swift

2 18's in a S10 extended cab, no wall

I sold my Q's to a local guy with a S10 extended cab truck. He wanted to be able to see out of the back window and not wall it. There is very little room to work with but I managed to get 10.8cu after all displacement and bracing etc. Subs forward and port firing up, I have heard this is the way to go in these little S10's so hopefully it is loud and sounds good on music. This guy will be eating the steering wheel but this is what he wants, he is much smaller than me so I guess its not big deal

My new shop tables, huge and I love them.

shop.jpg

The box is on the small side but hopefully it will be ok. Here is what I have done

boxa.jpg

boxb.jpg

boxc.jpg

boxd.jpg

His truck is red so this subtle add of red in the port and in the flush mount trim is a nice touch I thought.

boxe.jpg

boxf.jpg

boxg.jpg

I will post pics installed in a day or so if someone wants to see.

Edited by swift

Good job with the box. I still havent mastered carpeting.

Let us know how it sounds.

Nice Shop, and the box came out great. Still waiting for my Sp4's they should be just about done by now. When Did you order yours?.

Nice Shop, and the box came out great. Still waiting for my Sp4's they should be just about done by now. When Did you order yours?.

I think on June 6th.if they get here before July 4th I will be stoked. My truck is normally used for the music in a huge firework show. It's always really cool but may not make it this year

I think on June 6th.if they get here before July 4th I will be stoked. My truck is normally used for the music in a huge firework show. It's always really cool but may not make it this year

I hope they make It there in time for ya, I ordered May 22 so I hope soon, so I can start planning and making progress with my enclosure, I probably won't have It running till mid July.

Nice enclosure. Try contacting Shawn at Fi if you need to check on the woofers. I know he said there busy right now but I purchased a large order may 10th and are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Last I heard from them was june 6 and said they were machining parts.

guy must be a midget....2 15's is pushing it for me in my ext. cab

I'd like to see installed pics

Edited by Tim Harmening

Fits like a glove, lol

photo7.jpg

photo8-1.jpg

photo9.jpg

He is gonna do more, I just build the box. He has all stock electrical now so the gain is way way down on the Crunch amp. But it sounds amazing all sealed up. It is going to be fkn loud as balls when he can go full tilt.

looks good, but personally with that amount of space I would of chosen or suggested 15's instead. but none the less it looks good

Also it'd be considered a wall due to it being above the window line.. :lol:

Are these SSD's or Q's?

Edited by Julian

looks good, but personally with that amount of space I would of chosen or suggested 15's instead. but none the less it looks good

Also it'd be considered a wall due to it being above the window line.. :lol:

Are these SSD's or Q's?

I agree with going with fifteens instead. I think that they are q's. Nice looking enclosure by the way.

Also it'd be considered a wall due to it being above the window line.. laugh.png

Are these SSD's or Q's?

The first sentence says Q's, lol. Also there was nothing to suggest or not suggest really, he bought my subs and said "can you build a box for this"

Window line only means anything to people that compete, You can perfectly see out the rear view mirror which is what he wanted.

But yes, if it was me personally I would have probably only 2 12's. Those trucks are tiny.

No way 18's might be a tight fit, the work is worth it IMO.

Nice work and it should be killer in there.

Also it'd be considered a wall due to it being above the window line.. laugh.png

Are these SSD's or Q's?

The first sentence says Q's, lol. Also there was nothing to suggest or not suggest really, he bought my subs and said "can you build a box for this"

Window line only means anything to people that compete, You can perfectly see out the rear view mirror which is what he wanted.

But yes, if it was me personally I would have probably only 2 12's. Those trucks are tiny.

Yep, I've seen that happen too many times before.

Sorry I have the competitor mindset ;)

I think two 15's would of just met at or a little above the window line.

Maybe if/when he blows them I would suggest (tell) him to go to 15's in a more efficient box.

I think two 15's would of just met at or a little above the window line.

Maybe if/when he blows them I would suggest (tell) him to go to 15's in a more efficient box.

lol, why would he blow them? Just curious what your assumption is based on. The box is alittle small but perfectly fine. Its barely under 11cubes and has over 13in of port per cube.

Once again, I'm sure if he cared about window line he wouldnt have wanted to buy 18's? Since I do not even know the guy we can all assume that. Its not my place to (tell) him to do anything. If he asks I will give my advice, but like I said earlier. I would have went with two 12's if that was my truck.