Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

amp for my front stage

I need to pick out an amp for my front stage. As of right now the vehicle is bone stock..I've purchased a set of 6.5 components (fosgate power t1's). I plan to run them using the supplied passive crossovers in stock locations. Have no plans to run an active setup anytime soon but who knows what will happen in the future. I would like to spend under $250 but could possibly spend more if there is a good reason too. Looking for about 100x4 @ 4ohms and bridgable. I have a MB quart dsc4125 in another vehicle and its OK but want something else for this vehicle. What's out there that's worth a crap?

Not in your budget but the Sundown SAX-100.4 is a great 4 channel with a great crossover network. Can be run active if you decide to go that route later.

That is a possibility. I can spend more just trying to see what people suggest. I've had an eye on the sax100.4. Had my eye on the zed draconia II too but that thing is damn expensive and I don't feel I'll be using it to its potential so its not worth the $550 or so to me

Fosgate t400-4 also crossed my mind and its in the price range. Bridged it has enough power for me..

Edited by smashedz28

For his front stage? And the OP stated he wanted a four channel amp.

As a side note, I'd like to know how they can get 1400 watts with a 100 amp fuse. 100% efficient amp? ;)

You could grab a Crescendo C10004, they are selling for $195 shipped I believe and its 125w x 4 @ 4ohms iirc.

You could grab a Crescendo C10004, they are selling for $195 shipped I believe and its 125w x 4 @ 4ohms iirc.

Is that the big gold one? Or the new style?I'm going to run a crescendo amp for my subs which is why I ask, matching would be nice. I've emailed them several times with no response. Wonder if they make a 4ch in the new style.

For his front stage? And the OP stated he wanted a four channel amp.

As a side note, I'd like to know how they can get 1400 watts with a 100 amp fuse. 100% efficient amp? ;)

The old ppi a1200 amps had a 100 amp fuse and were capable of 1200w + on good electrical and no one that has ever owned one will say it wasn't capable of the power it made.

http://www.precisionpower.com/Manuals/Amplifier%20Manuals/Precision_Power_Art%20Series%20Axxx%20Amplifiers.pdf

He stated he was going to be powering a set of comps, so why not just get a 2ch for now and add a 2nd when the time comes he adds more to go active with.

Is that the big gold one? Or the new style?I'm going to run a crescendo amp for my subs which is why I ask, matching would be nice. I've emailed them several times with no response. Wonder if they make a 4ch in the new style.

I believe they are releasing the new 4ch soon hence why they are getting rid of the old ones at that price. Could be wrong but I think that I read it somewhere.

That is a possibility. I can spend more just trying to see what people suggest. I've had an eye on the sax100.4. Had my eye on the zed draconia II too but that thing is damn expensive and I don't feel I'll be using it to its potential so its not worth the $550 or so to me

Fosgate t400-4 also crossed my mind and its in the price range. Bridged it has enough power for me..

fosgate T400-4 is a good amp

Why not a big 2 channel instead of bridging a smaller 4 channel?

Crescendo has a big 2 channel, if you wanted to go that route.

Also, why do you need so much power?

Probably for headroom instead of trying to squeeze every last watt out of a smaller amp.

If you decide to up the budget, the Incriminator Audio 6.4 is just a few dollars more than the Sundown 100.4 and makes the same power in a much smaller footprint.

If you decide to up the budget, the Incriminator Audio 6.4 is just a few dollars more than the Sundown 100.4 and makes the same power in a much smaller footprint.

If I recall, the IA is a Class D, while the Sundown is a class AB.

Probably for headroom instead of trying to squeeze every last watt out of a smaller amp.

Maybe you missunderstood what I meant.

Take a 4channel with 100RMS per and 400RMS overall at 4ohms bridged. What purpose would it serve instead of a 200RMS per 2 channel at 4ohms?

Nah I got you, I actually went the huge 2 channel route myself so I understand exactly what you mean. I was referring strictly to the last part of the post.

So... :ughdunno:

Purchased the fosgate t400-4. Should do fine for me. I'm just powering some components. Bridged will give me a little headroom to the set's.

I believe they are releasing the new 4ch soon hence why they are getting rid of the old ones at that price. Could be wrong but I think that I read it somewhere.

Yes your correct, there selling the rest of the old gold ones and once there gone they will be releasing the new 4 channels. You can just sell it once the new ones's come in if matching amps is a must. For the price you cant beat it.

So... :ughdunno:

What does that have to do with him buying an amp?