KenC210

2007 Ford Escape build...

So i have now decided to throw up a build log as i am currently going thru a rebuild process. There is going to be a lot of work to this Daily Driver and i do not get much time to mess around with it so it will be a low build. Also since this is going to be my first large scale build i will be taking my time with it anyway. Not to mention i do not have much experience just picking up on what i get from this and other forums. I did mess around with fiberglass a little so i have little knowledge of it also. Everything is going to be double to triple checked another thing that will take time. Anyway here is a few things that were in the truck and a list of things that will be in the rebuild.

Old Setup

Truck: 2007 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH8300UB

High/Mids Amp: ZX Kicker 640.4

Low Mids Amp: Cadence TXA300.2

Sub Amp: AQ2200D

Highs: Cadence ZRS 40T

Mids: Cadence CS6.5

Low/Mid: Cadence FX8M4

Subs: AQ SDC 2.5

Electrical: Stock 120a ALT, Diehard Gold battery, and yellow top at rear. Big 3 done.

Deadener: None

New Setup

Truck: 2007 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH8300UB (Installed) Unless i decide to get another

High/Mids Amp: AQ 120.4 (Have)

Low Mids Amp: AQ 120.4 (Have) There is 2 of these

Sub Amp: Two AQ2200D (Have 1 and ordered second already)

Highs: AQ-ST1 Pair in the a-pillar (have)

Mids: AQ-MR6.5 Two sets (Have)

Low/Mid: Still deciding between either using the Cadence or buying some silver flutes

Subs: 2 DC XL 15's (Purchased waiting to come in)

Electrical: Singer 230a ALT (Have) XS Power D5100r (Ordered) XS Power XP3000 (Have). Big 3 Done

Deadener: Unsure of the product but it's decent. Sent out samples to Jon of Second skin to test. http://www.stevemead...econd-skin-rep/

Now of old setup.

IMG_0179_zpsa024ebd9.jpg

f3de4794.jpg

Look forward to some more pictures. I like this body design, interesting to see what kind of builds people use in them and how loud they get ;)

nice Keep the pics coming!

So i didn't get much done just removed subs and the box. Maybe if i have time i will mount the alt and the the xs 5100r tomorrow.

Here you see a mess with my aq2200d and kicker zx650.4. They are going to sit in there for a little while. They are screwed down so they won't move.

IMG_0183_zps19ab6784.jpg

Just some teaser pics

IMG_0185_zpsc71b6dac.jpg

IMG_0186_zps39a207c8.jpg

IMG_0187_zpsb9bdbd7d.jpg

IMG_0188_zps8959db75.jpg

IMG_0189_zps2bab73ae.jpg

Nice start! How are you doing the box? Subs up/port up again?

Is the 5100 the biggest battery that fits in the engine bay???

Nice start! How are you doing the box? Subs up/port up again?

i may need to seeing as my depth will be really close to the hatch. i will only have a few inches if that.

Is the 5100 the biggest battery that fits in the engine bay???

This was the only battery that was reverse polarity and the other batteries were to tall to lay it sideways. When i went to the site it recommended this battery anyway in the front bay area. After taking everything out i sold the factory battery and put the yellow top in the front and its laid on its side. I had to tie it down very secure because the top post were almost touching the air intake box

Just a picture i have of it but not showing the top post

IMG_0184_zps8c58dc76.jpg

Take the intake box off and put a cone filter on for more battery space!

Looking good. You go to any local shows? I'd like to check it out in person some time. :)

I actually dont attend any shows.. i really dont know of many but if ad when you know of some let me know. I have been trying to check out some street spl comps or shows but never get the time. Otherwise yeah since you are local or near by once im finished feel free to check it out.

Take the intake box off and put a cone filter on for more battery space!

wish i would have thought about that before getting the battery..

So i have not be able to get much done yet but i did however cut out the baffle rings for the 6.5 and tweeters. My only tools i had to cut them were a jig saw, i was going to buy a router attachment for my dremel but when i went to lowes and home depot both said that item was an online purchase only. So i said forget it and went ahead and used the jig saw.. So i did a 104.5mm diameter for the inner cut and a 106.9mm diameter for the outer cut for the 6.5. On the tweeters i did a 73mm diameter on the inner cut and a 99mm diameter on the outer cut. So onto some progress pics. I know it a little progress but some none the less. You will see on the tweeter baffle i had to notch out a small piece for the spade terminals.

IMG_0301_zps4bfbecd9.jpg

IMG_0302_zps9c0d03c5.jpg

IMG_0303_zps4fbc5baa.jpg

IMG_0304_zps2e3e7aa3.jpg

IMG_0305_zpsb8605975.jpg

IMG_0306_zps3f112f79.jpg

IMG_0307_zps8aae64e3.jpg

IMG_0308_zps6328e27c.jpg

IMG_0309_zps063d3a3a.jpg

IMG_0310_zps72489ac6.jpg

Just a small update... I got the pillars set with the tweeter baffles and all i need to do is wrap, resin, fill, sand and fill some more and a lot of sanding. Would have wrapped but got a lot of planning for the weekend. Now some pics...

IMG_0311_zps69be9dcc.jpg

IMG_0313_zpsf914d824.jpg

IMG_0312_zpsb2258b7c.jpg

IMG_0315_zps30278517.jpg

IMG_0314_zpsf854fb50.jpg

keep it up bro!!!

well i totally got something unexpected today in the mail. I was expecting the maybe sometime next week. Well her they are....

IMG_0316_zpsa064e943.jpg

IMG_0317_zps07074e85.jpg

IMG_0318_zps38f7049b.jpg

IMG_0319_zps87e0cccf.jpg

IMG_0320_zps7a4722be.jpg

So i been a little busy during the week and could do much but i started again yesterday and got some work done to the tweeter pods. Most of it was bondo and a lot of sanding. A few update pics.

A test fit before bondo...

IMG_0354_zps0c794e71.jpg

Start of the bondo and sanding process...

IMG_0355_zps02bcd03c.jpg

IMG_0356_zps8b15e681.jpg

After a hours of sanding and bondo...

IMG_0382_zpsb70dacb3.jpg

IMG_0383_zpsb2b2b3d3.jpg

So i have a problem... As you can see in pic below the bondo keeps coming up from the a pillar. I thought that the primer/filler would fill it in and i wouldn't see much issues, but i dont like the way it is. Any ideas that i could do to make this a bit better.

IMG_0384_zps221a4bb5.jpg

So i have been doing little work about an hour a day this week. Since i haven't updated here in awhile here comes more pics...

Showing i got the A-pillars fixed and test fitted...

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Then i started working on the kick panels...

got it taped here ready for glass

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

decided to use foil tape to help with the ease of taking off the tape from the glass molding...

IMG_0411_zpsf52c574e.jpg

Got my prep work done..

IMG_0412_zpsadb27df6.jpg

Sorry no pic of the glass mold was a bit messy but here are some almost finished pics... also a test fit

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Looking good man! Keep it up :)

This is looking great. Seeing builds like this makes me really want to dive in to glass work!