1sweetvw

1 18 ZCON build

Hey guys just had a quick question Im going to be doing a build for my 73 vw. Im thinking of doing 1 zcon 18 for now running off a saz-2500d in a 6 cub box. I have a 200 amp alt two batteries, the big 3 and all odd gage wiring. What are your though on this build should the box be bigger smaller and what should I tune the box for daily playing I alos want to compete so whats a good tune for spl for this sub. Thanks

73VW Dam isn't the engine in the back of those things or thinking of later model? Picture of the classic beast?

73VW Dam isn't the engine in the back of those things or thinking of later model? Picture of the classic beast?

+1

Yes that is correct the motor is in the back. My VDub is far from stock lol

2nb7lkz.jpg

holy shyt that is nice!!!

thanks!! what do you think about me putting a zcon on a saz-2500d in it think it will be a lil loud lol

thanks!! what do you think about me putting a zcon on a saz-2500d in it think it will be a lil loud lol

I dont see why not, if its not loud then you are doing something wrong.

Where do you plan to put everything?

Great looking car. I think the doors might pop open when playing the stereo since those things are air tight.

I took the back seat out so the box and everything will be in the cab behind the driver and passanger i have 12 cubic feet to use so im going to put one zcon 18 in it and then later on another one maybe and wall it off im looking for something stupit loud. im thinking have the sub firing up and doing a precision port firing forward. what you all think?

Sub up, port back tends to work best there.

ok thanks and is 6 cubes 33hz the best size box for this sub to get the best out of it.

ok thanks and is 6 cubes 33hz the best size box for this sub to get the best out of it.

6 cubes before or after displacement?

6 cubes before or after displacement?

Im pretty sure its after displacement since he says he has 12 cubic feet to play with. 6 cubic feet falls in the recommend enclosure range so I dont see why it wouldnt work as far as getting the best out of it that will come down to testing and more testing.

Zcon Information

If you can fit 6.0 great, if you can go a little larger you will gain some efficiency.

An 18 in that car ?!

Good luck.

I can see a 12, but not a bigger one !

I want to see that !!!

There is a LOT more room in that car behind the front seats than you would expect.

Ill post up a pic later on today or tomorrow so you can see how much room their really is

That seems like it would be a fun build!!! A single Zcon should do great in that car!!

there is indeed room in the back... i just got rid of one, a 67.

steve mead had a zcon 18 in a tiny box on a sae 1200 and it was loud!

there is indeed room in the back... i just got rid of one, a 67.

steve mead had a zcon 18 in a tiny box on a sae 1200 and it was loud!

True story, saw it with my own eyes. O_o

def tuned in on this one.....loving some VW. had a 73 earlier in my years with 2 10" pioneer subs impp"s lol.