Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sold the third sled on Monday and the brother in laws last sunday

Woot. Sold my old trailer. smile.png

:woot:

Time for the Porsche!

I just started changing my diet in anticipation of becoming an ass-kicker.

I'm on a boiled egg kick at the moment..lol

I have a non-oversized 3 car garage, last week inside it was:

4 snowmobiles, an enclosed trailer, my Escalade, the wives XC90, 8 bicycles, 2 big wheels, a 19' canoe, lawnmower, a Unisaw, my workbench, leafblower, full set of yard tools, obviously my mechanical tools, about 1/2 of a parted out snowmobile, 8 rubbermaid tubs of boat stuff, a 6" metal lathe, enough empty boxes to ship the 40 things I have on CL/Ebay atm, air compressor, and a ton of other shit.  Was FUCKING packed.

Big wheels kick ass!

Big wheels kick ass!

Throw some 28"s on that biotch!!

comments kept to myself

At least keep an ear to the ground; people are organizing protests all over the nation right now. Hell they're even planning on protesting at my town's city council meeting tomorrow night. shrug.gif

Edited by Penguin4x4

Can't wait for the riots in NYC :throwrock:

Yeah, there coming just like when all the robbing, riots, and insane shit was going on with the case in ferguson. I do not know why some people do the shit they do; robbing, violent riots etc. Helps nothing, some people are just that fucking ignorant i guess.

What is going on in NY?

NYPD officer basically executed a guy and the grand jury refused to indict him.

The guy who filmed it is now being charged with a past encounter. Details there are sketchy.

J

comments kept to myself

At least keep an ear to the ground; people are organizing protests all over the nation right now. Hell they're even planning on protesting at my town's city council meeting tomorrow night. :shrug:

Speak em Neal. No need to stay silent man.

Peng is right though. At least keep an ear to the ground and keep an eye out.

J

That cop murdered a that man.

It was murder. He probably didn't intend to, but he murdered him. It wasn't self defense, it was murder. Same as me in a fistfight punching a guy and he dies.

It's completely fucked.

Maybe the cop doesn't deserve an indictment, but he assaulted another human with aggression waaaaaay past what was needed.

With 5 officers no one needed to put an arm around his neck or a knee on his head.

I'm scared of police, and I'm a white dude who doesn't even speed.

It looked like he might been resisting but they didn't have to smash his head into the ground.

Edited by Stephen93s10

They didn't arrest him in the video I saw. He was being detained. Maybe they were going to arrest him, maybe they made that clear to him.

It was unclear on the video and there were 5 of them. The cop is told not to choke someone. He is hopefully not trained on it illegally. However, he instantly holds a choke until the man stops moving. Waaaaaaaaay after they have a knee on his head and on his back and legs.

So how does a cop trained and told not to do something do that exact thing until he kills a man. That wasn't a headlock that turned chokehold. He had the guys chin up and crossed his other arm to add pressure. It was deliberate.

I'm not law enforcement, I'm not a lawyer, but I know when I see someone roll their forearms to buck a chin up and then use your other arm to cut off air.

I have no witty comment. That chokehold was the opposite of an accident. If I restrained someone who broke into my house I would still have justified manslaughter on my record.

That's the problem. Its not the 80's. Cops much like the military are trained in blood chokes. They don't kill you and USUALLY do not cause perminate damage unless they are done wrong. The choke the cop used is not a proper choke.

Additionally, they had no reason to detain him. The untaxed cigs charge is a ticket at most. There was no sign of agression, weapon or threat. He simply asked not to be touched, and with no warning of him being detained, I do believe an indictment was warrented.

I just hope the protests over this remain civil, and in accordance with the law, not done to spit in the face of law enforcement and their communities.

J

Can't wait for the riots in NYC sterb041.gif

Yeah, there coming just like when all the robbing, riots, and insane shit was going on with the case in ferguson. I do not know why some people do the shit they do; robbing, violent riots etc. Helps nothing, some people are just that fucking ignorant i guess.

What is going on in NY?

NYPD officer basically executed a guy and the grand jury refused to indict him.

The fact that he was obese, had chronic asthma, hypertensive cardiovascular disease, resisted arrest while breaking the law as he was on probation were in no way responsible for this criminal's death, I am sure.

And yes, he was told he was being detained, that is when he started to shrug off the officers attempting to do so.

