Chetrog

Sundown audio. Looking for SQ?

I hope this forum is ok for me to post a question here. I am thinking of buying a 10" subwoofer and am looking for SQ. Can anyone suggest a Sundown Audio subwoofer I should buy. I have 2 E- series in a big ported box with 2 12's and and love them with spl, but want to do a SQ setup for a different vehicle. If possible I would like the single sub would be under $200. I also will want it to be sealed. I'm also not wanting to use more then 600 watts. I just want the sound to fill the vehicle. I don't need to be heard blocks away. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Chet

He's looking to purchase a new sub for a different vehicle. All of the SSA subs are built with sq first so whatever sub you can afford would suit your needs as long as the install and box is built and designed well.. If built right though a ported box can have just as good sound quality or better even than sealed. I was also happy with my incriminator I series 10", especially for the money.

I'm hoping the box will be sealed.

sealed or ported, doesn't matter.

read the posting guidelines and give us the proper info, then we could give you some real advice.

Sundown SD series is well suited for a sealed enclosure.

Edited by swift

The SD Series from Sundown is perfect in a sealed box application! Any idea on what size sub woofer your looking for?

Great price on an excellent sounding 8" and takes up very little space in a sealed enclosure .... http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/57043-sundown-sd-2-8-pre-order-d4-only/

Edited by 98GMC

Maybe a sealed box would be the proper solution for you. If you build a ported box correctly though it should sound just as good if not better than a sealed box. The ported box will also be louder.

The SD Series from Sundown is perfect in a sealed box application! Any idea on what size sub woofer your looking for?

Great price on an excellent sounding 8" and takes up very little space in a sealed enclosure .... http://www.soundsolu...-order-d4-only/

Bet the OP would hate that.

And OP, if you actually understood what SQ meant I bet you wouldn't ask for it.