Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I used to only use a straight razor until I deployed. It wasn't really an option over there because you're already 10 times prone to infection. So while deployed I tried the Gillette and Schick 5 blade. Found I was happier with the simple Mach 3 blade. My beard is VERY thick.

Now that you are back do you stick with the mach 3?

I never knew there was so much subculture about shaving and bearding. Lol

Now I'm out the service, I shave once a week with a straight razor. This may sound stupid but shaving with a straight razor gives you a nice little break from the world, because you kind of have to take one. No lie, I usually put on some Orchestral music on, close and lock the bathroom door, and take my time. Any loud noises can startle you and that isn't exactly ideal when you have a blade at your throat.

So I lost my drivers license somewhere between Houston, layover in denver, then on to Portland Ore. Can't fly home on Saturday with no ID. Looks like I'm renting a car and driving home.

Buy a Dovo. Can't really beat em, just watch out for knock offs. And go here http://straightrazorplace.com/forum.php

This is what I use. http://www.straightrazordesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=749

Edited by gprestonmoto

So I lost my drivers license somewhere between Houston, layover in denver, then on to Portland Ore. Can't fly home on Saturday with no ID. Looks like I'm renting a car and driving home.

You don't have any other identification that someone can send overnight to you?

my wife and kids are here with me. Most of my familyis in oOregon. I'm working on having someone get into my house and send my passport. We don't have many friends in Houston nor does anybody have my house key.

my wife and kids are here with me. Most of my familyis in oOregon. I'm working on having someone get into my house and send my passport. We don't have many friends in Houston nor does anybody have my house key.

Ahh that makes sense. 

I'm real cautious about my wallet and thengs of that nature. Juggling 2 grumpy kids all night, I guess it fell out of my pocket after I got through security.

Fuck Steve!  Good luck!

Fuck Steve!  Good luck!

never thought about what would happen if I lost it on a trip. At least I'm still in the US. Not on a bigger vacation. Then ill be really fucked. Also atleast it wasn't my whole wallet. Worst case ill have my wife rent me a car before she flys back, ill just drive. Maybe even take my 3yo boy with me on the road trip. Hey this could be a good thing.

Fuck Steve!  Good luck!

never thought about what would happen if I lost it on a trip. At least I'm still in the US. Not on a bigger vacation. Then ill be really fucked. Also atleast it wasn't my whole wallet. Worst case ill have my wife rent me a car before she flys back, ill just drive. Maybe even take my 3yo boy with me on the road trip. Hey this could be a good thing.

Might be worth a shot?

http://www.consumertraveler.com/columns/oh-my-i-lost-my-id-how-am-i-going-to-get-home/

If not, road trip it is!

Fuck Steve!  Good luck!

I'm not a deeply religious man but I believe fully that things happen for a reason.

Fuck Steve!  Good luck!

I'm not a deeply religious man but I believe fully that things happen for a reason.
+1

Fuck Steve!  Good luck!

Might be worth a shot?

http://www.consumertraveler.com/columns/oh-my-i-lost-my-id-how-am-i-going-to-get-home/

If not, road trip it is!

that's not a bad idea. Ill call TSA in the morning. I didn't file a police report buy I did file a lost item deal with the airline

Hell a 9 year old from MN made it to Vegas free, you should be able to get home.

Good luck though. You can't be the only one this has happened too.

Hell a 9 year old from MN made it to Vegas free, you should be able to get home.

he was more sneaky than me. I stand out!

They should have done it at night, more dramatic effect.

And the airport just called. My ID was turned in at Portland airport. Awesome news, I am going now to pick it up.

Good news Steve.

And the airport just called. My ID was turned in at Portland airport. Awesome news, I am going now to pick it up.

Sweet!