Moofs

Budget components? Low power and low cost.

I have an alpine 2 channel amp that does 70RMS at 4 ohms and 120 RMS at 2 ohms. I'm looking for a set of 6.5 components to run as my front stage. So far I wont be running a rear stage.

The lower the price the better and I dont want to buy used unless I can pick up in person etc, so classifieds are out. Long story.

My MAX budget would be 120. I was considering some power bass S6C's, they are around 50$ shipped.

What would you recommend?

go to parts express and look up Aura, they're having a blow out great prices.

already did. I ordered a pair and I thought I got them but then got an email 2 days later saying they were sold out and they couldnt fill my order. Sucks.

Damn I must have got one of the last sets. Just ordered Monday I think it was. Couldn't pass em up. Should be here tomorrow

Check out the new IA 6.5 components in the SSA Store! hard to beat for quality Incriminator Aaudio performance!

TONS of options out there. Go to a local shop and see what you want to listen to, then go online and start searching for the deal that fits your wallet. We can't blindly recommend something when we don't know what you like to listen to and what sounds good to you.

Check out the new IA 6.5 components in the SSA Store! hard to beat for quality Incriminator Aaudio performance!

I was considering those but they are rated at 85 rms. I feel since they are IA they are probably underrated and I'm concern I wont be able to get them loud enough with 70rms, or will I just be clipping them at higher volumes.

TONS of options out there. Go to a local shop and see what you want to listen to, then go online and start searching for the deal that fits your wallet. We can't blindly recommend something when we don't know what you like to listen to and what sounds good to you.

well I'm coming from 4inch coaxials running of a HU so anything should sound good enough. Everything I've come across in stores has been pretty expensive. Usually kicker or infinity and I wasnt a huge fan.

Go with the IA comps, they are a steal at that price along with topnotch quality. I seriously doubt you'll be dissapointed. You don't have to power them all the way to get them to get loud or sound good. Especially since you were running off headunit power :P

Edited by Dangrebel

well I'm coming from 4inch coaxials running of a HU so anything should sound good enough. Everything I've come across in stores has been pretty expensive. Usually kicker or infinity and I wasnt a huge fan.

You're saying you will like any type of upgrade, but you don't like what your stores have to offer? What didn't you like? Just the price? That's why I suggested to look online for better deals.

I have the IA mids in the stock position of my doors running off of my HU and they sound great!

I was considering those but they are rated at 85 rms. I feel since they are IA they are probably underrated and I'm concern I wont be able to get them loud enough with 70rms, or will I just be clipping them at higher volumes.

RMS is not an important factor when going to buy comps, get what fits your budget and what you like. If you do get the IA components and they dont seem loud enough to you then sell your amp and buy an amp that puts out more power. But like others said, going from coaxials on head unit power to components on an amplifier will be a night and day difference.

RMS rating on components is a pretty useless spec. It's not at all a good indicator of how loud they will get either. There's no such thing as under powering so I wouldn't worry about it.

My advice to you is to go to an audio shop and listen to some components. Figure out what you like and don't like and why. Then decide what to buy and put an emphasis on the install. It will make more of a difference than the equipment used.

I'm more worried about clipping than loudness but I see your point.

I dont know any audio shops around me other than best buy and this one place that only sells hertz, audison and JL. I heard the hertz and they were awesome.

So I think I'll save and spring for the IA components. But after looking around, I've narrowed it down to 2-3.

1. IA components $140 shipped

2. Pioneer Premier TS-D720C $130 shipped

3. ARC Audio KS 6006 $150 shipped

Out of those 3, IAs for sure. I am running ~125wrms to mine and they are awesome. Great speakers for the money!

I'll probably get the IA set, and then in the future upgrade to a bigger amp and extra battery.

Well I'm stupid, I googled the specs of my amp again. It does 70 x 2 rms at 12volts and 100 x 2 at 14.4volts.

So looks like either way I'm okay. Time to save for those IA components.

btw, someone told me to find out the average current your system will produce at normal listening levels is to take your fuse ratings and divide them by 2.

I'm looking at an MB quart amp that has an 80 amp fuse and my 2 channel as two 20 amp fuses. So thats 60 amps. If I have a 70 amp alternator. Am I pretty much screwed?

That leaves 10 amps to run everything for the car like power windows etc, right? So at higher volumes wont this really mess with my voltage.

Edited by Moofs

Yea ha, your looking at a lot of voltage drop at fult tilt and probably some at normal listening volumes.

ugh, yeah that sucks. I might get a 500 watt amp instead. To help try to avoid the voltage drop. Well see.