Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I missed the $650 part :/

I guess we have different ideas of slow. The '11 GL550 I took out was 0-60 in under 6. Suspension wasn't great but the 2013s are being called the S Class SUV.

At this point, my ML feels slow.

Tell you what.  Ryan1 or I will switch you vehicles for a month, then when you get it back, it'll feel like a fricking rocket ship.

I can just run the wives for a bit and get the same feeling.

Last GL I drove was slower and handled way worse than her car too.

I missed the $650 part :/

And of course that isn't completely fair, my ML63 is $662/mo + $53 in insurance. I pretty much can work with the same, but it is supposed to be $650. Sort of trims the choices a bit.

I am sure I can probably even negotiate $100 more as I am kicking ass, but that really doesn't help. Open ended private party leases are fine, but fundamentally this means whatever I buy can only depreciate ~$19k in 45k mi and 3 years.

All repairs on are my dime too so in an effort to minimize those it either has to be cheap to fix or certified.

And I know the Jeep is just a more raw version of the ML I already have. Exact same chassis, similar tuning of the chassis, and an inferior motor. Just as quick though and feels completely different so I'd actually prefer it to another ML. If I could afford the newer body style ML63 then it would win although it really isn't so different either.

Seriously contemplating a custom dash and seats in an already built TBSS.

I can imagine I'll drive one again and it will be so loud and unrefined I'll puke and no longer want to. Going to drive a 5.3l Saab 9-7x later this week as there are no Aero's anywhere near me. I don't actually like the body style as much but am hoping that the interior has more hope.

Envisioning a 10" touchscreen in the dash, some 8's in the doors and some 3's in the pillars. Little 8 or 10 in the side cubby, a single 5 chn amp, and M6 seats. Custom console, dash, and seats and it would be a completely different vehicle.

Of course, with the reliability woes I had with my Chevy I am a bit scared to rely on a 550+hp LS to drive me around. More worried about the rest of the car than the motor, but am sure I'll make ghosts appear.

Trying to look at "factory options" for you. It isn't going to happen. The custom route does sound like the best way to go for you.

The tbss idea is good. I'm not so sure the reliability will be there though. The more I try to think of options for you, the more my head hurts. Good luck Sean.

The tbss idea is good. I'm not so sure the reliability will be there though. The more I try to think of options for you, the more my head hurts. Good luck Sean.

My head hurts as well, appreciate the thoughts and you guys letting me "abuse" the hop with my ramblings. Typing shit helps me.

I'm going to pass this along to some friends that have a lot more knowledge/experience in the auto industry. Hopefully they will have some kind of solution.

Only real options atm:

2012 Jeep SRT8 - YAY! First year and a Chrysler.

BMW X5M - car bores me

BMW X6 5.0 - too slow, M too much $$

2009 Mercedes ML63 - 2 years newer and NO CHANGES. WTF Benz?!@?!@?

2007+ Trailblazer SS - coilovers, sways, brakes, FI, exhaust, aftermarket stereo, M6 seats, upgraded everything mechanical, new steering wheel, perhaps a dash

2009/2010 Escalade - FI, coilovers, sways

And I am at my wits end.

All those can tow 5k and are within acceptable range of the ML performance wise. The Caddy is a step back, but is bigger for hauling the boat and kiddies around.

ML gets my vote. Or a really tuned up escalade. But the ML is still going to be all around better I bet.

But I am so bored of my car. I HATE owning daily drivers this long.

#whitepeopleproblems

I guess we have different ideas of slow. The '11 GL550 I took out was 0-60 in under 6. Suspension wasn't great but the 2013s are being called the S Class SUV.

At this point, my ML feels slow.

Tell you what. Ryan1 or I will switch you vehicles for a month, then when you get it back, it'll feel like a fricking rocket ship.

I can just run the wives for a bit and get the same feeling.

Last GL I drove was slower and handled way worse than her car too.

After a rip on the 954 everything is pedestrian.

Sean. I have decided I also love the pantera.

I will now build one.

As I build it I shall send you picks of your hopes and dreams forming up in my garage!

:-D

I am sure when you are in the TB you will be much happier though.

In the little fantasyland Sean is now "accidentally" crashing into the Pantera 10-12 times.

<- Installing Matlab to plot x and y coords because I don't know how to do it in Excel/OpenOffice. :rofl:

Anyone use JB Weld? Just cleaned my engine side cover (magnesium), and JB Welded a small crack. Hopefully it'll last for a few weeks until I can order a new cover.

I used JB weld to fix a small crack in my generator gas tank two years ago. Has worked fine ever since.

Anyone use JB Weld? Just cleaned my engine side cover (magnesium), and JB Welded a small crack. Hopefully it'll last for a few weeks until I can order a new cover.

Depending in where the crack is, it may hold for ever. I used to fix lawn mowers on the side and I would use an aluminum epoxy on the magnesium decks without issue. Of course these were not subjected to heat cycles like your cover, but still get quite a bit of abuse.

Local guy around here did local dirt track mini trucks, he forgot to drain water out of the block one winter, cracked it, JB welded it and ran it for the next season.