MikeMartel

Local Audio Shop Rant

Well, i was trying to talk to the 'new guy' at my local audio shop. And we started talking about what we had, and i was telling him i was trying to sell my Type X's to get a Fi Q. Supsrisingly he has actually heard of Fi, but he was very closed minded towards them. ANYWAYS, he ended up telling me he had four Type R's 12" in a ported box, in an Impala like mine! So, i went out to get a demo. Pretty loud i guess, but he was trying to tell me he has hit 154db. Considering that his box looked fairly small for 4 12's i doubted it. I guess im just rattled that people like that can get a job but when i apply i dont even get an interview. >.>

I feel your pain bro...

It's hard to deal with most shops in the first place, let alone some of the absolute idiot's that work in them or hang out there all the time. There's a lot of people who only deal with brands that are very well known for any reason you can think of from just not knowing any better or even that they don't feel comfortable taking a chance on something that they either have never heard of or cannot get any direct experience with. It's super common and there's not much we can do about it but continue to try and teach the masses.

if he could even break a 150, he would have let you get in it and feel the pressure...

154 hahahahaha.

The Type Rs have been proven to get loud, and they are more than capable in comparison to many internet companies' offerings. Why the doubt? Why does everyone always talk shit or doubt something they've never experienced. Too many "experts." You could be just as wrong about his Type Rs as you think he is about Fi.

I never said there was anything wrong with them at all. I personally like Alpine. And i did get a demo, but sadly iv never really heard any other systems. It definitely didnt sound like 154. But he told me his amps werent even turned up all the way? Idk sounded like an excuse to me. and Tire i understand what your saying and i dont think im any better than liking these not as well known brands, he was just very closed minded and ignorant.

Anyways, whether im right or wrong i just needed to rant for the sake of letting it out.

lol, why does everybody say that?

My amps aren't even turned up all the way....

tell him to turn it all the way up for :morepower1: and smoke

Hey said "My amps are only at like 20%" I was thinking that made no sense. And when he turned it up, i felt a little pressure.. But it didnt even seem that loud.. idk.

the mid 140s is when you start feeling it putting decent pressure on your ears.. then the higher you go, it starts to focus on your head and your breathing, hehe.

when your nose tickles is that like 1 million dbs?

Well ill ask him for his demo with FULL AMPS :morepower1: Ill see if it affects my breathing ;)

The Type Rs have been proven to get loud, and they are more than capable in comparison to many internet companies' offerings. Why the doubt? Why does everyone always talk shit or doubt something they've never experienced. Too many "experts." You could be just as wrong about his Type Rs as you think he is about Fi.

I agree with this statement ... :drink40:

Also when it gets that loud it effects your vision I find, my eyeballs feel the pressure lol. If someone's hitting 154 I really doubt there will be any question when u hear if/feel it, it will be loud as fawk

Well, i was trying to talk to the 'new guy' at my local audio shop. And we started talking about what we had, and i was telling him i was trying to sell my Type X's to get a Fi Q. Supsrisingly he has actually heard of Fi, but he was very closed minded towards them. ANYWAYS, he ended up telling me he had four Type R's 12" in a ported box, in an Impala like mine! So, i went out to get a demo. Pretty loud i guess, but he was trying to tell me he has hit 154db. Considering that his box looked fairly small for 4 12's i doubted it. I guess im just rattled that people like that can get a job but when i apply i dont even get an interview. >.>

Did you call bullshit and ask him to show some proof that he hit 154?

What was he playing when he gave you a demo? A sine wave or on music?

:)

At mid 150's your body is being physically raped, it is painful.

He played... dubstep. lol And yes, my body was no where near being raped so. I call bs.

WAIT!

I thought everyone bought 80% more amp then they need so they could turn it down to hit that 20% sweet spot. No?

Anything hitting over 150 you will know it.

Mike in terms of work, you need to learn to lie, cheat, steal and have no qualms about steadily stabbing people in the back to get ahead. Or start your own business.