Sup guys quick question,

What do you think would be the best amp to accommodate a sundown audio sa8.

The sub would be in a ported enclosure around .8 cubic ft tuned about 31-32 hz.

I want use for daily driver not spl. I know it's rated at 400rms but do you guys think it can handle more? For amps I like rf kicker jl I've owned all three, never had problems. It's just very hard to choose the correct amp. Usually I have the same brand for both sub and aml but sundown doesn't have a amp around 400rms (at least not in my price range)

I mean I wouldn't wanna spend the extra dollars for something like sae1000. Sure there will be headroom but I don't plan on upgrading this is going in my sentra for driving to work and school. my electrical is ready for whatever I throw at it. My voltage is steady 15.6 (without any audio setup)

Thanks guys I'm researching as well but personally idk what to pick.

Oh and budget I want no more than $200? Sounds reasonable

If you want to keep them the same you can use the SAX 125.2

http://www.soundsolu...%252d125.2.html

I was always a guy who uses only monoblocks for subs, totally forgot about sundowns other amps! This looks like the right fit, 400rms at 4ohms can't get any better than that! And $250, reasonable..

If you want to keep them the same you can use the SAX 125.2

http://www.soundsolu...%252d125.2.html

I was always a guy who uses only monoblocks for subs, totally forgot about sundowns other amps! This looks like the right fit, 400rms at 4ohms can't get any better than that! And $250, reasonable..

Is the Sub Dual 4 or 2?

I haven't purchased the sub yet. But I think I'll go with dual 2.

Will you ever add another?

You could always purchase an SAX-1200D from db-r.com .... $220 skillets...

Nope I only want one. And whoa! That's a good price for the sax 1200! Although it says b stock? Can I trust them?

Nope I only want one. And whoa! That's a good price for the sax 1200! Although it says b stock? Can I trust them?

Here is a thread on Dbr Customer Service

you can trust them. i bought my saz1500 from them. nothing wrong with the amp. grrreat customer service too, they actually want to help you lol.

My vote would be for the sax125.2. I run one for my front stage and one for my substage. They are very nice amps.

I think a 2 channel like the ones Ohjay and Bromo posted are a good idea. B-Stock means that the amps have cosmetic defects, but are perfectly functional. Just want to be sure you understand that.

My B-stock amps from Chris are in great shape, they are only B-stock because they aren't perfect. Neither of the two I received have any scratches other than the mounting feet and bottom cover.

I got a Rockford Fosgate R500.1 for my sa-8 it puts out 500 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohms and the sub takes it all day long with know problems you can find the amp on ebay for $140 with free shiping thes set up is nice but dont put the amp under a seat or it might overheat

Edited by spljim

Oh well dang im glad you guys showed me that site ive never heard of db r till now. After I get permission from my dad ill hopefully get that sundown 125.2. I am still thinking whether I should take my sa8 out of my home setup or buy another one lol

Nick is rebuilding them and selling them for cheaps.

I like the sundown 100.2 on dbr especially the price. Is that stable 1 ohm?

No, it's not, it will do 400 x1 at 4 ohms bridged though.

How about 8 ohms? If possible how many watts?

That would be a question for Jacob or Brandon.

is it bad to wire a dual 4 ohm sub parallel on a 2 channel amp? if the amp IS two ohm stable it shouldnt be a problem right?