Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

My brain is melting from my ears and I'm pooping out all my life force.

I am telling you because schadenfreude.

:(

Blaaaarrrggghhhhh

Might finally move on up to cable internet.

Sean you should be able to use battery tender extensions cables with that. If you look on amazon you can get them pretty cheap.

Hot tub plumbed up and ready to be wired tomorrow. If all works the wife can order a new cover and I can be done with that project!

Fingers crossed that this $200 hot tub works and makes the wife happy. Then I will be very happy I did not have to spend $6,500 on a new one.

I want a hot tub, but the thought of freezing before making it back in the house does not appeal to me.

You can come over and use mine anytime :)

doing some headphone comparisons between my sennheiser hd558 and grado sr80e. any music suggestions guys? 

Norah Jones or Sarah McLaughlin for vocal depth and clarity.

I hate Sara McLaughlin

Diana krall then

thanks guys

I want a hot tub, but the thought of freezing before making it back in the house does not appeal to me.

So put it in the basement.

J

So put it in the basement.

J

Whirlpool tub

Edited by Penguin4x4

Sean you should be able to use battery tender extensions cables with that. If you look on amazon you can get them pretty cheap.

I just want the connectors, the wire is in place.  Trying to avoid extra splices since any and all connections on my sled I expect to fail.

I have not seen just the connectors, but I will look more and let you know.

I just want the connectors, the wire is in place.  Trying to avoid extra splices since any and all connections on my sled I expect to fail.

Buy a WeatherPack kit.  WAY better.

A much younger friend who I trained with in the past asked me yesterday if I would be interested in working out with him for an upcoming fight in Allentown. As much as I would love to get back into training I think I might be at the point where I would rather give advice.

Buy a WeatherPack kit.  WAY better.

Regrettably the sled has one male and one female I want to use and they are on two different cables.  Both terminate in blocks such that I'd be replacing 5 connectors at a time.  Have weatherpacks where I can just replace all.

Not sure this old man wants to get back into full contact and kickboxing.

Appreciate the help.  I am just dumbfounded that even with a fair amount of searching online and trips to 2 autoparts stores, Northern Tool & a hardware store  I haven't found any or got any leads.

I don't trust crimp so much either.  

Compounded in when I change one thing, then I should change the rest.  If I were doing that there are about 8 other strange connectors I'd need to fabricate which I would in an ideal world....but if I am doing that much work I am getting a Poo raceshop 797 first.  :P

So, wtf are these connectors called/labeled so I can buy some.

Have a wire that would mate with this:

61SKLKZlf3L._SL1500_.jpg

ie, standard SAE bullet connector.  I just want to buy male/female ends for single wires. as I have a multi-plug unit I need to add a wire too.

That is a  generic two way electrical connector. Hope this helps....

http://www.qualitydist.net/pico-1878pt.html

Being my motor is new and on a bench that ain't happening anytime soon.

Compounded in when I change one thing, then I should change the rest.  If I were doing that there are about 8 other strange connectors I'd need to fabricate which I would in an ideal world....but if I am doing that much work I am getting a Poo raceshop 797 first.  tongue.png

Crimping is one of THE best connections.  I don't know if you just want the connectors or them wired.  I've never seen one bare, only molded with leads, such as. . .

http://www.delcity.net/store/Molded-Connectors-without-a-Loop/p_8593

When I crimp I always silver solder.

I MUCH prefer any soldered connector.

I REALLY wish these came in other than 2 lead connections.  Give me 1, 2, 3 and I'd rewire every connection on the sled.

$T2eC16R,!y8E9s2fjLJ9BRzv7Z)64!~~60_12.J

Compounded in when I change one thing, then I should change the rest.  If I were doing that there are about 8 other strange connectors I'd need to fabricate which I would in an ideal world....but if I am doing that much work I am getting a Poo raceshop 797 first.  tongue.png

Crimping is one of THE best connections.  I don't know if you just want the connectors or them wired.  I've never seen one bare, only molded with leads, such as. . .

http://www.delcity.net/store/Molded-Connectors-without-a-Loop/p_8593

I know.  Just have always felt better about solder.  Obviously conditions on a sled with temp, vibe, and lots of abrupt motion aren't easy on anything.  Soldering into a solid connector with strain relief and plugging just feels the most secure to me.  I have crimps all of the sled.  It came that way.  Hell the damn thing is riveted together, lol.