pimpdaddy1787

Sundown or zcon's.

the misinformation in this thread is mind blowing....

Just because the zcon shows a higher sensitivity rating, doesn't mean it will be louder, and I don't the OP has listed his goals.

For that amount of power I could safely recommend SA12s. I ran mine on two 3ks for a short period of time before one popped(3ks). They are now being beat on daily by a single 3k.

As long as you set your subsonic right, you'll be fine. So SA12s are my vote smile.png

fryingpan.gif

Recommending that much power over rated is never a good idea, especially using the words "safely recommend". Just because you did it doesn't mean everyone can.

Just because the zcon shows a higher sensitivity rating, doesn't mean it will be louder, and I don't the OP has listed his goals.

For that amount of power I could safely recommend SA12s. I ran mine on two 3ks for a short period of time before one popped(3ks). They are now being beat on daily by a single 3k.

As long as you set your subsonic right, you'll be fine. So SA12s are my vote smile.png

Then what in the F is the sensitivity rating for? In that case you can ignore all the specs and just guess lol

Instead of running two woofers that would take the power fine and probably make him happy (depending on what he wants) you recommend that he run two woofers at the very tippy tip top of their power handling?

The first thing you said was that there was misinformation in the thread...but then you go and post some more.

EDIT: And how did you run two 3k's and then one 3k? Impedance doesn't work like that....

Edited by An-i-no

Why O Why must this go on?

I would hope with all the knowledge our forum members have this would not go on.

Simple math.

A=((b1 + b2) x h) / 2

Where,

a=area

b1=base one. 18.5

b2=base two. 21

h=height. 4

Ok, so I come up with 79, which whe multiplied by 21(length of port) I assume, I come up with 1659. Sound rite?

And I think ima go with the z's. I wanna be able to pound the crap outta them and not worry about being close to the tippy tip top. Lol. I can change port if needed. Need to redo front of box anyway, starting to come apart.

And I think ima go with the z's. I wanna be able to pound the crap outta them and not worry about being close to the tippy tip top. Lol. I can change port if needed. Need to redo front of box anyway, starting to come apart.

I'm confused trippy.gif

Then what in the F is the sensitivity rating for? In that case you can ignore all the specs and just guess lol

Instead of running two woofers that would take the power fine and probably make him happy (depending on what he wants) you recommend that he run two woofers at the very tippy tip top of their power handling?

The first thing you said was that there was misinformation in the thread...but then you go and post some more.

EDIT: And how did you run two 3k's and then one 3k? Impedance doesn't work like that....

that's hardly the tippy top of their power handling lol. There's far more people putting this kind of power to SA's then just me. There's a few guys running 4-5 to a pair. I'm not saying to do that. But you can safely put a 3k on two SA12s. I'm not saying the zcon is a bad sub. But if the OP wants to spend a grand or more and wait a month for subs, go for it. On top of that, not utilize the full potential of his drivers...... Or he can spend 400 and get them in a couple days. I highly doubt a zcon will be as musical as a SA. If he really wants to get his spl on, then order them with SPL coils...

what don't you understand about the amps?

run one at 1ohm, run two @ 1ohm?

And I think I AM A go with the z's. I wanna be able to pound the crap outta them and not worry about being close to the tippy tip top. Lol. I can change port if needed. Need to redo front of box anyway, starting to come apart.

yes get the zcons

bull.gif

bull.gif

that's hardly the tippy top of their power handling lol. There's far more people putting this kind of power to SA's then just me. There's a few guys running 4-5 to a pair. I'm not saying to do that. But you can safely put a 3k on two SA12s. I'm not saying the zcon is a bad sub. But if the OP wants to spend a grand or more and wait a month for subs, go for it. On top of that, not utilize the full potential of his drivers...... Or he can spend 400 and get them in a couple days. I highly doubt a zcon will be as musical as a SA. If he really wants to get his spl on, then order them with SPL coils...

