coobies5

2 12" xcons box

I have had great luck fireing the subs forward and the port side firing, loading off the rear sides. Had excellent response and spl.

yeah, i had my first box for the 18" a little over 6cubes @ 35hz and it was sub up and side firing port with a few inches from the port to the door. it was nice, sounded great, did a 144.x on music, but i had to build a new box, over the year or so i had it in that enclosure, it managed to slowly push my rear door outwards and from the outside, the door has a small lip extruding compared to the other side where the port was not at and it sits flush. so i don't really want to do a side firing again. probably just do sub/port firing the same way.

here is another member's design from another forum

Here's 5 cubes @ 32Hz with 80.75" of port

532with80port2.png

532with80port3.png

532with80port1.png

I just realized in the last photo where it says 11 5/8" it's supposed to be 12 3/8". I didn't measure all the way up like I should have.

Like this..

fix1.png

any thoughts?

why dont you use the whole width of the truck and down fire and make it like a fake floor ?

just like that design just put some legs lol

Edited by XxedgarxX

i was thinking about that at first, but downfiring just sounds bad to me, i'm just realizing how picky i am, hahahaha. pretty sure i'm going to end up choosing either firing up and forward

subs down port forward :D

do this and if you dont like it turn it around and do port back lol and see how it sounds if that doesnt work flip it again subs up port front or back

:ughdunno:

looks like i'm going to go with loudnlow's design

that being said, would yall like to check my math and let me know from the information i gathered to make a cut sheet from the design he provided.

(2) - 48" x 16" (top/bottom)

(1) - 48" x 19" (back)

(2) - 14 1/2" x 19" (sides)

(2) - 21 7/8" x 19" (baffles)

(2) - 14 7/16" x 19" (port back wall)

(2) - 12 3/8" x 19" (port side wall)

Here's 5 cubes @ 32Hz with 80.75" of port

532with80port2.png

532with80port3.png

532with80port1.png

I just realized in the last photo where it says 11 5/8" it's supposed to be 12 3/8". I didn't measure all the way up like I should have.

Like this..

fix1.png

Looks good to me.

awesome, I don't want a repeat of another time i got a design & cut sheet from a member and ended up having to buy another sheet because of a miscalculation.

i have everything cut, now it's time to assemble it! i really wish i had a table saw so i could make straighter cuts. nothing some silicone or expanding foam can't fix.

most of it is assembled, just put in the ports and there is a few places where the wood isn't flush. Put wood glue to hold it down, some free weights on top of them, and i filled in the gaps with some triple expanding foam. hopefully tomorrow the foam is expanded and hardened and i'll scrape most of it off and then go over it with silicone so it doesn't leak.

scraped off the expanding foam and then sealed all the joints up with silicone. letting it all dry overnight and going to get the port walls screwed in better (currently just held in with wood glue and a few nails from the nail gun).

how about some pics there pal,!

how did your cut sheet work out?

Pix?

it looks like my math works hahahaha. no problems at all, but i sure am glad i had some extra pieces of mdf laying around, 1 sheet wasn't enough!

Pix?

about to get some

glad to see you back in it brother,

it looks like my math works hahahaha. no problems at all, but i sure am glad i had some extra pieces of mdf laying around, 1 sheet wasn't enough!

Pix?

about to get some

:woot:

glad to see you back in it brother,

:drink40: i don't know if i'm going to be able to handle these xcon's though hahahaha

Texas has the most unusual weather, 2-3 days ago it was just shy of being 80 degrees, today it hasn't even gone over 40......i have the heater on warming up the storage building so i can finish the ports and possibly sand the baffle edges where it meets the port.

Texas has the most unusual weather, 2-3 days ago it was just shy of being 80 degrees, today it hasn't even gone over 40......i have the heater on warming up the storage building so i can finish the ports and possibly sand the baffle edges where it meets the port.

Tell me about, we had snow flurries yesterday in the morning. Watch next week it will be 70 or 80 degrees again, have fun finishing up the enclosure

Not going to do a double baffle?

Tell me about, we had snow flurries yesterday in the morning. Watch next week it will be 70 or 80 degrees again, have fun finishing up the enclosure

yeah i heard from my friend up there about the flurries. i have no doubt that next week it will be back to 70 something, and thank you!

Not going to do a double baffle?

if i had some extra mdf scraps i would, but i don't think i have any leftover. if i really need it, i'll do it (going to look at my scraps and make sure i don't have any i can use)

ended up having some left over scraps of mdf i could make into another baffle.