Whats up all. Just wanting to get some info Budjet amps. reccomendations, ones to stay away from. Looking to go 1k to 1500rms @ 1 ohm. Budget would be right around 200.00. All input is appreciated.

Best I can tell you for a true 1,000-1,500 for $200 is to look in the classifieds section or post a "WTB or Want To Buy" thread.

Other then that, if you go up a little. A Audio Que 1,200 would do amazing.

www.audioque.com

I used to love ppi. Thought they sold out. Nice to see there still around..

I personally had good luck with audio pipe ap1500d. eBay they are goin for about $150 new

I've heard that the Audiopipe 1500 does rated. Around $160.

Best I can tell you for a true 1,000-1,500 for $200 is to look in the classifieds section or post a "WTB or Want To Buy" thread.

Other then that, if you go up a little. A Audio Que 1,200 would do amazing.

www.audioque.com

+1

i was thinking AQ1200 :fing34:

What about the hifonics Brutus brz1200 for about $150...that's what I run right now or go with the brz1700 for about $220. Both found on EBay

How has no one said the the MB quart onyx series. They are like 150-170 depending if you buy the 1000 or the 1500. I've only heard good reviews.

I'd get that over audiopipe any day. I actually doubt I'd ever buy audiopipe.

I looked at the MB Quart and it def looks sexy...i like the piano finnish...but went with the brutis due to CEA compliant/cert....prob pretty close to the same guts anyways (just guessing there)

Edited by Dave c Shrode

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38335_Precision-Power-P1000.1.html

Won't make you any promises other than the 4 channel tested well and has good reviews.

This one out of all the ones listed. It's not 1500W, but you can't hear the 50% power difference.

I've heard that the Audiopipe 1500 does rated. Around $160.

It almost does rated at a ridicoulous amount of distortion.

If it's set with a DD-1(detects distortion at 1%) it doesn't do rated power at all.

I actually bought thehifonics brz 1200 nd run it at ful gain on my re sx 12..nd let me tell u.. This amp is the best amp for bang for the buck.. Never gets hot nd plus the led lights the glow out of the word ' hifonics ' at night time looks sick :) only cost me 150 BNIB try audiosavings.com or sonicelectronix.com w.e's cheaper for u.. Nd good luck! Keep us updated =)

I actually bought thehifonics brz 1200 nd run it at ful gain on my re sx 12..nd let me tell u.. This amp is the best amp for bang for the buck.. Never gets hot nd plus the led lights the glow out of the word ' hifonics ' at night time looks sick :) only cost me 150 BNIB try audiosavings.com or sonicelectronix.com w.e's cheaper for u.. Nd good luck! Keep us updated =)

I hope you're not running it at full gain..

full gain=clipping=bad=need new sub soon

You need to do some more reading on the site.

I was under the impression that gains are supposed to match head unit voltage out put? That brz goes up to 9volts...if I'm wrong sir please correct me by advising me what is wrong with what I said was it that clipping was bad? Or that if you clip your amp it heats up coils and heated coils are a good thing? Just curious...

Clipping will only kill the driver if the driver can not thermally or mechanically handle it.

SMD had an AP1500 doing 1800 watts and change. I've installed two of them, they're pretty small for the power they put out and both put out good power. I own a BRZ1200, SMD in the same run down had this amp putting out 1400 watts. It feels higher quality than the AP all around but as far as budget amps go I would feel fine with either of them. Do you have the current? If so go AP, if you're still pretty basic buy the BRZ.

Clipping will only kill the driver if the driver can not thermally or mechanically handle it.

i stand corrected...so it depends if the sub can handle it...is this where the smell factor comes in?

and also clipping cant be good for your amp also...right?

just some noob ?s (cause imma crank that gain up on my damn amp!!!! LOL)

Clipping won't damage the amp. The smell could be adhesive, dust, a burning coil, etc. Each one is distinguishable. You'll know them when you smell them. Now don't go cranking the gain up. Ideally you DO want to match it to the preout voltage, but just because you don't does not mean it will harm anything. Play wisely and use your ears. The drivers will tell you when they have had too much.

Thanks for all the input guys. I was looking at the audioque and the audiopipe, Being a budjet build i'd like to keep my current draw to a minimum, The brz is soumding like one of my more solid choices. Is that MB quart very efficient? And I've been intersted in audioque for a while. Lots of mixed reviews but I'm sure most are from user error.

full gain=clipping=bad=need new sub soon

I could max the gain out on my Profile amp with no clipping or distortion ;) Just depends on the input voltage.

Check out a soundstream Rub1.1600 Put one in a friends car. 170$ on ebay.

Edited by djtomczak