Dylan Matlow

Omega Midbass (22mm of xmax)

Can't wait to see the Zaph results.  He's usually spot on and a great reference IMO.

Even though he's biased against high excursion drivers :D

I agree with a lot of what he says, but he's dead wrong with some of his conclusions, IMO.

I'd be interested to see what these do off low power. If I got a pair, they'd be running full range with no tweeters, most likely in a floorstanding mass loaded TL. Power output would be in the ~10 watt range.

Can't wait to see the Zaph results.  He's usually spot on and a great reference IMO.

Even though he's biased against high excursion drivers :D

I agree with a lot of what he says, but he's dead wrong with some of his conclusions, IMO.

I'd be interested to see what these do off low power. If I got a pair, they'd be running full range with no tweeters, most likely in a floorstanding mass loaded TL. Power output would be in the ~10 watt range.

There is a version of the delta with 5.2g I have messed with that is around 96db/w for the 8 ohm version :lol2::lol2:

but 93db/w is more than adequate

93dB/W in a non-horn loaded enclosure is certainly impressive.

Might not wang chung as much as my Klipsch floorstanders @ 97db/W, but I could always use them for the NAD instead...I'd just be curious to hear what they sound like on the triodes.

Matt where you been we need updates!

Since it has been weeks and still no graphs am I too assume that this was all hype??

Don't get your hopes up and expect a whole lot

When you directly or indirectly bite the hands that feed you things tend not to happen.

edwards get in teh chat flocker

I would actually like to see a response to Dan Wiggins' call-out on CAF, where he flat out called your BL graph a hoax and a lie. Feandil mysteriously dived out of that thread directly after that.

I would post the link, but I get that damned "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." message again.

I would actually like to see a response to Dan Wiggins' call-out on CAF, where he flat out called your BL graph a hoax and a lie.  Feandil mysteriously dived out of that thread directly after that.

I would post the link, but I get that damned "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." message again.

I guess you stated directly what I was alluding to.

I've never been one to beat around the bush :)

You mean this curve:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/OlogyAudio/OmegaBL.jpg

I call that a lie.  Pure and simple.  If you had an understanding of how Klippel works, you would have at least faked up the data to NOT include the sharp breaks in the curve back around -17, -20, and -22mm.

Oh, and I had a wonderful 2 hour talk with Wolfgang (Dr. Wolfgang Klippel, if you must know) about the way his system handles measurements when the BL and Cms don't line up.  You know, where you claim at 22mm the surround comes to a screeching halt?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=5336#

A Klippel system cannot measure beyond that point, nor will it fit data well less than that.  Especially if there isn't enough data beyond the curve.

So yeah, I'm out-and-out calling your data completely fabricated and a lie.  That's not a Klippel curve.  You can't get a curve that shape out of the Klippel, and that's based upon what Wolfgang himself would say.  I think you made it up.

How's that for direct?

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showpost...8&postcount=142

Finally got on :)

So....whatcha think the chances are of them actually responding to this thread again ?

So....whatcha think the chances are of them actually responding to this thread again ?

:ehh:

and none left a week ago

You mean this curve:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/OlogyAudio/OmegaBL.jpg

I call that a lie.  Pure and simple.  If you had an understanding of how Klippel works, you would have at least faked up the data to NOT include the sharp breaks in the curve back around -17, -20, and -22mm.

Oh, and I had a wonderful 2 hour talk with Wolfgang (Dr. Wolfgang Klippel, if you must know) about the way his system handles measurements when the BL and Cms don't line up.  You know, where you claim at 22mm the surround comes to a screeching halt?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=5336#

A Klippel system cannot measure beyond that point, nor will it fit data well less than that.  Especially if there isn't enough data beyond the curve.

So yeah, I'm out-and-out calling your data completely fabricated and a lie.  That's not a Klippel curve.  You can't get a curve that shape out of the Klippel, and that's based upon what Wolfgang himself would say.  I think you made it up.

How's that for direct?

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showpost...8&postcount=142

Finally got on :)

Matt disappeared from that thread when I found out that he was running his mouth and acting very unprofessional. In short I suggested that he shut up.

I wasn't making comment since I'll be getting an omega to npdang to clear all this crap up with hard independent measurements... Zaph/Jim will also be at the top of the list.

I'm not sure as to the source of the graph anomalies, I would guess that the roughness in the curve would result from nonlinearities in the suspension when the surround ran into some basket spokes (this frame was hand welded after all to help speed up the design process)

^^^ im glad :) are you sure you arent thinking of another person to build your speakers?

^^^ im glad :)  are you sure you arent thinking of another person to build your speakers?

lol he is good at handling the build and has some good ideas to add... not so good at PR and has a low tolerance for being jerked around (what started us looking at the idea of going in house) -- We have both learned an insane amount through this whole process... Both of us are very interested in research and we are interested in the same fields. This is an evolutionary stage of the company; in 1-2 years I expect things to look very, very different.