Dylan Matlow

Omega Midbass (22mm of xmax)

haha okay btw any prices on the component sets?

what tweets are you plannign to use with your drivers?

haha okay btw any prices on the component sets?

what tweets are you plannign to use with your drivers?

Well the prices are back up in the air, they could drift down from what they used to be, now that we are casting the baskets in house as well.

We are going to use the LPG tweeters:

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi...6.11528&pid=635

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi...6.11528&pid=637

We are working on a tweeter but it will not be out in time for the component sets... The LPG tweeters are rather nice for now.

okay. ill keep you in mind then... oh the decisions... Arco, you, keep the rainbow arg! but no silk huh?

I gotta have silk

Hard dome just doesnt cut the mustard for me

Actually they sort of cut it too well, seem to rip through everything. I am right there with you. I keep reading all of the RS28 "doesn't sound like a metal tweet" and I know if I buy them I will want to sell them. And trying to fit them someplace and then having to sell them would piss me off.

I'll be looking forward to future tests then, to see how everything compares with what's been published. npdang will be a good one.

How soon until an early production piece will be in his hands?

PS: I would take Matt's keyboard away. His immaturity shines through when he gets all keyboard commando.

I'll be looking forward to future tests then, to see how everything compares with what's been published.  npdang will be a good one.

How soon until an early production piece will be in his hands?

PS:  I would take Matt's keyboard away.  His immaturity shines through when he gets all keyboard commando.

Yea I told matt to stay off the forums. I'll have a better idea of when a production piece will be ready for him this weekend I hope... There have been so many set backs I'm starting to get used to it... I'm just glad we decided that taking preorders earlier was a bad idea :)

^^^ good decision lol... newbs to the art shouldnt be arguing with seasoned veterans.

Just put it this way EVERY how you say grass roots company has setbacks. the greatest example is RE haha

Teenagers shouldn't be arguing with CEO's of large companies.

nG

CEO's of large companies shouldn't be arguing back if they were any more mature than a teenager.

:brick:

John

True his tone should have been more relaxed, but correcting something that is blatantly wrong is not immature.

I just hope that the drivers do half of what Dylan stated earlier, then everything will get exciting again!

nG

CEO's of large companies shouldn't be arguing back if they were any more mature than a teenager.

John

He didn't argue, he presented pure factual information. In turn this completely and utterly showed the kid's lack of knowledge... and he completely owned him. End of story.

nG

True his tone should have been more relaxed, but correcting something that is blatantly wrong is not immature.

I just hope that the drivers do half of what Dylan stated earlier, then everything will get exciting again!

Trying to correct things is immature when you don't understand the whole story... Matt should have never commented in that thread... Not only did he not know all the details about the design in question, he can

nG

John

He didn't argue, he presented pure factual information. In turn this completely and utterly showed the kid's lack of knowledge... and he completely owned him. End of story.

nG

I don't think I would go so far as to say 'pure factual' they were both spinning the hell out of information in a very bias way... Dan just has more background and experience :)

Edit:

The hex former is the only thing that Dan spun I feel has any impact on me directly and I have no interest in picking his posts apart and applying my own spin... I guess that is just a personality trait.

Edited by Dylan Matlow

i dunno about all that dan matt stuff....don't really care. what i do care about is a mid with the xmax of a sub...sweet! (if it happens)

btw....

brick.gif <----------is one sweet smilie...we need this added to our arsenal.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

nG

John

nG

I don't think I would go so far as to say 'pure factual' they were both spinning the hell out of information in a very bias way... Dan just has more background and experience :)

Edit:

The hex former is the only thing that Dan spun I feel has any impact on me directly and I have no interest in picking his posts apart and applying my own spin... I guess that is just a personality trait.

Well in the long run if the product lives up to its hype , no one is even going to care , and everyone well forget about what was said. but if it falls short people will talk again.... Much luck with it by the way. Im also interested in seeing how well it works and if it does work well owning a couple..

sounds like the Arco preorder is over :(

on to Ology :P: are you going to be making simple xovers? im not really a fan of those gian pieces of wood lol... simple as in "commerical" xovers with those plastic coverings?

also if i liek give you a tweet to work with, like the Usher 9950, can you mess around with some xover designs?

no more preorder...dangit !

I think you should use a red foam suround like the funky pups

and have a hello kitty dustcap (i saw a tumult like that on Sound illusions :))

re you going to be making simple xovers? im not really a fan of those gian pieces of wood lol... simple as in "commerical" xovers with those plastic coverings for just the tweeter?  the mid should cut out at a certain freq so ther would be no need for a mid xover no?

also if i liek give you a tweet to work with, like the Usher 9950, can you mess around with some xover designs?

i edited it

re you going to be making simple xovers? im not really a fan of those gian pieces of wood lol... simple as in "commerical" xovers with those plastic coverings for just the tweeter?  the mid should cut out at a certain freq so ther would be no need for a mid xover no?

i edited it

A midwoofer with no LPF... I'm not a fan of this idea particularly for a car environment... Problems with beaming and getting good integration upon install... Some loss of sound quality... It would be small and very inexpensive, but not a good system of tradeoffs if you ask me unless you are dealing with a more limited bandwidth driver that is very well behaved or are trying to make a set of coax speakers under $50/pair.

oaky then.... is it possible to make smaller xovers to fit in a sigle small case then like my rainbows? i mean IMO those are doin pretty well w/o the bulkyness.

oaky then.... is it possible to make smaller xovers to fit in a sigle small case then like my rainbows? i mean IMO those are doin pretty well w/o the bulkyness.

IIRC the rainbow SLCs use some small very inexpensive (electrolytic caps and very small wire awg inductors... I saw a pic of one that melted nicely) parts...

So the people would rather us use small parts than higher quality parts? :huh2:

Or somewhere in between? ~18 awg inductors and mylars?