Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

"My name is Ryan, and it's been 30 minutes since I purchased my last MK"

Guy that works for me buys a different car every 3 weeks. Always funny to see what he is driving. Buys all sorts of high end cars under $10k and flips them.

I know guys like that, but the buy from the auto auction.

How does he do it, and how can I start?

Internet purchases, most likely. I have a buddy who has been doing this for years. He buys a mid/high end car for cheap, drives it for a few months, then sells it for a profit. He starts searching after driving for a month and when he finds a car he jumps on it. But you have to be ready to pull the trigger and have cash in hand. He sells locally, generally, and garners around 100% profit, after work and upgrades are performed. Last year he sold 3 cars and made almost $50 grand.

His trick is to buy desirable Euro performance cars as the market here is hot for them. Buying cheap means he can sell cheap. The young professionals with disposable income in one of the 6 downtown areas within 150 miles of here (this encompasses the 6 largest cities in NC, so it is a great location) are hungry for these 3 year old vehicles. He tends to stick with BWM and Audi, as they are the easiest sellers among this demographic. A small amount of performance upgrades makes these guys even more hungry for the cars.

temp89893735_zpsa82578cf.jpg

2015 Triumphs came in There is so much stock we don't have room on the floor for them. I want to see some of these bikes unpacked.

temp89893735_zpsa82578cf.jpg

2015 Triumphs came in There is so much stock we don't have room on the floor for them. I want to see some of these bikes unpacked.

Those big fuckers on the bottom are Rocket IIIs (2300cc 3 cylinder cruisers) and the Thunderbird Storm (1700cc twin) in matte black. Last years Thunderbird Storm in the same trim was one of the sexiest cruisers I have ever seen. It is massive, and really low slung. It weighs in at 750 pounds and is a thundering beast. My price on them is less than cost, and I was sooooo close to buying one.

Ryan did you get those pictures?

I did, but for whatever reason, I can not make phone calls or send texts out.  I'm actually waiting in line right now for a loaner phone.

How does he do it, and how can I start?

Brings $10k in cash to someone on CL. Cleans the car and lists it for $12k. Drives it, when it sells he buys something else. Makes at least an extra $1k/mo doing this.

Regularly they need work and he does the work.

He spends more time doing that BY FAR than it takes to make $1k, but being 23 or so he has the time and the money really helps. Plus it helsp with his driving desires.

Oh.. . Yeah.... Never mind.

I'm what you call lazy. I like to work smart not hard.

What really needs to happen is a big lotto winning.

shame its not the 4 channel

My household's out of pocket cost of healthcare as of January 1, 2015 will now officially be higher than my mortgage payment including escrow. I make too much to be considered for subsidies. However, the cunt that worked at Wendy's whom I will discuss later is likely not paying a fucking dime for better insurance than my family has... and it is all on me to pay for!

While I am highly paid for my industry in this location, I still make less than I did 8 years ago, but my cost of living has increased tremendously. I think it is important to point out that since then I sold my big home and bought a small house in an area where taxes are significantly lower... and 3 of my 4 boys have moved out of my house and are supporting themselves. FWIW my pay 8 years ago relied strictly on commission, where today I am paid on commission and bonus based on total shop hours turned and productivity percentage. When that fact is considered, you can see that the shitty economy has affected my pay negatively. People don't have the money required to maintain their vehicles anymore.

While the numbers we see for unemployment seem to be falling, let's consider why they are falling. After 4 years of looking, many people have given up finding a job. This lack of trying and being off unemployment makes these unemployed people fall off the statistical map. Many people are forced to take on 2 or 3 part time jobs because they can't find a full time job (thanks to Obamacare!). The number of people receiving social security disability has almost tripled since Obama has been in office. The federal government decided it was too hard for people to go on the government lamb, so they softened the requirements. These are just a few examples of people falling out of the work pool, or people forced to take on 2-3X the number of jobs just to make ends meet because full time work is unavailable.

8 years ago I could go to Wendy's and grab a fat burger, large fries and large drink for ~$5. I went there Thursday and grabbed a baconator triple with large fried and a drink for almost $12. Fortunately for the stupid. fat, ignorant cunt at the window who was rude and unprofessional, the pay for her position has gone up over the course of those 8 years almost $3/ hour. I can't figure out why everything costs so much more... Perhaps we should raise her pay even more! Raising the minimum wage so she can get more bling sounds like a brilliant plan! I am so thankful that I am also likely paying for every dime of her healthcare, food, and housing as she was such a sweet young lady.

The cost of new cars is going up, up, up thanks to the left leaning CAFE standards forced upon manufacturers today. The really awesome thing about that is, that while vehicles get more expensive so too does my tooling. I am so glad that I can make less than I did 8 years ago so I can pay more for the privilege of fixing these cars! Gone are the days of a $1500 scan tool doing everything you need it to... Now I get to spend $15-20 grand every 5 years.

Can someone please tell me how the left wing's/Obama's policies have affected me positively?

Oh wait, it did affect me positively in a few ways. I am positively disgusted with the entitlement attitude that our country is headed to really fast. I am positively frightened that the money I have acquired for retirement is becoming worth less and less every year. I am positively irritated that I am supporting that ignorant Wendy's cunt, and trying to figure out how I am going to pay for the rising costs of supporting my own family. Finally, I am positively embarrassed of what has become of the greatest nation of our time, and I am positive that if we keep heading in this direction we will be a third world nation before I retire.

