Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Leviathan-III review

Here is a nice in depth review of the new Leviathan-III.

http://www.stereowiseplus.com/2012/05/zed-audio-leviathan-iii-6-channel.html

:)

Awesome review! I want one so bad.

Awesome review! I want one so bad.

lol me too

Me three.

Damn that's a good review, and a great bunch of amps.... When we replace the van with a new vehicle I'm going on a smaller scale for the audio in whatever that vehicle may be and at this point I've been seriously considering either the Leviathan or the Dreadnought for power as I'm sure which ever way I go the result will be superb. I would LOVE to do an all "Made in America" build, I'm just not sure that's humanly possible anymore. Amps and subs, easy, HU, components, etc. I don't think there's many if any options out there.

Damn that's a good review, and a great bunch of amps.... When we replace the van with a new vehicle I'm going on a smaller scale for the audio in whatever that vehicle may be and at this point I've been seriously considering either the Leviathan or the Dreadnought for power as I'm sure which ever way I go the result will be superb. I would LOVE to do an all "Made in America" build, I'm just not sure that's humanly possible anymore. Amps and subs, easy, HU, components, etc. I don't think there's many if any options out there.

Are there HU's made here, or at least assembled here?

That's what I was referring to. I'm not sure there are any built here, I'm not even sure there's any speakers, components and such, that are built here in America.

I'm an empirical guy, so it would have been nice to see some numbers. But glad to see users with excellent things to say about the amps based on their subjective experiences regardless.

I :wub: mine! Its amazing for sure.

American made components = Hybrid audio technologies

McIntosh, is made in Binghamton NY

I'm an empirical guy, so it would have been nice to see some numbers. But glad to see users with excellent things to say about the amps based on their subjective experiences regardless.

I agree. :)

McIntosh HUs have been outsourced for many years now. IIRC they were being built by Clarion when I checked 5 or 6 years ago. Best bet for HU made in USA is AC Delco factory unit LOL.

Emminence makes some good components and they still have US factories. It's possible Boston Accoustics still makes their top end stuff up in Peabody, MA, though I know for sure they outsourced mid and low lines long ago.

Also, want Leviathan 3, but hard to justify since I own two 1st gens already.

McIntosh HUs have been outsourced for many years now. IIRC they were being built by Clarion when I checked 5 or 6 years ago. Best bet for HU made in USA is AC Delco factory unit LOL.

Emminence makes some good components and they still have US factories. It's possible Boston Accoustics still makes their top end stuff up in Peabody, MA, though I know for sure they outsourced mid and low lines long ago.

Also, want Leviathan 3, but hard to justify since I own two 1st gens already.

you can always sell one to me and then use that to finance a new one :D