Sign in to follow this  
HawkEye

Box Question For 4 10's

Hey all.I just got a 2007 dodge caliber and im wanting to get a system in it.I have my max deminsions that I wuld like to use.They are 38W x 23H x 11D .My question is what would be the best route to go?Im wanting like 4 10's, specifically FI BL 10's.but not sure if I have enough rooms for them.So would I have enough room or would I need to go a different route?

OH and I would have the subs and port facing the hatch.Thanks and let me know if this would work or if I need to go a different way.

With that amount of space I would go 2 12" in an optimum ported enclosure!

Nowhere near enough room for four 10's. I agree two twelves would be much better in that space.

With that amount of space I would go 2 12" in an optimum ported enclosure!

Nowhere near enough room for four 10's. I agree two twelves would be much better in that space.

I agree, sometimes less is more.

Ok cool.I will go with 2 12's then. Im wanting to use either a AQ3500D.1 or a stetsom 5k.Maybe even a SAZ-4500.So would like a pair of Fi BTL N2's be a good choice?

Just for the 4 10"s defense. We had 2 db Drive K9 10"s in 2 cubes net on 1,500w and it slammed like no other standard cab!

So 4 10"s could work..... especially with some good power.

Only 11" for depth? Are you looking to keep some space back there? We managed to fit an 18" in 6 cubes in the back of my brother's 2008 Caliber. He had a couple of different dual 12" setups before this and they were impressive for the cheap subs and cheap, low power he was running.

Ok cool.I will go with 2 12's then. Im wanting to use either a AQ3500D.1 or a stetsom 5k.Maybe even a SAZ-4500.So would like a pair of Fi BTL N2's be a good choice?

That's a lot of power, but I'd say if you're going to have over 1,500 watts to each sub might as well go with the BTL's. I'm pretty sure 2 BTL's is cheaper then 4 BL's anyways. Make sure your electrical is up to par with all that power!

Oh yeah, the alternator is a real PITA to get to on these. If you plan on installing a ho alt and would like to know how to go about getting to it, let me know. We put a DC Power 230a alt on the 2008. I don't know how much a shop would charge to do it but it would be worth it if it's not a few hundred (though it may be since it's such a bitch to do).

Oh yeah, the alternator is a real PITA to get to on these. If you plan on installing a ho alt and would like to know how to go about getting to it, let me know. We put a DC Power 230a alt on the 2008. I don't know how much a shop would charge to do it but it would be worth it if it's not a few hundred (though it may be since it's such a bitch to do).

I for sure plan on putting in a HO alternator.I searched all over the net and only found one from quality power auto.I hvae bought from them before once.It was a HO alt for my oldsmobile and was impressed by it so I was going to get the 240amp I beleive it is from them for it.If you could tell me how to go about it I would very much appreciate it.

And I did some more measuring in the car and came up with this.13" Tall x 38" Wide x 23" Deep.So would 2 12's still be my best bet?

Does your Caliber have the 2.0 4 cylinder with A/C? Will you be competing with this setup? The dimensions of his Caliber box are 38Wx20Dx18H I believe.

Here are the first 2 steps in the process of changing the alt on this vehicle.

101_0386.jpg

101_0387.jpg

2.0 seems to share architecture from the 80's block that was re-used for the neon etc.. Alternator location blows... I haven't even looked to see where it is on the 2.4L that I have.

Yes it is the 2.0L with A/C and yes i was hoping to compete a little. Mainly just street beat though. I would really appreciate if you would give me a step by step or something like that on changing the alt if you could.

I'm not very familiar with the USACi rules and such, do you need to stay below the seat or window line for SB classes?

If you're going to change the alt yourself, I would suggest that you go ahead and pick up the A/C Gasket kit as you're going to have to take the compressor completely out of the vehicle and undo some of the manifolds to do so. The gaskets are not reusable and you must use new ones (the closest place that had the gasket kit was 100 miles round trip, thankfully we had another vehicle available to go pick them up while the Caliber sat jacked up). You'll need a couple of cans of 134a refrigerant and some gauges if you decide to recharge the system yourself, or you can go to a dealership or shop and have it recharged for about $75 or so. These are two main points that we didn't foresee and luckily had the resources to get it back together and on the road the same day. So before you start tearing it down, be sure to have the gaskets and a plan for recharging the system. I'll write you out step by step instructions (to the best of my memory) in a bit.

I'm not very familiar with the USACi rules and such, do you need to stay below the seat or window line for SB classes?

If you're going to change the alt yourself, I would suggest that you go ahead and pick up the A/C Gasket kit as you're going to have to take the compressor completely out of the vehicle and undo some of the manifolds to do so. The gaskets are not reusable and you must use new ones (the closest place that had the gasket kit was 100 miles round trip, thankfully we had another vehicle available to go pick them up while the Caliber sat jacked up). You'll need a couple of cans of 134a refrigerant and some gauges if you decide to recharge the system yourself, or you can go to a dealership or shop and have it recharged for about $75 or so. These are two main points that we didn't foresee and luckily had the resources to get it back together and on the road the same day. So before you start tearing it down, be sure to have the gaskets and a plan for recharging the system. I'll write you out step by step instructions (to the best of my memory) in a bit.

Ok cool.Thank you very much.

Hey guys.Im really wanting to go with 4 10" subs or 2 15" subs.Im not really liking my idea of going with 2 12" subs.So my question to you all is would I have enough room for 4 10's or 2 15's?If I go with 4 10's it would probaly be 4 Fi SSD 10's,If I go with 15's it would be 2 Fi BTL N2 15's.

My max dimensions are 36" Wide x 18" Tall x 23" Deep

Thanks and let me know if I should stick with 2 12's or if i could go a different route.

Bump. Would still like to know so i can start planning

36"x18"x23" = 7.08ft^3 before sub and port displacements

You don't have anywhere near enough room for a pair of 15's. Four 10's would work much better in that space.

36"x18"x23" = 7.08ft^3 before sub and port displacements

You don't have anywhere near enough room for a pair of 15's. Four 10's would work much better in that space.

Ok Awesome.Than you very much for replying.How much would you charge for a box design RAM?

Ok Awesome.Than you very much for replying.How much would you charge for a box design RAM?

Check out the Custom Quote page at my website, ww.ram-designs.com, since it'll differ depending on what you want exactly. If you are wanting to get one, it'll take a few days since I have about 4 or 5 waiting to be done right now.