Vote wisely this November 4th. Let's try to send this nation back in the right direction. We have been heading in the wrong direction for far too long... and it is getting worse at a frightening pace.

Yes it is Seth!

My area is filled with unemployed and welfare people mostly because they are lazy and know how to work the system. My taxes go up and they get cell phones, nice cars, and free repairs.

Makes me wonder why I work sometimes.

My household's out of pocket cost of healthcare as of January 1, 2015 will now officially be higher than my mortgage payment including escrow. I make too much to be considered for subsidies. However, the cunt that worked at Wendy's whom I will discuss later is likely not paying a fucking dime for better insurance than my family has... and it is all on me to pay for!

While I am highly paid for my industry in this location, I still make less than I did 8 years ago, but my cost of living has increased tremendously. I think it is important to point out that since then I sold my big home and bought a small house in an area where taxes are significantly lower... and 3 of my 4 boys have moved out of my house and are supporting themselves. FWIW my pay 8 years ago relied strictly on commission, where today I am paid on commission and bonus based on total shop hours turned and productivity percentage. When that fact is considered, you can see that the shitty economy has affected my pay negatively. People don't have the money required to maintain their vehicles anymore.

That shitty economy was the result of the 8 year republican reign prior to Obama...

The number of people receiving social security disability has almost tripled since Obama has been in office. The federal government decided it was too hard for people to go on the government lamb, so they softened the requirements.

From a Google search, this appears to be FALSE. The most common number I could find was 20% increase under Obama. The number of recipients has tripled, but it has tripled since the number of recipients in 1980, not 2008 when Obama took office. They loosened the requirements to receive SSDI decades ago, long before Obama. And it's still not easy, I talk to customers every week who've hired an attorney because the gov't has denied their SSDI claims.

8 years ago I could go to Wendy's and grab a fat burger, large fries and large drink for ~$5. I went there Thursday and grabbed a baconator triple with large fried and a drink for almost $12. Fortunately for the stupid. fat, ignorant cunt at the window who was rude and unprofessional, the pay for her position has gone up over the course of those 8 years almost $3/ hour.

Then that is a local/state issue, nothing to do with Obama. I see people's income for a living, and I see fast food employees weekly applying for loans. In my state they are all still at or VERY close to minimum wage which in my state hasn't risen in many, many years. If your state has seen a nearly 50% increase in their wages, then that is a state and not a federal issue. Federal minimum wage has only went up $1.40 since 2007, and hasn't increased at all since 2009

The cost of new cars is going up, up, up thanks to the left leaning CAFE standards forced upon manufacturers today. The really awesome thing about that is, that while vehicles get more expensive so too does my tooling. I am so glad that I can make less than I did 8 years ago so I can pay more for the privilege of fixing these cars! Gone are the days of a $1500 scan tool doing everything you need it to... Now I get to spend $15-20 grand every 5 years.

Let's not ignore the complexity of today's gadgets in those vehicles. Consumers are as much in favor of hybrids/fuel efficiency due to cost of gas as the gov't. Also, cars today are much more complex in features and systems are much more technologically advanced...when you start to add more options to every vehicle like heated fucking steering wheels, cars that park themselves, navigation, etc..CAFE standards are VERY far from the only reason new car prices have risen. Blame your fellow consumer who can't park their car without a backup camera or requires a car that will park itself or can't drive anywhere without the car telling them how to get there. As the cars get more complicated and technologically advanced the tools to fix them become equally complicated and complex which likewise makes them expensive.

I don't know anyone interested in complex drivetrains and motors. No one. They want better ecology, not even economy.

And it's a lie. There is no savings of energy in an electric or hybrid vehicle. Zero energy savings. Most have a larger ecological impact than the drivetrains that run on liquid dinosaurs.

As for the comment about voting next week... Your comment about federal minimum wage has nothing to do with anything that Seth is talking about in regards to that vote. The 5th is not presidential and thus has less to do with federal, so the federal minimum wage is not a valid point. If you would like to introduce it as one, then Seth's story paints a much more grim future as the local increase is hurting those who work harder as described in his statement.

SSD increase in one president is still absurd. But that's not the point here. The point is it was loosened and shouldn't have been Obama isn't tightening things up so he is just as big of a schmuck as the other idiots.

What frustrates me is most people see a difference. There isn't. On every major subject Obama and Dubbya voted the same.

They are both chickenshit fuckfaces. Bush was at least funny and could dodge a shoe. Obama is at least black and we'll spoken most of the time. But it's all arbitrary.

I don't need statistics to prove that neither pass the sniff test for making the country better.

What is the bullshit is that Romney or McCain may have had a positive impact, or been at least different. I didn't support either one of those schmucks either, but I'm fairly certain they would have been smarter than who is in office now and who preceded him.

I don't know anyone interested in complex drivetrains and motors. No one. They want better ecology, not even economy.

And it's a lie. There is no savings of energy in an electric or hybrid vehicle. Zero energy savings. Most have a larger ecological impact than the drivetrains that run on liquid dinosaurs.

if they can just build everything out of carbon nanotubes we'd be set. /s 

Best to keep you guns ready and lots of ammo to feed them if necessary.