imnottrippin

99 Blazer-Sundown build

my build log from beginning until now...

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

0 gauge runs(running negative from front soon)

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

box "finished" before modification...

IMG_0729.jpg

box modification. added more to main chamber and flared the vent more

IMG_0731.jpg

smoother = cleaner...

IMG_0947.jpg

box finished. rhinolined and installed.

IMG_0557.jpg

amp rack

IMG_0697.jpg

amp rack finished and installed. looks lonely waiting on the other 1500... still knocked 146 sealed on music

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

twin monsters. so impressed by these amps.

IMG_0884.jpg

pioneer avh-p5300dvd with sundown logo

IMG_0952.jpg

yellow top(i just added a kinetik (i think im going to go with xs instead)

IMG_0905.jpg

200 amp alt., big 3 0 gauge

IMG_0726.jpg

temp monitor for the amps

IMG_0871.jpg

more than a little expanding foam. 14 cans so far...

IMG_0872-1.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

broke my rear roof welds...

IMG_0946-1.jpg

removed the factory badges and pinstripe. looks so much cleaner.

Welcome to SSA.

The build looks good homie. I love filling body panels with foam.:doit:

i wouldn't of sealed that vent, but that's just me. looks good though.

Oh Yeah!!!!

Nice box.

What subs are those ?

Good score too !

They look like SA-15s to me.

Nice setup by the way, how are you liking the subs? Whatcha got those 1500s wired to?

i didnt seal the vent. i flared it out more.

Nice build. Got any videos?

thanks i have a vid but its not very good and it was with only 1 amp. im waiting on a recone kit (i guess 3500 rms is a little excessive for 600 watt rated subs) then i'll post one. its a beast...

Nice box.

What subs are those ?

Good score too !

They look like SA-15s to me.

Nice setup by the way, how are you liking the subs? Whatcha got those 1500s wired to?

i love the sa-15's, but i blew one showing off... i knew better. they took alot to blow though. alot. best subs ive ever had.

wired to? power wise up front i have a duralast heavy duty(its next to get upgraded) and in the back i have a yellow top optima and a kinetik hc800 in the back all running off a 200 amp alternator. if thats what you meant.

I was wondering about nominal impedance, sorry I should have been more specific. Whereabouts in Oklahoma are you? There was a show in Tulsa today, it would have been nice to see more folks show up.

I was wondering about nominal impedance, sorry I should have been more specific. Whereabouts in Oklahoma are you? There was a show in Tulsa today, it would have been nice to see more folks show up.

im in tulsa, i was going to try to make that one at car toys today but i have to recone one of them. but, i figure i should do both so i dont have one weaker than the other. do you go to alot of them? im going to start going often. what kind of serious competitors are there around here?

i have it wired @ 1ohm strapped, by the way. its impressive.

Edited by imnottrippin

Sadly, there were very few people there and everyone ended up with 1st place since no two people were in the same class. We did not do very well since the amp we've been using has one foot in the grave. There is another show on Sept. 11th in Bixby. 100% of the proceeds from that show will be donated to a good cause. I will be there for sure and hopefully, we'll be bringing at least 2 cars. If I can get an enclosure whipped up for this pair of SA-15s I've had stacked here for 8 months or so, I will be shooting for a new state record at that event.

Sadly, there were very few people there and everyone ended up with 1st place since no two people were in the same class. We did not do very well since the amp we've been using has one foot in the grave. There is another show on Sept. 11th in Bixby. 100% of the proceeds from that show will be donated to a good cause. I will be there for sure and hopefully, we'll be bringing at least 2 cars. If I can get an enclosure whipped up for this pair of SA-15s I've had stacked here for 8 months or so, I will be shooting for a new state record at that event.

i need to buy some 15's if you want to sell some. cash money right now. im doing bad until i can recone these.

ill definately make it to that show

MORE PICS!!!

Video

Holy crap I see my sundown wallpaper on your HU! And the other day I saw it in someones sig on another forum. I never realized how much people liked the wallpaper, maybe I should make more!

Not the port, this vent.

IMG_0933.jpg

Not the port, this vent.

IMG_0933.jpg

oh, because it flapped and rattled and sounded like shit. plus it let air escape and i need that tight seal.

Holy crap I see my sundown wallpaper on your HU! And the other day I saw it in someones sig on another forum. I never realized how much people liked the wallpaper, maybe I should make more!

yeah i meant to holler at you the other day. it looked so good i had to logo poach it. nice work, it looks killer at night. you should make a blue electric lookin one if you ever get bored... nice work

well, i smoked one of the subs and shattered the triple joint on the other...

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

while i had the box out i decided to run my grounds directly to the frame and add some truckbed liner under the carpet for extra sound deadening. i figured it cant hurt.

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

mounted the kinetik a little better. i didnt get a pic of it finished though

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

got the recone kit. thanks jacob

IMG_1037.jpg

while the glue was drying i decided to try to put the box in upright. it was a huge pain in the ass. i should have removed the panels first but i was too far in to it by the time i figured that out. keep in mind that i do all of this by myself in a tiny garage...

IMG_1057.jpg

it fit, barely. i had to drop my shoulder in to it and kick the hell out of it though

IMG_1072.jpg

all in. it slams... hard.

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1139.png

2 saz-1500'd.v2s strapped @ 1ohm on 2 sa-15s. at 35hz...

5,387.2 watts clamped(meter doesn't have peak hold so i had to record it). fuck yeah.

a little progress

ive swapped batteries twice in a month. the kinetiks are keeping up alot better than the yellow tops

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1251-1.jpg

decided to enter the meca state finals. it was fun, the meca classification is ridiculous though.

IMG_1207-1.jpg

1st place for loudest and 1st for spl (division m5)

IMG_1232.jpg

147-48 at the headrest wasnt enough.(it was 149-50 legal sealed)

so i made some adjustments...

IMG_1253.jpg

as of yesterday...

IMG_1322-1.jpg

box turned out good. im still working on it. its just under 12 cubes tuned to 34hz.

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1339-1.jpg

unstrapped the amps and put 1 per pair @ 1ohm. now its out of line. so loud, its abusive. real clean too.

integraded the bass knobs since i have to have 2 now... and voltage display alot better.

IMG_1358-1.jpg

i'll be in the garage...

5,000+ watts!!! Thats tons of power for sa's!!

148's on the headrest isnt too bad either. Good looking build man.