need to physically brace the panels.

Stripper poles!