no_username

One final dumb question

My wiring kit manuel says make sure fuse is not in before connection to battery

So i hooked the battery up and put the fuse on and the fucker sparked and almost shocked the crap outa me

Now i assume im supposed to unhook the - terminal first then install it?

was your ground connected???

You are ALWAYS suppose to put fuse in last.

Wire everything up first, fuse last.

It is 100% normal to see a spark.

You are completely the circuit.

Now, if you see an arc, hehe, that will shock you.

It did that because there was a big inrush of current charging the capacitors in the power supply of the amp. The easiest way to avoid this from happening is to take a simple 12v test light and connect it between the fuse terminals. You'll see it go bright for a moment then slowly dim out to off. That slowly charges the capacitors in the power supply instead of an inrush of current. Once the light goes out then simply install your fuse and you're done.

It did that because there was a big inrush of current charging the capacitors in the power supply of the amp. The easiest way to avoid this from happening is to take a simple 12v test light and connect it between the fuse terminals. You'll see it go bright for a moment then slowly dim out to off. That slowly charges the capacitors in the power supply instead of an inrush of current. Once the light goes out then simply install your fuse and you're done.

best post I've seen in a while :)

ALWAYS wire the positives FIRST then the ground, it will be less likely to spark

something tells me this wont be the final one.

:word:

Also, Mark/Aaron, side note, this "like this" button is awsome! Will there be an "unlike this" button as well?

something tells me this wont be the final one.

You were right!

Sorry guys. I know you probably h8 me but im jus5 trying to get this right being im a newb

Im extremly sorry guys

A little spark is common, a big spark with pretty blue smoke is a sign you need to go to a shop.

Sorry guys. I know you probably h8 me but im jus5 trying to get this right being im a newb

Im extremly sorry guys

Don't worry about it.  Nobody likes to admit it, but we were all this green at the beginning.  The questions are "simple" to us because of our experience, but the only way to learn is to ask.  If you're unsure about something it's better to ask and get it right the first time.

Just to prove a point on another forum I used to moderate, I spent some time and looked up several of the "respected" members early posts on that forum, which were the typical "newbie" type questions, and posted them in my sig.  It was funny.....a couple of them actually got pretty pissed off I had done that.

Lol all in good humor m8 everyone needs that laugh to make everday a new funny bone. So i spent about 4-5 hrs getting installed and 2 hrs on finding nuts and screws that dropped in the engine bay. Lmao nothing gets me more pissed than loosing sockets in the engine :D

I do really appreciate all your help. And i must say out of sll the forums i been to this by far has a great group of people. Everyone always helping eachother and everyone is friendly. Grwat group of bassheads

Edited by nousername