261.gif

bull.gif

This whole thread is a joke.

you cant be serious threadsucks.gif

Serious about what? Everything? Yes? I can't help it if you're inept to understand what I'm trying to convey.... Maybe you misunderstood that I said "just because" this is different than saying it won't be louder which I did not say.....

ok my bad. SAs are shit subs and won't take 3k to a pair...... I guess my opinion matters not.... even though I was planning on running zcons for scrappin.

Maybe I should follow suite with all you other amazing SQ guys running super tweets and PA mids lol.

Edited by armykyle1

How do you know that your pair is seeing 3k? I don't doubt that they could take it for burps or demos but running that much power daily is going to result in the sub/subs failing. That much power on a 2.5" inch coil is pushing it. The sa's are badass I'm not arguing about that at all.

Serious about what? Everything? Yes? I can't help it if you're inept to understand what I'm trying to convey.... Maybe you misunderstood that I said "just because" this is different than saying it won't be louder which I did not say.....

ok my bad. SAs are shit subs and won't take 3k to a pair...... I guess my opinion matters not.... even though I was planning on running zcons for scrappin.

Maybe I should follow suite with all you other amazing SQ guys running super tweets and PA mids lol.

The last sentence made no sense i could care less about SQ so stop responding with emotion like a female and get the sand out your vagina. Your information is hilarious at best, good try. You dont know how many watts your subs are seeing just because there on a 3k amp doesnt mean they will receive 3000 watts Doh.gif . Considering his box size throwing 2-12" SA subs would be stupid and overkill with goobs of power considering his box is hella of efficient. Subwoofers dont need double rated there power to get loud or be used in daily setup, everybody is not chasing numbers and wants to buy recones. So before you post useless information try to find out the OP goals and read the information provided so you can help out a little better.

Throwing 3k at SA's may take it thermally but not mechanically and vice versa. If he were to put that on those subs and blow them would you pay for his recones? By your logic he should only get Zcons if he has 15k to 20k, right? I guess you dont see the people with 3k or 5k on a pair or even 1200 on a pair with great numbers? I cant help it your inept to give good advice, but try again budddy.

Edited by jay-cee

ELL OH ELL

OP i see that your pretty set on the Zcons but need advice on the box, so i recommend starting a new thread for the box since this one has become a joke. You should get more help that way.

Op when figureing port area forget about port length only the opening comes into play, length is for tuning

Edited by basshead396

The last sentence made no sense i could care less about SQ so stop responding with emotion like a female and get the sand out your vagina. Your information is hilarious at best, good try. You dont know how many watts your subs are seeing just because there on a 3k amp doesnt mean they will receive 3000 watts Doh.gif . Considering his box size throwing 2-12" SA subs would be stupid and overkill with goobs of power considering his box is hella of efficient. Subwoofers dont need double rated there power to get loud or be used in daily setup, everybody is not chasing numbers and wants to buy recones. So before you post useless information try to find out the OP goals and read the information provided so you can help out a little better.

Throwing 3k at SA's may take it thermally but not mechanically and vice versa. If he were to put that on those subs and blow them would you pay for his recones? By your logic he should only get Zcons if he has 15k to 20k, right? I guess you dont see the people with 3k or 5k on a pair or even 1200 on a pair with great numbers? I cant help it your inept to give good advice, but try again budddy.

I think you seriously need to re-read those responses. You clearly haven't changed your tampon in quite some time. I never once said anything about using SAs in that box. Merely stating they will take the power. Stop taking information out of context so you can argue with yourself. I'm sorry you got butt hurt that I don't feel the same way you do. Having a high post count doesn't give you intelligence.... Why should he spend over a grand in subs he won't be fully utilizing? Why not two Icons? All you've done is contribute negativity to this thread. The next time you feel the need to get fancy and mock someone, check yourself for spelling and grammatical errors. Also in all those responses, I used one smiley face. Have a nice day,