edouble101

JL Audio 2012 New Products

JL Audio 2012 New Products

I wonder what is brewing at JL Audio? Looks like in a few months we will know!

I would love to see what they would replace the W7 with.

The W8 is rumored right?

The W8 is rumored right?

Rumored but definitely unofficial.

Over on DIYMA, I believe that was the forum I read it, there is a long thread about the XD and HD amps. A JL Audio rep was partaking in the topic and mentioned a number of times about new products for late 2011/early 2012 but never really said exactly what.

I have a hunch that we might be looking at a very high power handling subwoofer series and high power amplifiers to go with them.

Jl Audio is an innovating company. Whatever is replacing the W7 I am sure will be phenomenal or else..... Rumored they also have a couple new patents pending :ughdunno:

I remember buying the W7 when it first came out. I lost my job two weeks later, had to sell it, and it was another 2 years before I got to play with one again. Loved it.

Funny thing was, I was able to sell it, and buy two of the original 12" RE XXXs and still have some money left over.

I remember buying the W7 when it first came out. I lost my job two weeks later, had to sell it, and it was another 2 years before I got to play with one again. Loved it.

Funny thing was, I was able to sell it, and buy two of the original 12" RE XXXs and still have some money left over.

LOL, that was a hella good deal man.

I am curious as to what JL is up to also. People hate because it's expensive, but they make great stuff no doubt.

i seen the new amps have tiny footprints, but i miss the / series flexibility

I have run nothing but JL equipment for the past 5 years. i've had every kind of slash amps, some of the old E series, and subs from w0-w7. i still have my VR components. i love JL's equipment and always will but do not love their prices.

getting rid of the w7 should never happen in my mind. If anything, add the w8 as a pure spl driver. I miss my w7, it was a loud clean sound plus an amazing looking sub. loved the surround

i love jl products.....but hate the price! its like guying a 80k Hyundai...why would any one do that?

i was a JL man my self before i found SSA.untill just before i found SSA when i joined here i had 2 15 BL's on a Goliath

but before that i had 4 JL W3 12' and 2 JL W6 15's on 2 JL 1000/1's and a 300/4all sealed ,

i still have a JL 500/1 in my chicks can on a ICON 15

you know i relized that i have never heard a W7 in a good box..

i have only heard them in a bullshit box,

In a good, well planned out box, they get pretty darn loud and clean. i had it ported in my blazer off a 1000/1 and it was really nice. I've also heard them in crappy boxes and they sounded like pure trash.

yea my boy has a w7 in a 2 door ranger with the suicide doors is a woodbox with fiberglass done my a respected shop in tampa. it sounds sooo sexy gets just about as loud as my deathrow but not as violent with the air flow and the w7 is what i would consider a amazing sq sub.

JL is sooo overpriced... good equipment just the price is ridiculous..

Every time JL is mentioned, being overpriced isn't far behind it.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. There's a lot in today's World that is way overpriced but yet rarely stops people from buying it.

Not really. Initial price is high, but resale is excellent. The total cost of ownership is pretty low as a result.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. There's a lot in today's World that is way overpriced but yet rarely stops people from buying it.

:yaya:

i don't like the price and i didn't.......

lol i dont buy it trust me... i can find better stuff for way better prices....

Not really. Initial price is high, but resale is excellent. The total cost of ownership is pretty low as a result.

really... your telling me there 1000 wrms amp isnt expensive !! LOL

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=jl+1000+1&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

Edited by 10K

What do you say about 140db legal in a sealed box ? And when turned down it would be just right to listen to music (and not rattle brains out).

I really like them and would definitely run a 10W7 if I had the bank...

i had a set of W7 12's out of a friends build. i think i offed them on Craigslist for 500 a great resale IMO

So many people overlook the fact that JL Audio has patents on a number of things so when you buy one that has a patent on it your going to pay what JL charges period, anything without a patent is in line with what other equipment is out there.

I have run nothing but JL equipment for the past 5 years. i've had every kind of slash amps, some of the old E series, and subs from w0-w7. i still have my VR components. i love JL's equipment and always will but do not love their prices.

getting rid of the w7 should never happen in my mind. If anything, add the w8 as a pure spl driver. I miss my w7, it was a loud clean sound plus an amazing looking sub. loved the surround

I remember the first time I heard/saw a W7. My reaction was like WTF! The cone excursion was ridiculous, incomparable to anything at that time.

+$1000 for a single sub is crazy expensive. In the long run it makes you think if it is really worth it. For that price you can buy 2-6 other subs at least. One of JL's selling points was that the W7 has the excursion to be comparable to a muilti sub setup. Quite possible. But with the newer technology available today and fierce competition between manufacturers I do not think that this still holds true.

I think JL is past due for a replacement driver for the W7. Whatever it is it sure as hecks outta be amazing!

Something that people can take into account, is the piece of mind with a JL product. JL set's themselves apart as they do actually do very extensive engineering and testing of their own products. They are not pointing to pictures in a Chinese build house catalog like many do now. They market very well and don't make major changes every 6 months to their products. So they know people will pay a premium for a premium product if that product has actual value and support behind it. JL is the Mercedes of the market place, they are doing it right. None of their products are the zenith of their respective segments, but all are very good and have lot's of development behind them. I know that I can walk into any dealer and buy a 300/2 amp and know I am getting an excellent product that I know if something went wrong, I would be taken care of, and to many people that is worth the extra money.

JL is not overpriced, just cost more than what your willing to pay for a sub or amp. Dont go in a JL topic talking about price, this is about new products being released and not about you crying over their prices. Thanks