I love how people see small edited portions of police, hell, any person on person violence and assume the worst. There is so much that occurs outside the short piece of video tape that we see on TV. In this case the grand jury saw enough of that evidence that they felt it was not a chargeable situation.

This dude was a walking heart attack. While the officer was overzealous, none of this would have occurred if the suspect were in better health, had not currently been breaking the law, had not currently been on probation, and had not resisted arrest. Why not point the finger at the offending party? You know... the criminal.

Garner, a grandfather with six children, had a lengthy criminal history, including more than 30 arrests, and had been previously arrested for selling untaxed cigarettes in May, according to police.

Acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease were listed as contributing conditions in a controversial death that sparked anti-police demonstrations and calls for a federal investigation.

I just started changing my diet in anticipation of becoming an ass-kicker.

I'm on a boiled egg kick at the moment..lol

Cholesterol might be something you want to avoid right now, my cardiovascular disease ridden friend...

That cop murdered a that man.

It was murder. He probably didn't intend to, but he murdered him. It wasn't self defense, it was murder. Same as me in a fistfight punching a guy and he dies.

It's completely fucked.

Maybe the cop doesn't deserve an indictment, but he assaulted another human with aggression waaaaaay past what was needed.

With 5 officers no one needed to put an arm around his neck or a knee on his head.

I'm scared of police, and I'm a white dude who doesn't even speed.

1. respect the authority and commitment of the police.

2. don't break the law.

3. don't resist arrest.

4. comply with police officer's requests.

No need to worry.

Seriously, I'm gonna vent a little.

When I was younger I got arrested for a pretty big time offense. They found several pounds of weed, over $10,000, scales, paraphernalia, a little hash, and a little coke. When they entered the apartment I was polite, helpful, told them where to find what they were looking for, and I respected their authority. By the time they got done searching and cataloging what they found, we were laughing and joking with each other. They put me in the car with no cuffs, and treated me very well. Keep in mind, I was blazed out of my skull, and very high on coke, and a long haired pretty big dude (6'1" ~ 220 and muscular) so you know I looked sketchy as hell. Booking went easy, and I was always treated extremely well because I respected and understood what was going on. When I stood before the judge the officers recommended I be released OR because I was helpful, friendly, and they felt no risk of flight. I was released OR... no shit, all that dope, money, and the possibility of prison and they released me OR.

I was told by a big supplier of mine a few years prior when I decided to go big that I needed to be aware of the implications of my decisions. He told me that old ass adage, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time". He told me that by going as big as I was that the heat was going to be on me. The street level guys don't pass the info down, they pass it up if they get busted. He said that I would get caught, eventually, and that when the cops raided I needed to behave like I stated I did above. So I made my decision and went with it.

Honestly, if I had been a dick, or combative, or lied, or hid shit, or resisted, my night would have been a lot worse. The judge made the decision, when all was said and done, to give me the smallest sentence possible.

These people that are resisting arrest, and attacking police officers are getting what they deserve. If you can't pay the price for negative actions, you should try to find positive ones instead. Everything that we do in life has a consequence. You get what you give. Police have a difficult job to do, and they have to be mindful of their own safety, and the safety of the public at large. Most of us here, aside from our members who are or have been military (thanks, of course for your service), have no fucking idea what it is like to enter a hostile environment like cops have to so frequently. By judging, belittling, and reducing their ability to do their jobs by such stupid acts like we have seen in Ferguson and now in NYC, we are making their job harder and their presence less effective. I truly believe in both cases that the officers acted in the manner they saw appropriate, and in the case of the NYC officer likely in a manner he had before, but the results were disastrous.

Furthermore, the justice system we have had in place for so many years has been considered acceptable. Now, thanks to the media's interpretation of these events, it is a problem. In the US we are presumed innocent until proven guilty, but so many millions of people have chosen to condemn before hearing the whole story. Street justice is the next step, and it is a huge step backwards...

Today people want to be a media victim or media hero and then ride on the support of the internet to promote it.

Simply put, if you fucked up take the punishment. Kind of like a buddy of mine who has pit vipers as pets. Regardless of how pretty and colorful some of them look. if you put your hand in the cage and get bit, tough shit for you. You knew the consequence's.   

Always be ready, never let the actions of others dictate your fait.