Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

got my ass kicked by a staircase today

You seem to have trouble with the simplest mechanicals.

Exactly what I was thinking after the fact

Catalyzing reduces efficiency and sure the dipshit greenies aren't helping, but that isn't a current focus to improve so I don't see how that has all that much influence.  Curious as to why you think so.

2 weeks I am partaking in a global conference discussing pretty much exactly this, but in the mechanical (non-propulsion) portion of the response.  This year I am not presenting but will be at at least one if not two presentations next year.

http://gamcinc.com/gamc_new/conferences/body-congress/

Any idea when more stride in aerodynamics on bigger vehicles might be made? It seems like so much effort is focused on smaller cars than anything else.

J

I could have ended up in one.

It doesn't do much wrong, it just doesn't do anything amazing.

I also feel that if I wanted to go that way Buick or Lexus could get me the same experience with less hassle.

I love the new Regal GS. I would like to have one, but I can't see the $40K for a 4-banger. Same with Lincoln and the MK-Z.
Sad how expensive all vehicles have become

Expect them to get worse thanks to CAFE standards. I just spent time in class discussing soon to be upcoming vehicles, and thanks to the new CAFE standards we can expect the price of new cars to climb $7-15K by 2016.

54.5 mpg by 2025, This ought to be interesting...

It would be easier if the emissions were more relaxed.

Not really. If you think about it if the vehicle is that efficient, it should not really be emitting pollutants.

Willing to dig for any info you want.  I know the directors for most of the programs.

No real need, but thanks. Honestly my focus is all on propulsion, and what we need to expect over the next several years. Things like direct fuel injection, which is proving thus far to be a nightmare but it appears to be the future, and alternative fuels like CNG, as well as (obviously) hybrid and electric car designs. The classes were on advanced technology vehicles, and it was pretty cool. I was happy that the main focus was hybrids. As you know, I have laid all my bets on hybrid vehicles being the future. Apparently the general consensus is that I am right.

Clearly we are going to be on the lookout for more aerodynamic vehicles, lighter weight vehicles, etc. Structure will be extremely important.

2 weeks I am partaking in a global conference discussing pretty much exactly this, but in the mechanical (non-propulsion) portion of the response.  This year I am not presenting but will be at at least one if not two presentations next year.

http://gamcinc.com/gamc_new/conferences/body-congress/

Any idea when more stride in aerodynamics on bigger vehicles might be made? It seems like so much effort is focused on smaller cars than anything else.

J

Don't hold your breath, unless you are willing to deal with alternative fuels. Size savings means weight savings which translates to better fuel economy.

Rumor is the Jeep wrangler will be using an aluminium body here soon. If there was any vehicle that consumers would appreciate in aluminum, the Jeep would be it.

Hard to believe, but I have yet to put my mask on this haunting season.

Perhaps you'll don the mask for Halloween?

sick of being on this plane

Time to quarantine you now. 21 days in the hole monkey.

Oven took a shit on me this week. New range won't be here until next week. 

Looked into a few induction ones, but wasn't many chooses with a double oven range.

Am leaning towards the 650 cfm Holley double pumper with mechanical secondaries for the Stang. That and an HEI distributor.

Catalyzing reduces efficiency and sure the dipshit greenies aren't helping, but that isn't a current focus to improve so I don't see how that has all that much influence. Curious as to why you think so.

When I think emissions regulation I think about it hurting efficiency. You might be right that the focus is now having less unburned fuel, but I ALWAYS think of catalytic converter, restrictive EGR and DEF. Most of actually hurt MPG.

morning.gif

Might be a good idea to get a reaction at senior night for my daughter. :)

This will be my first year in a long time without a mask. You would think by 14 Anni would want to trick or treat with her friends. Nope, she still wants dad to go with her. :D

As she is going to be stitch, I get to be Lilo. 

J55s2jz.jpg

I call them Snobaru's. Seems like anyone that drives one is a complete tool.

Sounds like a good costume for you.

I bought a cheap washer on CL to use as a parts washer.

So, I have the flu and was ordered to take 3 days off work.  I was supposed to work all weekend, and upon handing my boss the note, he became upset and told me how he has had the flu for the past 3 weeks and he still comes in to work. 

This is the thanks I get for breaking my back for these people, working 14 hour days, doing extra work I'm not even supposed to do, and never seeing my son.