kballenger

Your Thoughts on a Daily Sub

I have narrowed my search to a 12 sub to the either a single FI SSD or a Sundown SA 12. I plan on using a ZX 1000 at a 2ohm load in the back of a suburban. if you were in my shoes and needed a 12 sub to run in a sealed inclosure and had about 300.00 to spend on a sub which would you chose and why.

Feel free to suggest other brands.

thanks

personally, i have never had either sub (fi ssd, or sa) but from the reviews i have read, and videos i have seen, the sa 12 is one bad ass sub. i want to do a wall in my truck with 2 sa 15's in the future. the sa subs can take one hell of a beating without blowing...

as for the fi, im not sure. Fi is a very well known and respected brand. i had a fi btl 18 and it was AMAZING! but like i said, iv never had a ssd :/

Hope this helps a bit. im sure whichever sub you choose, u will be happy. both are great subs

You have room. Run the sub ported. It may be better for such a big car.

Both are very good sub.

Good luck.

if its for a burben do a port back sub up, so you can use all the space possible but not make blemishes on the sub. idk wtf you are hauling around you need all the room in a burben for? dead bodies?

if its for a burben do a port back sub up, so you can use all the space possible but not make blemishes on the sub. idk wtf you are hauling around you need all the room in a burben for? dead bodies?

can't forget hookers.

The SSD is rated at 1000wrms now so it will take that kicker like a champ. Both are badass subs, but you could get 2 SA 12's for about 300. If the sale is still going on

can't forget hookers.

yes... dead hookers...

And if you're gonna do one 12" woofer go ported ...

Other than 5 five kids - got tired of seeing lifted pickups and wanted something different.

The SSD is rated at 1000wrms now so it will take that kicker like a champ. Both are badass subs, but you could get 2 SA 12's for about 300. If the sale is still going on

yea. kinda what i was thinking about running 2 SA 12's

I think just for your budget SA-12's FTW lol, and I think you will be happy with 2 12's. I miss having 2 12's

I think just for your budget SA-12's FTW lol, and I think you will be happy with 2 12's. I miss having 2 12's

when i was younger i had 2 MTX Blue Thunders running off a Rockford amp, with out a doubt on of the best systems i ever had. I switched to 2 Rockfrord pro series 12's and swear the MTX hit harder.

I used to have 2 type r's. Even though my BL is louder I don't think it would be louder than better 12 inch subs like SA 12's or dc lvl 3's or 4's

Gonna order 2 SA 12's on Monday and hope for the best, i do like the looks of the FI but for the money i dont think i can go wrong.

Edited by 91burb

i have 2 sa-12's on a 1500d and they are awesome. i got them tuned at like 28 on a 4.5 cubed box in a cavalier. go check out sundown audios forum and read some posts on sa-12's, they are an awesome sub and can handle a beating.

i have 2 sa-12's on a 1500d and they are awesome. i got them tuned at like 28 on a 4.5 cubed box in a cavalier. go check out sundown audios forum and read some posts on sa-12's, they are an awesome sub and can handle a beating.

thanks, i have been researching alot and bit the bullet and purchased 2 on the 10th

You will be extremely happy, as with all the other sundown customers out there :woot:

Fi FTW, go with an American sub

Went with Sundown SA 12's. it was a money thing, i could get 1 Fi SSD or 2 sundowns........ So it wasnt easy but did it.

Sundown is an American Based Company so his money stays in the good ol' USA!

American HQ ya...but none of their products are made here, money goes to china for them to make the stuff. Sundown is a great company and makes great products just not a fan of china

American HQ ya...but none of their products are made here, money goes to china for them to make the stuff. Sundown is a great company and makes great products just not a fan of china

Eh...as far as Car Audio or everything? Cuz no sub is truly 100% made in the US, and most of the stuff you come into contact with in your daily life probably came from there too lol.

Edited by An-i-no

Eh...as far as Car Audio or everything? Cuz no sub is truly 100% made in the US, and most of the stuff you come into contact with in your daily life probably came from there too lol.

Fi is 100% U.S. and I believe SSA subs are also...I understand that Im gonna have to buy and be around foreign products everyday, so when I get the chance to buy somthn to support Americans Im gonna do it.

You will really enjoy the SA's! I am sure the 5 kids will also! The reason the SA's are such a great price, is because they are made overseas. I would prefer all US made products but sometimes it makes great business sense to outsource the work to help the customer base.

You will really enjoy the SA's! I am sure the 5 kids will also! The reason the SA's are such a great price, is because they are made overseas. I would prefer all US made products but sometimes it makes great business sense to outsource the work to help the customer base.

Both of my boys do as they are driving and nothing seems to be cooler than my 17 year old beating up the school parking with the biggest truck intown. Guess its good i live in a small town. Its been a really good truck and has served my family very well, 250,000 plus trouble free miles. When we out grew it instead of selling i gave it a second life and used as a project for me a kids to work on. The up graded audio is just one of the several on going upgrades and rebuilds this truck is getting.

Thanks everybody for your sugggestions and comments. As i posted earlier i did purchase 2 SA 12's and looking forward to hearing them soon.