Shogen

Why nothing is selling in the classifieds....

I know what I'm selling and at the price it is not a HOT item but HOLY HELL the classifieds section is like a disease to me and I try to avoid it. I cannot see updates on it at all, I cannot make updates at all to it. Don't get me wrong the idea was great but it was not opened in a fashion that made sense.

Hope no one takes offense but I think it needs to be fixed, having a questions tab is a BAD idea. Just have it thread style like before so it can be read easier and followed easier. Allow the seller to edit the advert? DOH! Someone left that part out, unless it's someone issue on someone else's part. It's a little discouraging the way it works now and I think it won't be very popular for many as it is.

I'd be more than willing to spend some time on a draft, or work with someone. From a sales standpoint, I'd think you guys would've had this down with no issues.. You guys have soooo much experience. It is not main priority as I'm def trying to sell locally more than online but DAYUM... :)

I LOVE SSA!!!

fuuu.gif << my face when in the classifieds section.... peepwall.gif

Some reason I couldn't even make a thread in there.

I got my error the first time a week or 2 ago...

When did you try and have you tried again?

I haven't been in the classifieds since it was changed. It it meant to be simpler and to avoid clutter, but IMO, it's more like a store, worse to navigate, HORRIBLE to mod, and just unappealing. When I have multiple items to sell, I want to do it in one spot and have all of it accessible with one click. The new thing is just back and forth. Sometimes change is bad.

I have to agree, I like a forum style way better. Now I just go look on the "other" boards. Sucks because I thought this as one of the better classifieds before.

Hell, many times I would just be cruising through them and find something interesting and purchase it. Can't do that any more.

Hell, many times I would just be cruising through them and find something interesting and purchase it. Can't do that any more.

I can't buy anymore P800s from tire anymore??? WTF?!?!?!?!?...

I think maybe a throwback to the old skool classifieds is in order...

Leave these integrated:

1. Links on homepage/ advert balloons on side

2. The main window when you look at the item.

Everything else should be on one page, I'm sort of ok with the separation but it could go back to old skool as well if need be. And we MUST me able to edit TITLE and ORIGINAL POST!!!

Make sense?

Agreed

I hate to say it but I agree. I kept wondering why I had 0 inquiries on what I'm selling, and then it hit me that I have yet to go through them myself. I would always check the old ones for a bargain or to see if something caught my eye, now I don't.

start posting your FS threads in the vendor sections... lol

but seriously, i see your all's point.

I'm a habitual complainer(lol)... SORRY SSA!!! .. But I see the community needs some help so I offered... I don't want to see things go bad, so if I think it may help I will speak up....

Does this help point out some needs SSA?

Ok guys, make a poll and take a running vote for a few weeks, at that point we will decide to get rid of it or not.

Sorry it is not working out, it is meant to be a great addition to the site, but if it is not working out, I understand and we will fix it for you guys.

Thanks for understanding Mark :)

I agree. I think it had great potential.

Has good points and bad. But I vote old style

Ok guys, make a poll and take a running vote for a few weeks, at that point we will decide to get rid of it or not.

Sorry it is not working out, it is meant to be a great addition to the site, but if it is not working out, I understand and we will fix it for you guys.

Thank you for you understanding Mark. I appreciate your acknowledging this thread. Again, I hope that no offense was taken by this thread.

And.. NOBODY has started a polling thread yet..

Come on...

I vote Shogen to be Thread Starter for the Polling thread...

And.. NOBODY has started a polling thread yet..

Come on...

I vote Shogen to be Thread Starter for the Polling thread...

Done.

Old style vote here. I tried to post a WTB thread it just didn't post no error or anything.

Edited by Fearz