Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yes. Hell Yes. FUCK YES.

http://i.imgur.com/0IkZy6S.jpg

From yesterday

Almost done yesterday with the bondo (more than recommended but hey it is what it is...)

IMG_20160621_160432483.jpg

IMG_20160621_160320506.jpg

IMG_20160621_160358253.jpg

Bumpers and fenders are primered. 

The rest of the car should be primered today and the paint arrives today. Beltline mouldings and tires are on their way. Don't know where the windscreen is and the rest of the parts (cowl cover, suspension and framerails) will have to wait a bit. 

On 6/21/2016 at 7:25 AM, Godsmack said:

Also some communities are trying to add to the state laws on 'assault weapons' and to try and make things even worse for legal firearm owners.

J

18 hours ago, topgun said:

If one can't safely and competently handle/carry a firearm when socially drinking, they can't do it sober.  

So who's there to decide that? And why do you have to carry a weapon almost all times?

What tests / exams / checks are needed in order to buy a fully automatic weapon? 

From that point of view I live in the greatest country in the world. Do you want to walk across town at 2-3 AM? No problem, nobody's going to do anything to you. Shootings? What are those? 

6 hours ago, nem said:

I believe everyone should be educated on proper gun handling in school. Hell if I remember correctly we were taught gun safety in 8th grade. All this media craze just amazes. If we could educate more people, then these people wanting to cause terror may rethink their action.

They should fear us not the other way.

And not just gun safety. Education in general would fix a lot of problems. Literacy, world history, geography and some basic science. 

7 hours ago, nem said:

Today marks 20 years of marriage. Holy shit life is sure flying by!

Congrats to you, bud!

Condolences to the wife...

4 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

So who's there to decide that? And why do you have to carry a weapon almost all times?

What tests / exams / checks are needed in order to buy a fully automatic weapon? 

From that point of view I live in the greatest country in the world. Do you want to walk across town at 2-3 AM? No problem, nobody's going to do anything to you. Shootings? What are those? 

Personal responsibility covers that one.  

Carrying to me is another version of a seatbelt, do I ever want to use it?  Nope, sure don't.  But I needed a seat belt once 12 years ago, and if I hadn't been wearing it I'd be dead or in a wheelchair like the other guy who wasn't wearing it.    

Don't let the media fool you Adrian, buying a fully automatic anything isn't easy.  It requires paying a tax to the government, filling out a bunch of paperwork, then waiting a few months, then plunking down enough cash to buy a nice first car and that is on the cheap side.  You also can't own one manufactured after May 19, 1986.  

I can walk anywhere i want to at 2-3am without concern as well.  Not sure how that is related.  And, no i do not own a working gun so that isn't why i feel safe.

1 hour ago, topgun said:

Personal responsibility covers that one.  

Carrying to me is another version of a seatbelt, do I ever want to use it?  Nope, sure don't.  But I needed a seat belt once 12 years ago, and if I hadn't been wearing it I'd be dead or in a wheelchair like the other guy who wasn't wearing it.    

Don't let the media fool you Adrian, buying a fully automatic anything isn't easy.  It requires paying a tax to the government, filling out a bunch of paperwork, then waiting a few months, then plunking down enough cash to buy a nice first car and that is on the cheap side.  You also can't own one manufactured after May 19, 1986.  

That's why I asked before just saying "ban this ban that" since there always are two sides to that story. Same reason why I asked about why there were no guns in the crowd at the Orlando shooting. 

I don't know, in this part of the world and for me it does seem weird to carry as a precaution. 

7 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

From yesterday

Almost done yesterday with the bondo (more than recommended but hey it is what it is...)

IMG_20160621_160432483.jpg

IMG_20160621_160320506.jpg

IMG_20160621_160358253.jpg

Bumpers and fenders are primered. 

The rest of the car should be primered today and the paint arrives today. Beltline mouldings and tires are on their way. Don't know where the windscreen is and the rest of the parts (cowl cover, suspension and framerails) will have to wait a bit. 

Nice progress! 

4 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Congrats to you, bud!

Condolences to the wife...

Thank you and my wife has a lot of tolerance to put up with me. :) 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I can walk anywhere i want to at 2-3am without concern as well.  Not sure how that is related.  And, no i do not own a working gun so that isn't why i feel safe.

You should feel safe with or with out a gun. In my small town you can do the same thing. Having a firearm is a choice, but in some areas it is almost a must have anymore.

Drains set and floor ready to be pored! 

Where i am now carrying one would be for a wolf if anything.

28 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Where i am now carrying one would be for a wolf if anything.

Honestly that is why most people started. Out for a walk in our area you can encounter lots of animals and driving. Nothing sucks as  bad as hitting a deer and listening to it scream and wine, so you do what you have to and put it out of misery. Two weeks ago my in-laws had 2 possums run under the stairs in mid day. One died and the other was crazy as shit. I shot it and gave it to DCNR and it was found to have rabies. 

Guess I can't figure out how to post links...

Not sure what is causing the photo issue.

We've got mountion lions, rabid animals, rattle snakes, the occasional dog, and other such fun 4 legged critters.  

3 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

That's why I asked before just saying "ban this ban that" since there always are two sides to that story. Same reason why I asked about why there were no guns in the crowd at the Orlando shooting. 

I don't know, in this part of the world and for me it does seem weird to carry as a precaution. 

The problem is that the media and politicians are trying to appeal to people's emotions and fears rather than looking at empirical evidence. The statistics just don't match the emotional outcry.

Plus there's money and votes to be had.

Somewhat like GMO's, lots of people say they are bad, are the numbers there to say that?  Nope, not a one.  

Guns are just a way to level a playing field of violence.  Unfortunately they are also usually lethal.

Sean, you are comfortable walking basically anywhere and most of that is state of mind.  Being in the .0002% for size helps bunch, but it's more attitude.

A gun is simply an option for resolving life threatening situations.  Nothing more or less.  It can also be used for hunting.  

When we talk about restricting firearms we are really talking about discrimination and vulnerability.  Firearms are never taken from those who don't follow the law or those with enough money to buy out of the law.  That is the way of things.

If you want to be safe and secure, and feel as such, either have no emotional investment in your overall quality of life and live by whatever trips your trigger in the margins of the world, or make as much money as you can And be able to do anything you want whenever you want where ever you want.

6 hours ago, topgun said:

Somewhat like GMO's, lots of people say they are bad, are the numbers there to say that?  Nope, not a one.  

Same with MSG, diet sodas, and plenty of other things.

I...uh...what...

On 6/21/2016 at 7:07 PM, sandt38 said:

If one is handling a firearm while drinking they are not doing it safely. As much as I like to drink I will NEVER touch or carry a firearm while drinking.

I can't believe you condone alcohol and firearms together.

You can't relate it to your beliefs and bad habits.  Many people are rational and can control their alcohol input through reason, and can therefore handle a firearm, or even worse, drive a car.   Oh wait, did I just insinuate it may be more deadly to drive a car?  Hmmmm.