swagger_wagon468

box build for 15" dcon. :)

Thanks. Yea, he said I will eventually move to the shop portion of it.

I know $350 is not much for someone with rent, utilities etc... but my only bills as of now are car insureance ,health insurance and phone. Less than one week will take care of those.

So I should be starting my audio build at the end of the year or EARLY next year. :)

Box is sick man.... and that shop is just a box builders dream

Nother thing, u know u can't have all these pics and no videos right....haha

Ensure you get the tackiest you can. Spray both sides and let it tack up

Any pointers on wrapping the box? Glue and staples work ok? Or no staples?

Paint!!!!!!!!!

Turned out great Homie.

Box is sick man.... and that shop is just a box builders dream

Nother thing, u know u can't have all these pics and no videos right....haha

Lol. Yup, its an amazing shop!

And vids tomorrow!!! :)

Ensure you get the tackiest you can. Spray both sides and let it tack up

Thanks man.

Any pointers on wrapping the box? Glue and staples work ok? Or no staples?

Paint!!!!!!!!!

Turned out great Homie.

Thanks! I would do paint... but there's to many screw holes to fill with putty. If this was permanent, then I would. But its just temporary.

I'm not sure what adhesive your specifically using, but dap weld contact cement would definitely work. They make it in a commercial spray version or in a can.

If you use a can and dab it on, be light with it so it doesn't seep through.

I've had good luck using 3m 77 spray adhesive for small stuff, but I only used it to hold material for an hour or so while the resin cured. :ughdunno:

box looks great man... !!! :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

I'm not sure what adhesive your specifically using, but dap weld contact cement would definitely work. They make it in a commercial spray version or in a can.

I've had good luck using 3m 77 spray adhesive for small stuff, but I only used it to hold material for an hour or so while the resin cured. :ughdunno:

Thanks. I actually think I may paint it black and do like a splatter paint on it. I think it would look pretty cool.

Thanks Danny!

I used Titebond spray adhesive the medium and it came off when it got hot in my car.. like i said look for the toughest stuff possible spray both sides, let it sit for about 20 seconds then push on with pressure.

^^^ This, he speaks the truth. Any good contact cement like this stuff will more or less permanently bond it. While you want the application light enough it doesn't seep through, it needs to still be enough to get a good bond. I've used it many times over the years and never had a problem, unless I tried to remove the carpet, fabric, or whatever I had glued. Then there was an issue, lol.

Thanks. I actually think I may paint it black and do like a splatter paint on it. I think it would look pretty cool.

Thanks Danny!

If you decide to paint it, grab some body filler and fill all the screw holes, won't take very long. Lightly sand. Then paint away. You could also do a bed liner type coat (I've seen some boxes with this and they looked pretty damn sweet).

Like this:

img2434j.jpg

I did bedlinen on my xcon box. So I wanna try something different. :)

As long as you don't do fuzzy green shit like some people from FL did....

I did bedlinen on my xcon box. So I wanna try something different. :)

As long as you don't do fuzzy green shit like some people from FL did....

And whats wrong with fuzzy green stuff :peepwall:

Haha. Thanks guys.

I went to the interview ans got the job!

Ill be working at Sunoco full service gas station. Ill ne pumping gas, checking oil, and tire pressure.

And ill ne making $350/week after taxes! Not too shabby for me. ;) my build will come alot sooner now. :D

Vids of the DCON tomorrow! Im gonna wait to carpet it. Until I get it playing how I want it.

Im VERY impressed by the DCON.

I missed this... Congrats on the job bro!!! Now you can actually have some monies for more of this :attempt: ...

That box looks awesome!! Thats exactly how I braced mine and I have zero flex. That will be a badass box for about any 15 if you ever want to throw some real power to it!