Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Need to get to surdyks wine sale and get a few cases of Champ for the holidays.

Need to get to surdyks wine sale and get a few cases of Champ for the holidays.

Don't forget about my bottle for Christmas...lol

You going to send me a bottle of wine too?

Only version I've made it all the way through lol

None of that matters in this case. A cop used excessive force, with a hold that is banned. He did it deliberately. He did it when there were countless other options. That cop needs to face his consequence just as you did yours Seth.

Again, maybe an indictment isn't the answer, but it sure would be if it wasn't a cop.

An indictment is merely a formal accusation of a crime; felony, or misdemeanor. The fact that the grand jury found the officer innocent of even a misdemeanor level criminal offense makes no logical sense whatsoever.

What facts do you have that may suggest otherwise? Seriously, not trying to be a cock, I just would love to see them.

OK, so I grabbed a few more higher end sticks tonight and finally smoked an Ashton. I grabbed an Ashton VSG Sorcerer, a Montecristo Epic (toro) and my guy gave me a free Arturo Fuente to make up for the shitty one I got last week I didn't mean for a freebie, I just told him the draw on it was miserable. He said that he stood by his product, and he wanted me to try/have another for free, on him. He also gave me a 10% discount on the sticks I bought tonight...

Honestly, he is within a buck of whatever I grab online.By the time I pay shipping we are honestly almost exactly on par. His recommendations have been on point thus far. I am extremely pleased with his service. I hate to throw that word out there for a salesman, but I trust the guy. He is ridiculously fair, honest, and knowledgeable.

Am I just extremely lucky, or is this common?

None of that matters in this case. A cop used excessive force, with a hold that is banned. He did it deliberately. He did it when there were countless other options. That cop needs to face his consequence just as you did yours Seth.

Again, maybe an indictment isn't the answer, but it sure would be if it wasn't a cop.

An indictment is merely a formal accusation of a crime; felony, or misdemeanor. The fact that the grand jury found the officer innocent of even a misdemeanor level criminal offense makes no logical sense whatsoever.

What facts do you have that may suggest otherwise? Seriously, not trying to be a cock, I just would love to see them.

The prosecutor screwed the pooch, more than likely. Either laid it on too thick, tried to get him on a violent felony charge, or didn't even try.

Personally I believe it's the former, rather than the latter.

Tonight we got rid of the 2 biggest problems in our shop. We had 2 service writers who didn't give a shit. Not only that, but they knew nothing of our industry. I hate to sound like I enjoyed it, but they were both fired today. Unfortunately, they affected my paycheck so tremendously that I was angry with my service manager and the owner, the only 2 people over my head. I have been pushing for their dismissal for the past 2 months. So this was a celebration for me.

I grabbed a few sticks from my local Cigar man, and decided to smoke the Ashton Symmetry that I bought last week. This, along with a few Old Fashioneds, was my celebration.

I lit it up and it lit beautifully. Rolling it prior to lighting it showed a very smooth roll, no hard spots. The aroma was spectacular. The removal of the head seemed a bit hash to me, and I was initially bummed by the lopsided feel of the guillotine cutter. But there was no need to worry. The initial flavor was a bit heavy on the spice. I finally got to understand a few flavors with this stick, as it was so complex. IMO the pepper/spice was almost a bit too much for the first 1/4 stick... almost. Once you hit it past that 1/4 it is amazing. It really mellows out, and becomes extremely impressive. I have never smoked a stick so far down in my life. This might be, the best all around stick I have ever tried. No, not the best from start to finish, but overall the most enjoyable I have smoked.

This is the first Ashton stick I have smoked thus far... and honestly I can say that Ashton deserves all their praises... this is a glorious stick, overall, from my limited experience..

The prosecutor screwed the pooch, more than likely. Either laid it on too thick, tried to get him on a violent felony charge, or didn't even try.

So None is your response? You have elected to condemn someone before they have been proven innocent? Perhaps Iran would be a better country for you to live in, as your adherence to the law seems better fitting there.

OK, so I grabbed a few more higher end sticks tonight and finally smoked an Ashton. I grabbed an Ashton VSG Sorcerer, a Montecristo Epic (toro) and my guy gave me a free Arturo Fuente to make up for the shitty one I got last week I didn't mean for a freebie, I just told him the draw on it was miserable. He said that he stood by his product, and he wanted me to try/have another for free, on him. He also gave me a 10% discount on the sticks I bought tonight...

Honestly, he is within a buck of whatever I grab online.By the time I pay shipping we are honestly almost exactly on par. His recommendations have been on point thus far. I am extremely pleased with his service. I hate to throw that word out there for a salesman, but I trust the guy. He is ridiculously fair, honest, and knowledgeable.

I would venture to guess, as common as finding a mechanic like you.

Thanks for the compliment, but honestly in Key West, Italy (Rome in particular), Charleston, and Greece I have seen the same thing, It seems fairly common. I just want to be sure that I should feel comfortable with my local Tobacconist.

So None is your response? You have elected to condemn someone before they have been proven innocent? Perhaps Iran would be a better country for you to live in, as your adherence to the law seems better fitting there.

The officer is innocent of a violent crime, no doubt.  The video proves that much. He is guilty of at least a misdemeanor offense, and should be punished accordingly. The video and the autopsy prove that much. Had the officer performed his job the correct way, the way he was trained to, there wouldn't have been any issue.

Thanks for the compliment, but honestly in Key West, Italy (Rome in particular), Charleston, and Greece I have seen the same thing, It seems fairly common. I just want to be sure that I should feel comfortable with my local Tobacconist.

And I do mean thanks for the compliment in the utmost sincerity.

Thanks. That was extremely flattering.

Similarly, had the personnel at Three Mile Island performed their job the correct way, the way they were trained to, that reactor would still be online.

The officer is innocent of a violent crime, no doubt.  The video proves that much. He is guilty of at least a misdemeanor offense, and should be punished accordingly. The video and the autopsy prove that much. Had the officer performed his job the correct way, the way he was trained to, there wouldn't have been any issue.

Was the prosecutor attempting to go after a misdemeanor or was he stuck on a felony?

Similarly, had the personnel at Three Mile Island performed their job the correct way, the way they were trained to, that reactor would still be online.

Honestly, I cannot speak for this. Your expertise in this field far exceeds mine, so I must digress. I have not studied this in any way, shape, or form, so I am not able to voice an opinion, period.

Not trying to be a chickenshit, I am just being sincere.

Was the prosecutor attempting to go after a misdemeanor or was he stuck on a felony?

Unclear at this time. After the grand jury announced their decision the DOJ took custody of the case.

Unclear at this time. After the grand jury announced their decision the DOJ took custody of the case.

So what you are saying is that you re condemning a man before he is proven guilty?

So what you are saying is that you re condemning a man before he is proven guilty?

I don't need a court to decide what my own two eyes saw.

I don't need a court to decide what my own two eyes saw.

Then I pray to God that you never get called for jury duty,

Hope I don't either. I got better things to do.