Sign in to follow this  
StreetLegal

Boston Acoustics Exit Car Audio

Don't know if it's the correction to post this, mods please move it if it's in the wrong section.

Boston Acoustics Exits Car Audio

February 23, 2012 by Amy Gilroy

Filed under Car News, Home Page Featured, Industry news

5 Comments

Boston Acoustics, a 23-year fixture in the car audiophile market is exiting the 12 volt aftermarket as of April. The company will instead focus on its home audio products including speakers, soundbars and radios, and will also enter new home audio categories, said Sanjay Sharma, national sales manager of Boston Mobile Audio.

Boston-Acoustics.jpgThe maker of GT amps and PRO speakers informed reps and key accounts this week, that it will exit the market by the end of April. It has retained its manufacturer reps through that time period to ease the transition, it said.

Most of Boston’s inventory will be kept by the company to honor warranties.

Sharma said of the market exit, “This was not an easy decision. We had analyzed both businesses and we were really focused on growth. As a result we wanted to sharpen our focus on product categories related to the home.”

Boston Acoustics is owned by D&M Holdings which also owns Denon, Marantz, McIntosh Laboratory, Snell Acoustics and other brands.

Source: CEoutlook

Another one bites the dust.

That sux, Boston has nice equipment. At least we might be able to pick up some great gear at some closeout prices!

Great equipment. Maybe SSA will buyout some of their product and offer insane pricing on it. I have one of their amps still installed and had a 4ch for a bit. Great power.

It's terrible to see this happen.

My first comp set was a pair of Boston Pro6.5's back in the day.

It's terrible to see this happen.

My first comp set was a pair of Boston Pro6.5's back in the day.

My first comp set were Boston's too. When I was 16 I wanted G512's more than anything, I would go to a local shop to hear them weekly haha.

WOW ... hate to read stuff like this ... Boston Acoustics made some great products ...