Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Wednesday interview time at lowes. Considering their uniform for work seems to be t-shirt or polo and jeans with boots/sneakers, I am thinking button down or polo with nicer dark jeans and high polish boots. Bad move?

J

That's exactly what I would do, but my boots probably wouldn't be polished, just dark clean boots. At the end of the interview it might not be a bad idea to ask if you were hired when you would start. Good luck, got my fingers crossed!

Wednesday interview time at lowes. Considering their uniform for work seems to be t-shirt or polo and jeans with boots/sneakers, I am thinking button down or polo with nicer dark jeans and high polish boots. Bad move?

J

That's exactly what I would do, but my boots probably wouldn't be polished, just dark clean boots. At the end of the interview it might not be a bad idea to ask if you were hired when you would start. Good luck, got my fingers crossed!

Thanks man.

As for the polish, I always try to keep a good shine on my boots, so nless I buy new ones it's unavoidable. Plus their is a small nick on the learher that tends to blend better when shined versus dull.

J

J

Thanks man.

As for the polish, I always try to keep a good shine on my boots, so nless I buy new ones it's unavoidable. Plus their is a small nick on the learher that tends to blend better when shined versus dull.

J

when you were in the army did you have a pair of clean boots that you had to have shiny, and another pair that you used everyday?

Another one of those "I'm pissed off at everything and everyone for no reason and there ain't a damn thing that'll help" days. Lovely.

777 just crashed at San Fransisco Int'l

J

How about jeans, a dress shirt and dress shoes.

Another one of those "I'm pissed off at everything and everyone for no reason and there ain't a damn thing that'll help" days. Lovely.

Or I could just be hungry.

Taking the family out for sushi tonight. woot.gif

I love Yumi's

J

I suit up for EVERY interview.

you took three chomps and then you chunked your hot dog up here... i got 13 stakes over here.

lol

the vet said dude.. your cats just pregnant and i said ok.. so i wont go and kick her

Someone's still neg'in your posts, lol.

every day lol no matter what i say :D lol

J

Tie and minimum khakis.

Got new job at the biggest shop in our region :D!

J

And this is why I said what I did. If the next guy came in ready to impress, and has the same qualifications, you loose out.

My roommate was told that he shouldn't put on a tie for interviews when going in for game design etc etc by some high profile muckyfucks at some convention. 5 years later and a master's degree, he works beat security. Now he struggles with interviews, but those guys who he believed about not wearing a tie didn't hire him either.

My point is this, if someone tells you to dress down, it is pointless because no one is going to look down on you for trying harder to put your best foot forward. Most jobs now don't require it, and if you feel akward in dress clothes, then suiting up is hard. But then my suggestion is get mote comfortable in a tie, shirt and slacks. Coats are a little less nesicarry.

I have done some interviews in a suit without the tie, but it was a second interview, and it was a bit less formal.

J

Being more than 2 steps up from the role isn't beneficial IMO.

Sport coat without a tie is a nice look as well. Actually my normal business garb.

Hmm, striped array of two smaller SSD's or a single that is slightly larger

*assumes the bios will do the striping such that Macrium or whatever I use will allow me to clone from a non-raid to a raid.

No idea. :D

From a quick search I don't think the backup will care as the striping is done automatically no matter what is written.

Balancing not as future proof with more speed. Basically get nearly double the performance from the drives when striped with the only negative being two to fail and of course later you couldn't add another larger drive to do the same with bigger.

I'm terrible when it comes to backing shit up. Completely fucked myself when I accidentally deleted all my music, and by the time I thought about trying to retrieve it I had already overwritten the hdd. :Doh:

Uber important stuff I burn to dvds, or upload to a server, but daily shit will go poof if hdds fail.

I mirror raid my master drive and all active slave drives.

If one drive fails, i start backing what's up on the other drive immediately.

I typically have several 2-3TB drives lying around(External) for stuff like that.

Then when replacement comes in, good as new again.

Hosting site gives 50gb of free space.  That's enough for most of what i need stored.

If it's worth backing up big time, it's best backed up online or on an archive machine.

Mirrored drives fail parallel more frequently than a statistical analysis would direct to. So unless you mirror 3 + drives mirror RAIDs are are not as redundant as it looks at first blush.

It's a goofy thing.

Sport coat without a tie is a nice look as well. Actually my normal business garb.

It is formally casual. Or casually formal.... Anyway, it is a great thing if you honestly 100% feel a tie is not appropriate.