Nut rider indeed, the JL is an order of magnitude better driver. In comparison the Skar is a joke.

you know whats a joke jl audio subs i seen so many w6/w7s blow. i blew 2 12w6v2s on a jl 1000.1 now thats joke when i can give my lil 180 dollar sub 1k and it takes it like a nothing but it guess thats a joke

Lol thats too funny because i had a 13w6v2 running off my jl 1000 and it held up just fine. the w6 and w7 series are great subwoofers and have amazing sound quality, its just the price that is a little silly, I dont think a skar would ever compare to a w6's sound quality or a w7's output if that, no offense to Skar, there just two different catagories

Nut rider indeed, the JL is an order of magnitude better driver. In comparison the Skar is a joke.

you know whats a joke jl audio subs i seen so many w6/w7s blow. i blew 2 12w6v2s on a jl 1000.1 now thats joke when i can give my lil 180 dollar sub 1k and it takes it like a nothing but it guess thats a joke

Lol thats too funny because i had a 13w6v2 running off my jl 1000 and it held up just fine. the w6 and w7 series are great subwoofers and have amazing sound quality, its just the price that is a little silly, I dont think a skar would ever compare to a w6's sound quality or a w7's output if that, no offense to Skar, there just two different catagories

they sound good and thats it a vvx12 will take more power than a w6 anyday and i would hope a w7 would take more power than a 180 dollar sub.

they sound good and thats it a vvx12 will take more power than a w6 anyday and i would hope a w7 would take more power than a 180 dollar sub.

Never said the w6 doesnt get loud because it does, i said its more sound quality then the skar, never talked about its output, which i might add is actually pretty damn impressive, w7 would tear up a skar in all aspects

damn what the point of the argument? he just said he liked the skars more than the w6's he had. he didn't even say they where better he just said HE liked them better. not everybody likes the sound of pure sq. some people like to actually know there is a sub back there, want a slightly peaky response, ect.

Never said the w6 doesnt get loud because it does, i said its more sound quality then the skar, never talked about its output, which i might add is actually pretty damn impressive, w7 would tear up a skar in all aspects

i bet the skar can get louder than a w7

Sweet, way to show your knowledge. Let's praise a sub solely based on its power handling. Now THAT makes sense.

Sound good is subjective and you've proved you fail there so I'll ignore that part of the sentence.

damn what the point of the argument? he just said he liked the skars more than the w6's he had. he didn't even say they where better he just said HE liked them better. not everybody likes the sound of pure sq. some people like to actually know there is a sub back there, want a slightly peaky response, ect.

It isn't about what he likes, that was just funny and showed his inexperience. The responses are due to this absurd comment.

As that is 100% user error.

my error that a sub cant handle the power and cost that much money is a joke just like you .i think you need to get a life buddy 47k+ post thats doing a lil to much stay off the forums bro take a break you need it if you still think that pos jl audio w6 can take the skar out

Edited by 97T5WAGON

sorry VarinaBassing for messing up your topic with this bs if you like the subs than fuck it man thats all that matters good luck bro

my error that a sub cant handle the power and cost that much money is a joke just like you .i think you need to get a life buddy 47k+ post thats doing a lil to much stay off the forums bro take a break you need it if you still think that pos jl audio w6 can take the skar out

Ahhhhh, butt hurt? Can't take the fact that you were confused enough to blow a great sub and had to buy a budget replacement. That JL is a great sub, the Skar a budget piece I'd never own. I understand you think differently, but you also have operation issues with subs anyways so I'd encourage the OP to just ignore your opinion.

Ahhhhh, butt hurt? Can't take the fact that you were confused enough to blow a great sub and had to buy a budget replacement. That JL is a great sub, the Skar a budget piece I'd never own. I understand you think differently, but you also have operation issues with subs anyways so I'd encourage the OP to just ignore your opinion.

i have had many subs and the w6/w7 subs sounded good but they cant take power im not the only person that has blown these subs off clean power. why do u hate on skar because it can take more power get louder and sound good doing it for way less money. if jl subs cost 150-200 than it would be a great sub but they cost way to much for an ok sub there are alot of better subs out there for the money now this is not 2003 its 2011 new and better shit out there deal with it

Nutrider use sentences. Periods and commas are your friend.

BWAHAHAHA, that is all.

BWAHAHAHA, that is all.

Always get a good laugh when logged on the forum!!

BWAHAHAHA, that is all.

Always get a good laugh when logged on the forum!!

thats why i love the forum

i have had many subs and the w6/w7 subs sounded good but they cant take power im not the only person that has blown these subs off clean power. why do u hate on skar because it can take more power get louder and sound good doing it for way less money. if jl subs cost 150-200 than it would be a great sub but they cost way to much for an ok sub there are alot of better subs out there for the money now this is not 2003 its 2011 new and better shit out there deal with it

Rofl. Take power is a who gives a shit spec. It means nothing. Sound good is subjective and your hearing obviously sucks, of course if it didn't you wouldn't have so many issues, and get louder is just plain laughable. If you buy a w6 for the sole purpose of getting loud you bought the wrong sub. I'd actually agree that for the money (comparing msrp) there are better subs than the JL, I just wouldn't put the Skar into that category.

Rofl. Take power is a who gives a shit spec. It means nothing. Sound good is subjective and your hearing obviously sucks, of course if it didn't you wouldn't have so many issues, and get louder is just plain laughable. If you buy a w6 for the sole purpose of getting loud you bought the wrong sub. I'd actually agree that for the money (comparing msrp) there are better subs than the JL, I just wouldn't put the Skar into that category.

well i do i know few people that sold there w6's for skar's after they checked out my setup. my hearing sucks lol i think you should do a pucking sound test with both subs and make a vid and see what every 1 thinks

What does post count have to do with anything? You ruined a pretty nice sub because you don't know what you're doing. End of story.

By the way, it's not hard to rack up a lot of posts if you've been here a long time and know a great deal about audio.

There's no need for that.

well i do i know few people that sold there w6's for skar's after they checked out my setup. my hearing sucks lol i think you should do a pucking sound test with both subs and make a vid and see what every 1 thinks

Make a vid, man you are full of "useful" ideas. As for sound test that is laughable. You misled others, hope you feel good about it. :(

fuck this bs me and a shit load of other people out there no jl audio subs are over rated and over priced subs

Overrated and overpriced are opinions. Some of the top guys in the world use JL Audio drivers when they could be using any brand they wanted. I don't think Skar has made it into any vehicles competing at the highest level.

Overrated and overpriced are opinions. Some of the top guys in the world use JL Audio drivers when they could be using any brand they wanted. I don't think Skar has made it into any vehicles competing at the highest level.

never said skar was the best. i own other subs than skar i was just telling the op that i liked my skars more than w6's

not you to man i thought you was cool

I have no problem with you. This skar thing is getting rediculous. Good entry level subwoofers. That's it.

I have no problem with you. This skar thing is getting rediculous. Good entry level subwoofers. That's it.

not you to man i thought you was cool

Your not cool Sean! Lol