Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'm in the mood for beer and grilled shrimp!!!

Agreed, but I want Oysters and Beer, and I want it to be a late summer evening on the water in Annapolis at sunset with a lady friend.
fuck I am down if she bails

Agreed, but I want Oysters and Beer, and I want it to be a late summer evening on the water in Annapolis at sunset with a lady friend.
fuck I am down if she bails

Sounds like a good plan, count me in to :)

Tried a Punch Pita stick today. It came in my Sampler with the humidor.

Honestly, I really like the humidor. The construction is really solid, the fit and finish is really impressive for an inexpensive unit. The hinges are smooth, and the glass top is really nice. When opened, even empty, it retains it's balance. The seal is impressive, and the analog hygrometer is a nice touch. I am prepping it for my coworker now, but it is honestly so nice I may grab another, as it will make a great smaller "often opened" humidor for my more frequent sticks and I'll use my nice one for my higher quality sticks to age. I got a 10 cigar sampler (worth ~$70-80) and the humidor for $39.95+ shipping. It arrived in 3 business days well packed for $45.68. The humidor lists for $39.95 on most online stores, and honestly I was shocked at the quality. I am also glad I got several sticks and various flavored options in it, so I can expand my repertoire.

And I did manage to get a Gurhka Beauty and an Oliva "O" in this sampler, so I can give a try of the brands suggested by you fellas.

The stick was not that bad. I paid almost nothing for it, although it retails for ~$5. I rather liked it. The construction was nice, it had a really nice draw, and was fairly robust. The stick smoked well down to the nub. I can't say it was amazing, or complex, but it was a really decent overall smoke. I'm not sure I can say that it is worth the $5, but in a sampler like I bought it really was a worthwhile stogie.

The wife had no rest till she had a hot tub. Found on local for $200, needs a little TLC, but I can make it work and look nice. Holy fuck when they 675 lbs dry weight they are not joking! 

Fucking hockey, eh?

real men, real sport, and yes the guy who doesn't watch TV is watching hockey atm

If anyone has a quick opinion how would a 4cube box with 32hz of dank memes sound on a Fi Q 15 with 1500 on tap?

English dude!

I am pretty confident that my question is in coherent english...

Quite the contrary.  Your English teachers would smack you for the lack of grammatical etiquette. 

While filling out the paper work for two hand guns today it sank in that I am 40. Age 40, just seemed to strike an odd feeling to me. Wow is all I could think.

Seth,

I got a call from the wife today saying her car overheated.  3.1L Lumina, looks like it is leaking from the back of the timing chain cover, how big of a PITA is removing the timing chain cover and replacing gaskets.  Also, anything else that I need to look for/replace while I'm in there.  I've already done the lower intake manifold gasket on it.  

Depends on which 3.1 is in it. Most of them are really fairly simple. I can't remember the VIN code on the motor that is a PITA (there are 3 3.1 VIN codes, one is a CA, another Fed, and a 3rd that uses a different front mount). If the front motor mount bracket is part of the cover it is a real fucking hassle, but other than a snug fit there isn't a huge amount of difference.

Some of the older ones had an annoying horseshoe mount bracket that block the cover and it can be a bit of a bitch to get the bolts out of the side of the block, but I assume yours is newer than that... I am thinking that bracket was superseded around 95.

In any case, I have seen that more than once. Sometimes the bolts that run into the water jacket get covered in a sludge that makes them had to get out. Even of they come out OK, I suggest taking a larger flat screw driver and reaming out the holes, as it will make it easier to get everything back together and aligned correctly. If the car has some miles on it, I might think about getting the speedy sleeve timing cover kit from Fel-Pro. It will have a sleeve that you press onto the balancer surface that rides on the front crank seal. You will need a balancer puller set, but I assume you have one. This balancer is pressed on and will not come off without one.

When you go back together you will want a good sealer for the front rail on the oil pan. It is IMPERATIVE that this seal be effective, as you must remove the engine to do a pan gasket on this engine. There are main bearing cap bolts that go through the sides of the oil pan and into the block. You cannot remove the ones that are sandwiched between the tranny and engine without separating the 2. Cut the old gasket out, flush with the front of the block. Use a brand new razor, and do not disturb the seal between the pan and the block right behind the front cover lands. I like to use "Right Stuff" sealer you get from NAPA. You must ensure that the pan and cover mating surfaces are clean and dry... no oil, no water, no coolant... Use as much brake cleaner as possible and make sure it dries to a dull finish. Lay a decent bead on the surface of the pan, and also lay a decent bead on the front cover where it rests on the pan. Do your best to bring the cover in as far as possible and press down into the surface of the oil pan, so as not to push the silicone out.

If you have over 150K I might consider a new timing chain. Oh yeah, be sure you unplug the cam sensor on the top of the cover before you pull it. Don't want to fuck that up either ;).

I would set aside about 6-8 hours, if you are proficient. While not a hard job, it can be time consuming.

Rocky mountain oysters?

No I'm not into ballz angry2.gif lol

How do you know have you ever tried balls? :P

Advil and sailor jerry are going to help me relax tonight.

Rocky mountain oysters?
No I'm not into ballz angry2.gif lol

How do you know have you ever tried balls? tongue.png

Just cheese balls with ritz crackers lol....Not hog ballz I'm out!runlaugh.gif

Edited by mikel7829

I got a beta blocker prescribed today that should help mesmile.png

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Don't know I just took it..I got to go back Jan the 12th for a Echo and heart stress test..But between now and next mon I have to record my blood pressure if it don't go down they are going to get me in there ASAP they give me Atenolol 50mg on top of my  20mg Lisinopril..If that don't work I don't know what will..lol

Hope that helps.

Don't know I just took it..I got to go back Jan the 12th for a Echo and heart stress test..But between now and next mon I have to record my blood pressure if it don't go down they are going to get me in there ASAP they give me Atenolol 50mg on top of my  20mg Lisinopril..If that don't work I don't know what will..lol

Wow I hope things work out for you. 

Hope that helps.

Wow I hope things work out for you. 

Thankx man!

You are far too young for those problems.

Not sure I am going to make it late tonight, this staying up  for 30 plus hours is kicking my ass.

Not sure I am going to make it late tonight, this staying up  for 30 plus hours is kicking my ass.

Damn 30 hrs that is crazy!!

Normal for me. Just today working outside and now in the warm I am getting tired quickly.

impulse purchased some grado cans. curious to compare them to my senns

Edited by lithium

Normal for me. Just today working outside and now in the warm I am getting tired quickly.

Truth!  We had 20mph winds today, 5 damn trucks, and the receiver is on vacation.  Guess who's scrawny ass had to play fork truck bitch all day.  The drive home with the heated seat killed me.  Then I took a bubble bath. 

Can't wait for the riots in NYC sterb041.gif

Edited by Penguin4x4

By the hands of an unknown lord

I am the highest threat to the future of mortality

This is pure fucking hatred

GREAT band and VERY easy to talk to. Amazing live and their lead singer is impressive as all hell!

J