What's Cookin?!

MMM... Ribeye Salt and pepper and a hot grill = perfect at medium rare

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

Looks dark, but that's just my shitty IPhone camera

:wub: :wub:

and yes, i should have let it sit for a bit.. but i was hungry :P

you didnt show me the center....

i have been hitting outback hard for the last 2 months.. crab and 6 oz for 13.99 cant beat it!!!

i offten do a 12 min t bone and i BBQ chicken almost everyday.

you didnt show me the center....

i have been hitting outback hard for the last 2 months.. crab and 6 oz for 13.99 cant beat it!!!

i offten do a 12 min t bone and i BBQ chicken almost everyday.

Haha i knew i forgot something! but reddish center fading to a lighter pink.. hmmm

Looks good.

I had Olive Garden

I like the Hank Hill icon haha

Last night was $15 Lobster night at Lord Fletchers. Boated over and chowed. No pics of course as I was there before the thread :P

but reddish center fading to a lighter pink.. hmmm

And that is medium well. Looks like you used too much heat too. Sear, then decrease the heat for cooking.

Pepper before cooking? I was always taught to put pepper on afterwords. Then again I know next to nothing about cooking

Pepper before cooking? I was always taught to put pepper on afterwords. Then again I know next to nothing about cooking

You were taught wrong. Proper technique is for the chef to season and if you want to adjust afterwards, by all means.

where the turkey burgers at guys???

Last night was $15 Lobster night at Lord Fletchers. Boated over and chowed. No pics of course as I was there before the thread :P

And that is medium well. Looks like you used too much heat too. Sear, then decrease the heat for cooking.

When does LF do cheap lobsters? Jelly here.

I didn't eat since lunch. Chinese buffet.

I wouldn't call it medium well at all, probably a little more done than medium rare.

I did about 4/5 mins on both sides.

It was about the best steak i've had in awhile. Awesome marbling and a good price of a steak.

Lighter pink = medium well. You gave the decription I just translated to culinary standards

LF has $15 lobsters every Wednesday :) usually on fridays in the winter tho

You were taught wrong. Proper technique is for the chef to season and if you want to adjust afterwards, by all means.

hmmm I was under the impression that when pepper got to cooking temperatures it turned gave off bitter flavors, but like I said I'm no cook. I'll try it your way next time :)

tonite was steaks on the grill (medium to med. well) with potatos, corn, and baked beans !!! :fing34:

hmmm I was under the impression that when pepper got to cooking temperatures it turned gave off bitter flavors, but like I said I'm no cook. I'll try it your way next time :)

Well some peppers burn which can give you "bitter" flavors, but that isn't the case here.

tonite was steaks on the grill (medium to med. well) with potatos, corn, and baked beans !!! :fing34:

I feel sad everytime I hear of red meat being cooked beyond medium rare. Very sad.

Agreed, red meat must be enjoyed red.

Lighter pink = medium well. You gave the decription I just translated to culinary standards

He did say red center fading to pink, which sounds like medium to me. Unless this is considered medium?

steak_medium_rare.jpg

I've always associated medium with a bright pink center throughout or a tiny red center fading to bright pink, as mentioned above. Something like this

mediumrare.jpg

I've always associated medium with a bright pink center throughout or a tiny red center fading to bright pink, as mentioned above. Something like this

mediumrare.jpg

mine was a little more pink but pretty much spot on!

On the subject of steak...i'm anal as hell about how my meat is prepared.

By 'definition' you shouldn't have to marinade your steak, but I found that using Dale's sauce is freaking amazing. Just flop the steak right in the sauce on a plate.

41H8FMJC0PL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

The key to cooking a good steak is sitting it out on the counter for 3 hours and letting it get to room temperature while marinating in Dale's before you throw it on the hot grill. It cooks evenly, and the juices flow like butta.

62911_661573364823_31207891_37266768_7877400_n.jpg

I've got a grand total of 5.80 cents in that meal with a 10 ounce filet and salad etc. Food saving meats when they are on sale and buying in bulk is the way to roll.

Im going to have to give Dale's a try, usually I go with some Worcestershire Sauce. Having meat markets in the neighborhood are a plus, definitely buy in bulk.

you have to put beer on the steak! Or else it dont taste good!

He did say red center fading to pink, which sounds like medium to me. Unless this is considered medium?

steak_medium_rare.jpg

Two problems with that statement. First is if there is Gray and Light Pink in the steak is it Well or Medium Well? Second is that should NEVER happen and only means a lack of temperature control, not enough time letting it come to room temperature and a bad rest. The outside should be nice a charred the inside consistent.

And yes, if there is a transition you do not label the way the steak was cooked by its center. So medium well it is if its lighter pink.