aboveak

Finally got the Xcon! Not all smiles though...

So i was waiting patiently for the Xcons to arrive. After working for 26 hours i had to stay awake to make sure they made it

into the house safely. Of course i got the same ol' thing from the driver, "This thing is heavy as hell" talk. As i put down the second sub i noticed some prick penetrated the box!! In any other scenario this would be normal but not this time.

This is what i saw...

xcon003.jpg

My first thought was,"OH SHIT!! that better have not gone through the surround!!"

Edited by aboveak

So i was waiting patiently for the Xcons to arrive. After working for 26 hours i had to stay awake to make sure they made it

into the house safely. Of course i got the same ol' thing from the driver, "This thing is heavy as hell" talk. As i put down the second sub i noticed some prick penetrated the box!! In any other scenario this would be normal but not this time.

This is what i saw...

xcon003.jpg

My first thought was,"OH SHIT!! that better have not gone through the surround!!"

^^^ Fixed

The woofer should be ok. Take it out and look.

Then opened it up and it got a little worse...

xcon001.jpg

Took that off and saw...

xcon002.jpg

I know this may look a little suspicious have a leatherman with the knife out but i assure you i wouldn't do that to my own

Took that off and saw...

xcon002.jpg

I know this may look a little suspicious have a leatherman with the knife out but i assure you i wouldn't do that to my own

at least that wasn't the motor, maybe you can pick up a new one.

I've seen em range 10-20 bucks, maybe even free from SSA, who knows.

http://fixmyspeaker.com/ProductList.php?CatID=19

at least that wasn't the motor, maybe you can pick up a new one.

I've seen em range 10-20 bucks, maybe even free from SSA, who knows.

http://fixmyspeaker.com/ProductList.php?CatID=19

Yeah i did get lucky. I did expect if i were to have damage done that it would be way worse but it's still frustrating to see. I'll be able to cover it up with the install, so i'm not too chapped about it

Only the gasket got damaged? That's pretty lucky that the cone or surround weren't damaged but it defiantly sucks to get something new a find shit like this.

Edited by B_I_B

I wouldn't have accepted the package if it were like that. I know it's not bad, but it could have been. You got lucky. lol

I didn't notice it till after the driver left and i put it down in the living room. I guess i should've looked at both boxes thoroughly right when i grabbed them but i was too tired and wasn't thinking about it. Yeah only the gasket got damaged from everything i could see, fortunately.

I'm building a new enclosure for them and i'll post up pics when i'm done. I'm about halfway through the build right now. I'm working on painting my brother in laws truck and building the box at the same time, so i've been constantly busy. It's going to be pretty fancy. Lots of fiberglass and paint. I don't know if i'll do part carpet or not. It's about 4.5 cubes ported and aiming for 32hz. They're going under the rear seat in my silverado.

I still have to get my new amp as well so it'll be a couple weeks probably

I have a never used gasket for a XCON 15 that I am about to throw out. If you want it just pay shipping costs for a flat rate package from UPS. Just noticed you never said it was a 15". Is it?

I have a never used gasket for a XCON 15 that I am about to throw out. If you want it just pay shipping costs for a flat rate package from UPS. Just noticed you never said it was a 15". Is it?

I appreciate the offer but it's a 10"

Glad to see it wasn't anything major at least.

:(

Agreed, could have been a lot worse.

Ouch, glad it is essentially cosmetic.

Take off the gasket and make sure it didn't go through to the side of the surround.

Take off the gasket and make sure it didn't go through to the side of the surround.

Yeah I did. There was a little dent and scratch in the basket but luckily the surround wasn't touched

Is the manufacturer covering shipping damage?

Shipping companies would cover shipping damages, in most cases. And since he has already said they would be covered up, and he wasnt worried about it, i dont think he is going any further about it. But i have been wrong once before!

Hell UPS always leaves it on the porch & bolts back to his truck, never knocks or anything. I've gotten packages so messed up it looked like a crumpled paper bag instead of cardboard.

Luckily OP it wasn't major, but i'd still be pissed.

Hell UPS always leaves it on the porch & bolts back to his truck, never knocks or anything. I've gotten packages so messed up it looked like a crumpled paper bag instead of cardboard.

Luckily OP it wasn't major, but i'd still be pissed.

Same here, by the time I get to the door they are long gone.

Haha you know that when they deliver something that looks like it fell out of the truck at 50mph they don't want to stick around for people to bitch at them. They get enough from the wife.

Yeah it's a $10 gasket I'm not going to cry about it too much. I'm more irritated that I spend $360 just for shipping, so naturally I would like to think id get my product delivered to me undamaged, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way

360 for shipping? Where do you live? That sucks to pay that much and have it treated like that.

360 for shipping? Where do you live? That sucks to pay that much and have it treated like that.

With the god damn polar bears in alaska