capricess

new to the site but not new to the game

What's up bass heads I've Ben lurking on the sight for I while now I've gained a lot of knowledge you guys are smart and entertaining at the same time but its time to ask a question of my own as I'm collecting items for my new build witch will consists of for DB drive k9 15s a bc3500 and all the electrical goodies for proper power but I'm stumped on my enclosure desighn witch is going in a 1995 Caprice I was thinking of 2 boxes built to specs and ported one on the left side of trunk facing in and the other on the right side facing inward as well and cutting out the whole in my back seat that is behind the arm rest and using it as a port into the port what do you guys think about this idea

Welcome

welcome to SSA

Thanks fellas its a pleasure to be here

WELCOME.gif To the SSA form.

:WELCOME: to the forum!

All I have to ask about your idea there is, are you sure you have enough width to get four 15's in the trunk of that car with the correct air space for each and not have them stifled?

If so, then I think your build idea with them on each side will look really good. I know those cars have ridiculously large trunks, but four 15's should need at least 14cuft of enclosure space. I looked at DB Drive's website and they list 2.66cuft for those 15's which seems absolutely absurd to me. I know of quite a few 12's that need space in that range to operate properly, it's hard to imagine 15's could and still sound right.

I'd run some numbers and see what the T/S specs say would work best and see if that will fit in the car. I think the manufacturer has listed a super small enclosure size to make it more appealing to people since the vast majority of people hate giving up any more space than they have to. You may be much better off looking into 12's if you're wanting to do four subs.

Well as far as the 2.66 cubic feet goes ill have the room to be able to get those specs in the trunk with about 10 inchrs of space between the boxes

:WELCOME:

I didn't look at the specs, but there is a disgusting trend amongst some manufacturers to cite lower than optimal enclosure size to encourage people to buy their gear. I'd seriously double check.

Welcome sir!!!