Bad link.

It's ghey.com and we have a filter on here so we can't be linked to that shit hole.

Not a Zcon motor. Sp4 = 4" coil, Zcon = 3" coil. The motor is going to be quite different.

pretty much dude said fi builds ssa products... true?

Fi does oem SSA subs. They are NOT the same though.

Scott will not rebadge any products. When he oems a product line it is different.

pretty much dude said fi builds ssa products... true?

Same build house.

Fi manufactures SSA subwoofers to SSA specs. Been there done that.

Op, you say it like its a bad thing. It's not like its shipped here from China.

Fi OEMS more brands than I care to name.

no i was just curious lol thats all.

Fi does in fact build SSA subs, but you have to think about how much money it is saving the SSA customer.

Instead of SSA having to purchase, or lease a large warehouse, employee 4-6 people full time, setup multiple accounts with multiple distributors, and fund all the over head. All they do is have a already VERY reputable OEM assemble the woofers based on SSA spec. Saves a lot of time and money, which is why we are fortunate enough to be able to have this awesome forum and communicate with the owners so directly.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

Never, not once, have I considered not buying a product because it is made in China. What is your point? Chinese built products are inferior?

Let me ask you this. Does SSA design their own product? Or do they pay somebody to do it then slap an SSA sticker on it?

Made in USA or not I like to buy from audio manufacturers that design, test and revise their own products.

Its a good thing.

Made in the USA by people who have f rgotten more than some claim to know at a price point that is too low and

they should sell for way more than imported subs, IMO.

Never, not once, have I considered not buying a product because it is made in China. What is your point? Chinese built products are inferior?

Let me ask you this. Does SSA design their own product? Or do they pay somebody to do it then slap an SSA sticker on it?

Made in USA or not I like to buy from audio manufacturers that design, test and revise their own products.

Eh, you really are butthurt about something aren't you?

Thisssssss. There are American-built woofers that suck ass and Chinese woofers that are awesome. America =/= better.

And as a side note, I originally ordered from a company (not going to name which one) who builds their subs in the U.S. to order. They were out of stock of a certain part so I ordered my Sundown SA-12 and it shipped the next day. That is a definite advantage IMO. Sure you loose the ability to customize things, but having my product in 3 days is a plus no matter what product it is (not knocking SSA in any way though).

EDIT: Please remember people...the companies who have well thought out products that perform equally as well do so by their own hand. Not just randomly because of what country they make their stuff in. I'm absolutely positive that there is some China in everybody's car that they enjoy on a daily basis.

Edited by An-i-no

Eh, you really are butthurt about something aren't you?

No. The only straight up shitty deal I got from a car audio related company was from DC Power.

Play nice folks.

I guess you might not have seen the threads where we explain what we are working on, post pictures of prototypes, discuss changes, talk about specs and lay out the goals and improvements (if it is an updated version) etc.

Its a good thing.

Made in the USA by people who have f rgotten more than some claim to know at a price point that is too low and

they should sell for way more than imported subs, IMO.

We are not able to jack up prices to distorted levels because we are some no-name internet brand, and the masses are used to imported driver pricing and have lost the understanding of the value of having things machined and built here in the USA.

I would love for some of the people who think they are getting a good deal from a company that outsources all of their work to china/korea to see how LITTLE goes into producing a subwoofer or amplifier. ANYONE can start making subs or amplifiers out of the country with a little bit of capital and a bit of time. People don't realize they're supporting 300% profit margin...

I would love for some of the people who think they are getting a good deal from a company that outsources all of their work to china/korea to see how LITTLE goes into producing a subwoofer or amplifier. ANYONE can start making subs or amplifiers out of the country with a little bit of capital and a bit of time. People don't realize they're supporting 300% profit margin...

You can spend a whole bunch of money designing a woofer and it might still suck. I'm not saying that off the shelf subs are great but it's not a cardinal sin of car audio to own and enjoy a tried and true sub with a different label on it. Same goes for amps. If it works, lasts, and it fits my budget then what exactly is wrong with it?

Truth. A new company just popped up... The dude pretty much woke up out of bed and decided to make his own company because he wanted an amp that he didn't see anybody make, yet it's the same build house as all of the other chinese/korean brands.

In my opinion, I think USA vs everyone else is purely an opinionated debate.

Also, it's not about who is better, but just pure politics.

And whenever politics is brought up, nobody as a group will always agree on the same thing.