Brett_the_Vandal

Component speakers

Okay guys. I'm lookin into gettin a nice set of components for my front stage. I've heard that the IA comps dont get very loud unless amped. I dont want to get an amp for it. I'm lookin into crescendo. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. It'll be going into my Ranger for the build.

thanks guys

What makes the Crescendo so much better off HU power vs the Incriminator Audio?

Why not buy an amplifier to run your front stage?

I've just read that the Incriminator speakers don't do so great off HU only. And I've heard that the Crescendo speakers do great with out an amp. And i just dont wanna deal with installing a speaker amp in my truck. pain in my ass i dont wanna deal with right now. lol.

I've considered co-axials. But I wanna get comps in case i change my mind later and grow the balls to put in a speaker amp. But i'd like them to be decent loud on just the HU til then.

Just because you hear something from one guy doesn't mean its going to be the same situation in your vehicle. Just get a cheap ~100.2 amp. Will make the world of difference. :morepower1:

I would rather have the IA over the Crescendo comps anyday! More design and egineering done on the IA imo. Plus IA and SSA have a great sale going on!

Bravox is a great buy if anything left in the SSA Store.

wtferk? did they go outta buisness or what

Not distributing is USA anymore. That's why SSA had such good pricing on them; to sell them out and be done with them.

Can usually find some bravox for sale in the classifieds section. Check these out

Can't beat the price of the new IA comps and they look amazing!

Actually I'm ordering a pair next week for my cousins build!

Yea they are pretty awesome I'm scared to throw to much power at them idk what they can really handle.

Dude if you are going to be running off your H/U then just get whatever. You will start to hear the difference in quality when you amp em.

I'm looking for a good set of speakers. that will take amp well. If, and when, i decide to amp my speakers. I dont just want "whatever". I'm still deciding. We'll see what i order this friday. lol.

Two different goals. Ones for an amp and ones that are optimized for without. Either plan the amp and do it or plan to not.

M5 i wish making decisions was as easy as you make it sound... :suicide-santa:

Id like to amp. But if i amp. then i have to spend the money on an amp. money i dont have.

And if I go no amp. then i'll get speakers optimized for no amp. and later i'll probably have to get new for the amp. Ughhh. decisions. I'll probably be ordering speakers on saturday. Even though i still havent made a decision yet. :ughdunno:

All speakers sound better amped, IMHO. I'd look for a cheap used amp on criegs (sp?) list. Just make sure that the person selling it can demo it so you know it works.

if you're looking to amp them in the future, theres an ignorant amount of options in your price point.

if you want something built to perform at full capacity off head unit power, look into the hertz diecis. DSK-165 is most likely what you will want. great price point, great company to work with if you run into problems, and they'll sound better than 99% of comparable speakers.

M5 i wish making decisions was as easy as you make it sound... :suicide-santa:

Id like to amp. But if i amp. then i have to spend the money on an amp. money i dont have.

And if I go no amp. then i'll get speakers optimized for no amp. and later i'll probably have to get new for the amp. Ughhh. decisions. I'll probably be ordering speakers on saturday. Even though i still havent made a decision yet. :ughdunno:

Didn't say you had to buy the amp now, but you have to decide if you are going to in the future.

One other option for you. Buy an amp now and do the deadening on your current speakers. It will be a HUGE sound improvement potentially even more of a difference than replacing your drivers with ones that need power when you don't have it and it will prepare you for the day when you have the dough to buy the drivers.

IA components are $120, sundown 125.2 is $205. Perfect match